Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #26
pluckracin

Drives: 2012 zl1
onstar initial service plan

i checked my dealer reference guide and it says 6 months free onstar service and includes turn by turn navigation, sirius xm radio is free for 12 months. hope this helps!
pluckracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
Kluch

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Fred View Post
I noticed it too, and you are not crazy. I am screen capturing it and will ask for 3 years because that is what they said it came with on their web site. Even if I never used it, what does that have to do with expecting to get what the ZL1 was advertised to include? If you never used all 580 HP would you be OK getting less?
I think some ZL1's may only make 570 HP. I'd ask for a partial refund once you confirm you are one of the unlucky ones. If you are really expecting 3 years of onstar and this was a deciding factor in purchasing the car, then by all means ask away. Otherwise, accept that this is probably an error made by a company recently at the brink of financial disaster, be thankful they are still able to have a performance division to bring you a car like the ZL1, enjoy your car, and hope there aren't bigger problems than "false advertising" to be encountered down the road.
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #28
tfghung

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
is automatic crash response always working even if you don't have an on star subscription? How much is on star after 6 months?
tfghung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #29
Kluch

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfghung View Post
is automatic crash response always working even if you don't have an on star subscription? How much is on star after 6 months?
My understanding is that even if you decide to not continue paying for the service they will still dispatch help in an emergency situation though I have not tested this. I pay $28 per month for the directions/connections plan and emergency response. Others have negoiated a better rate by threatening to cancel, but I think its fair and am willing to pay for both cars. We have 2 small children and it gives us piece of mind if nothing else. When the navigation wasn't cutting it with a bunch of detours in Manhattan the onstar rep stayed on the line and talked me through it. We love them. And it actually IS one of the reasons we prefer GM cars at this time. I also like the monthly system diagnostic emails we get on the cars and service reminders.
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote