Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #188
edz10ss
 
edz10ss's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ocean County-New Jersey
Posts: 246
Car looks incredible. Im doing the same opaint job. Only I have Silver ice Met. Im seperating it with a blue stripe.By the way what color blue is that, that you used to seperate the black and cyber gray? Also which turbonetics is that? Im in the middle of saving for it and are you happy with the power? Where do you start feeling the boost kick in?
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #189
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,257
He's got the turbonetics L99 bolt on kit that they're selling. His car was the prototype car and they literally just finished installing the actual production pipes this weekend. IIRC he's making 487 at the wheels, but the torque curve is higher and it pulls harder than the LS3 model. At least that's what he told me.

As for the blue, he'd have to tell you that.

Did I get everything right Manny?
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #190
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
woo hoo! update time! well i finally got around to some new mods! today i bought the rk ram air hood but with a twist. it will be the first one theyve mad in ALL carbon fiber not just a blister. and i also ordered a seibon ST trunk. thanks again Brandi From Street Trends! anything you need, shes your woman! she'll find it and swing you a hell of a deal! as far as paint scheme, have a idea but not sure i wanna cover up all that carbon fiber. gonna add a ton of clear.
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #191
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp
 
pyr0b0y's Avatar
 
Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 4,127
ElManny's new front bowtie done in complete carbon fiber
Attached Images
 
__________________


Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #192
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
got my car resprayed for sema redid the flames and tint cleat coated the carbon fiber. heres progress
Attached Images
         
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #193
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,501
Wow.. I gotta say theres alot of really well put together cars on Camaro 5 but hands down yours is my favorite. The black with CGM is very subtle and the blue on your wheels and pinstripe work perfect with your other colors. A+
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #194
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
Wow.. I gotta say theres alot of really well put together cars on Camaro 5 but hands down yours is my favorite. The black with CGM is very subtle and the blue on your wheels and pinstripe work perfect with your other colors. A+
thank you very much! thant means a lot
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #195
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
Wow.. I gotta say theres alot of really well put together cars on Camaro 5 but hands down yours is my favorite. The black with CGM is very subtle and the blue on your wheels and pinstripe work perfect with your other colors. A+
p.s. heres her as of a couple days ZL1 front bumper, all chrome blacked out.
Attached Images
    
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #196
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
p.s. heres her as of a couple days ZL1 front bumper, all chrome blacked out.
Yeah I saw those pics and asked who's car it was and got a link to your build.. You really did a great job planning everything so it works together perfectly yet still subtle. I can only hope my next Camaro comes out looking close to this.
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #197
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
Yeah I saw those pics and asked who's car it was and got a link to your build.. You really did a great job planning everything so it works together perfectly yet still subtle. I can only hope my next Camaro comes out looking close to this.
thank you very much. when you get your next one let me know id love to follow your build
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #198
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
thank you very much. when you get your next one let me know id love to follow your build
Will do..
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #199
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,257
Your car is one of the best CGM camaros I've seen Manny. The addition of the ZL1 bumper just looks great.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:33 AM   #200
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
time to update this. won a couple of awards.

Apex Motorsports Car Of The Month for February, and Motorz.tv Car of the month for February

http://www.motorz.tv/blog/3807/febru...nner-selected/

won a car cover which looks awesome fits very well. this month i added 1000 HP axles from GForce and ******** 5.1 enhancement kit which goes in tomorrow.

My goal for next month is to save up enough money for either a set of racing wheels or for a LS3 upgrade to my engine.
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #201
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
time to update this. won a couple of awards.

Apex Motorsports Car Of The Month for February, and Motorz.tv Car of the month for February

http://www.motorz.tv/blog/3807/febru...nner-selected/

won a car cover which looks awesome fits very well. this month i added 1000 HP axles from GForce and ******** 5.1 enhancement kit which goes in tomorrow.

My goal for next month is to save up enough money for either a set of racing wheels or for a LS3 upgrade to my engine.
Congrats on the awards and car of the month.. Well deserved.
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:15 AM   #202
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
Congrats on the awards and car of the month.. Well deserved.
Thanks man yea it softens the blow of being destroyed in the 10 cars of c5 :/
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #203
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
Thanks man yea it softens the blow of being destroyed in the 10 cars of c5 :/
Yeah,IMO it is more of a popularity contest than which car actually looks the best. If there was a judge panel of people that didnt know any of the contestants I think it would play out a little differently.

Disclaimer: lol - I want to make my self clear, im not putting down any of the cars in that poll as they are all awesome in there own right (no insults intended to any of the finalists as they are all beautiful cars) That is Just my honest opinion. In most situations people will vote for there friends before anyone else.
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #204
cyberLS

 
cyberLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 2,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
Yeah,IMO it is more of a popularity contest than which car actually looks the best. If there was a judge panel of people that didnt know any of the contestants I think it would play out a little differently.

Disclaimer: lol - I want to make my self clear, im not putting down any of the cars in that poll as they are all awesome in there own right (no insults intended to any of the finalists as they are all beautiful cars) That is Just my honest opinion. In most situations people will vote for there friends before anyone else.
neither of the CGM's are getting any votes.
ps i voted for you but dont tell jared.
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[COTW 6/14/10]: 2 Tone Cali Monster! CGM + SIM 69 Camaro 09 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 113 05-23-2011 10:12 AM
[COTW 3/28]: CGM SS/RS: New Wheels, Splitter, Springs, and Emblems cfcoates Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 75 04-23-2011 03:20 PM
new pics from the Oshawa yard gazers-son Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 168 04-29-2009 11:33 AM
3/26 Constraints CamaroScotty Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 25 03-27-2009 11:03 AM
CGM CGM CGM!!!!!! NO JOKE (computer generated) Rob490 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 34 01-03-2009 12:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.