Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #43
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfield23 View Post
I could of swore that Razzi rear end was only available for the v8?
Yeah it is supposed to be for the SS but some places have been selling it to where you can fit it on the v6. Not sure what the difference is between the two, though.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #44
dfield23
 
dfield23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Yeah it is supposed to be for the SS but some places have been selling it to where you can fit it on the v6. Not sure what the difference is between the two, though.
THIS JUST MADE MY DAY
I know what im getting next
__________________
dfield23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #45
tmac1granger33
NM HT5
 
tmac1granger33's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los lunas, New Mexico
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfield23 View Post
THIS JUST MADE MY DAY
I know what im getting next
I have the the V8 rear on mine. There's no difference
__________________
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

WL-BMR Strut Bar/Custom rear vents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #46
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfield23 View Post
THIS JUST MADE MY DAY
I know what im getting next


Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
I have the the V8 rear on mine. There's no difference
Good to know!
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #47
dfield23
 
dfield23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
I have the the V8 rear on mine. There's no difference
Haha did you get your dilemma fixed with extreme dimensions? I felt pretty bad for you
__________________
dfield23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #48
Shifty11
Proud Challenger Owner
 
Shifty11's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '11 Challenger.
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fredericton, Canada, New Brunswick
Posts: 56
For the cake...Maybe they thought your car was hungry? aha Just kidding, That sucks bro, sorry to hear about that and the beer. On the upside. That is one sick ride. Looks pretty freaking awesome
__________________

-Fredericton, New Brunswick "The North Side"

I make Youtube Videos. Challenger's, Camaro's, Video Games, and the occasional randomness. Please go check out my channel!
Please Subscribe, Thumbs Up & Comment!! It'd really help me out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJackedGamer?feature=mhee
Shifty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #49
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftySS View Post
For the cake...Maybe they thought your car was hungry? aha Just kidding, That sucks bro, sorry to hear about that and the beer. On the upside. That is one sick ride. Looks pretty freaking awesome
LOL, maybe it was hungry...and wanted to get a buzz

Thanks a lot for the compliments, man ....much appreciated.

Yeah I was pretty mad when those things went down, but at least I was pretty lucky there was no lasting damage done from any of it.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #50
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1
 
pistolgripcopo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Corona Ca.
Posts: 400
Great job on the mods. IMO. I think the summit white is the best color for the body style. I wonder what a MRT. louver kit would look? I think it would set the rear end off to complet the look. Great job.
pistolgripcopo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #51
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolgripcopo1 View Post
Great job on the mods. IMO. I think the summit white is the best color for the body style. I wonder what a MRT. louver kit would look? I think it would set the rear end off to complet the look. Great job.
Thanks for the props man! Much appreciated. SW is my favorite color for sure and if I had to do it all over again I'd go with SW.

Yeah I've seen some rear window louvers on some of the cars on here and they can look cool but it's not my thing and it's not something I would want on my car.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #52
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
What I spent my afternoon doing. The air bag was the worst! Still haven't gotten the 12v plug out of the center console bezel. Help....anyone??? LOL. I got the traction control button out okay. I may just paint the bezel with the piece in the bezel.
Attached Images
 
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #53
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
I'm so mad right now while painting my interior parts. I have to be the worst spray painter ever....plus I have the worst conditions. All I have is a patio to work in and the wind is crazy and it blows pieces of dust and whatnot into my paint. Plus....the clear ran!!! So now I'm going to try and do a bit of wetsanding (which I've never done before) to try and fix it. Not sure what I'm going to do about the pieces with debris in the paint. Maybe I'll plastidip over it. I don't feel like taking the paint off and doing it all over again. Anyway I'll be posting up pics when I'm done. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. I'm going to try and finish it today though so I can put all my pieces back in tomorrow. I hope I can get it to work out.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
chozn4service
Five-O
 
chozn4service's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SSRS A6 RJT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: +34° 55' 19.15", -117° 53' 22.43"
Posts: 2,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
I'm so mad right now while painting my interior parts. I have to be the worst spray painter ever....plus I have the worst conditions. All I have is a patio to work in and the wind is crazy and it blows pieces of dust and whatnot into my paint. Plus....the clear ran!!! If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. I'm going to try and finish it today though so I can put all my pieces back in tomorrow. I hope I can get it to work out.
Not sure about taking the paint off but it might be best. A little thinner on a rag and swipe it. As far as painting, I've gotten to be pretty good! I suggest always taking your paint can and allowing it to warm up in a pan of water. Watch it closely as you just want to warm it up. Shake can when ready to paint. This warming allows for the can to put out a nice, very thin mist of paint. Also you may want to get yourself a box big enough to paint in and maybe put a white sheet over it and get under it as you paint if you have contaminants flowing like that. Sort of your own paint booth but be careful on breathing the fumes. Just something to set the items down in and you stand over it with the sheet over you and the box.
__________________
"Praise The Lowered"
SLP Catback Exhaust, CAI intake, ARH LT Headers, VMax Ported TB, BTR Stage II Cam, DSE lowering springs w/ZL1-1LE conversion. 450rwhp/423rwtq
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #55
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Not sure about taking the paint off but it might be best. A little thinner on a rag and swipe it. As far as painting, I've gotten to be pretty good! I suggest always taking your paint can and allowing it to warm up in a pan of water. Watch it closely as you just want to warm it up. Shake can when ready to paint. This warming allows for the can to put out a nice, very thin mist of paint. Also you may want to get yourself a box big enough to paint in and maybe put a white sheet over it and get under it as you paint if you have contaminants flowing like that. Sort of your own paint booth but be careful on breathing the fumes. Just something to set the items down in and you stand over it with the sheet over you and the box.
Hey man these are some good ideas, I appreciate it. I may have to try some of these next time because I'm terrible. I finally finished and it's not 100% perfect but it'll do for now. I ended up doing some wetsanding (for the first time in my life I'll add) and it worked better than I thought it would.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #56
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Finished painting all the pieces. Yep, this is my "garage" I get to paint in.
Attached Images
  
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] GTAHVIT Member Car Journals 5216 03-28-2015 11:51 AM
[COTW 10/17/2011]: Summit White SS - Build & Pics Stitch Member Car Journals 52 10-24-2013 10:42 AM
3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware) zlathim 3rd Generation Camaros 7 02-19-2013 11:04 PM
Payment and Shipping info for 1st Edition Camaro5 shirts TAG UR IT Camaro5 Store Merchandise 154 10-18-2008 03:00 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.