Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
third_shift|studios
Custom Car Emblems

Drives: G8 GT aka: the Hot Redhead
What pad were you using with FMP? Hazed paint is a result of micro-marring from aggressive pads. Did you color coordinate pads with their respective polishes? If so, perhaps the FMP didn't break down enough. It's a very 'wet' polish with a long open time, so you should be able to perform a total of 4 motions in one 2x2 foot area (4 motions = an up/down pass, followed by a left/right pass followed by an up/down, followed by a left/right, total of 4 motions)
third_shift|studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Same EXACT problem with my bumper. Still haven't repolished but I am betting it has something to do with the plastic the bumper is made out of because I didn't have this issue on the metal. But I'm dying to see how you solve this so I can copy it.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Alot of Compounds or Polishes are designed to remove imperfections from the paint with out dulling the surface or creating buffing haze. However aggressive polishing pads or soft paints can still result in a haze. After compounding / polishing, use a Finishing Polish with a clean polishing pad to remove compounding haze and restore surface gloss your looking for.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote