Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

ZL1 Wheels/Tires Wheels and tires discussion for ZL1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
Erik@Torq
 
Erik@Torq's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Help us pick wheels for our ZL1 Project

So the time has come to order our new wheels for our incoming 2012 Camaro ZL1 Project car! We will still be keeping the awesome Forgeline GA3R's for the track but we are in need of a sick set of Street Wheels for this beast and where else to go than over to our good freinds at FORGELINE wheels!

We are running a contest on our Facebook Page and want everyone to participate to help us make this tough decision.

Follow this link to Torq Project ZL1 Wheel Contest and "LIKE" the photo to make your choice.
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
tpower
aka NO POWER
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM #241
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,539
Erik I met the guys from forgeline at Mid Ohio and they introduced me to the single nut hub conversion for their rims. You should think of that for your rims

Attachment 355140
__________________
2012 ZL1 #241

Last edited by tpower; 06-03-2012 at 08:46 AM.
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
So the time has come to order our new wheels for our incoming 2012 Camaro ZL1 Project car! We will still be keeping the awesome Forgeline GA3R's for the track but we are in need of a sick set of Street Wheels for this beast and where else to go than over to our good freinds at FORGELINE wheels!

We are running a contest on our Facebook Page and want everyone to participate to help us make this tough decision.

Follow this link to Torq Project ZL1 Wheel Contest and "LIKE" the photo to make your choice.
VOTED...............and I like the conversion above he mentions!
__________________
2014 C7 Stingray 3LT/Z51
2013 Camaro SS
2012 Camaro ZL1 - 850 HP
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Erik, I am not on FB but my vote is for the RB3C wheels. The fewer spokes will be easier to clean and show off the brake calipers better.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Erik@Torq
 
Erik@Torq's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Erik I met the guys from forgeline at Mid Ohio and they introduced me to the single nut hub conversion for their rims. You should think of that for your rims
Yeah I was looking into that! I am thinking about it but I already have a set of Forgelines for the track without the center locking kit and I would have to convert them as well. We'll see, I will talk to them and see what we do.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
VOTED...............and I like the conversion above he mentions!


Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Erik, I am not on FB but my vote is for the RB3C wheels. The fewer spokes will be easier to clean and show off the brake calipers better.
Thanks Jedi! I do agree with you, but they are both awesome looking wheels so it's a hard decision

Can't wait to see your car man, hope it arrives soon!

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Thanks Jedi! I do agree with you, but they are both awesome looking wheels so it's a hard decision

Can't wait to see your car man, hope it arrives soon!

/Erik
It is in the same rail car with afirehawk1 and Tmandoug's Z is on the same train heading southbound. It is supposed to be in Plant City, Fl. next tuesday and hopefully at the dealer by next weekend. How soon before yours arrives?
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,383
Dibs on your take offs!!!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
Erik@Torq
 
Erik@Torq's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
It is in the same rail car with afirehawk1 and Tmandoug's Z is on the same train heading southbound. It is supposed to be in Plant City, Fl. next tuesday and hopefully at the dealer by next weekend. How soon before yours arrives?
Your guess is as good as mine, it went back to 3400 this week but that's all I know

Oh well, good things come to those that wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Dibs on your take offs!!!
I do have someone already who wants them, if anything changes I'll let you know!

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Your guess is as good as mine, it went back to 3400 this week but that's all I know

Oh well, good things come to those that wait
New VIN's were being posted today, so hopefully very soon.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Erik@Torq
 
Erik@Torq's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 1,494
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
New VIN's were being posted today, so hopefully very soon.
Hope I get an update for mine! Where did you see that?

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,055
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
On the "building again" thread this morning. Number 492 got built. He was at 3400 last week.

Just got update from GM connects # 492 has been built. 3/23 moved to 3400 and 4/5 3800
THIS IS GREAT NEWS. LIFES A BEACH and I'm headed there in a BLACK ZL1 soon
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOT WHEELS CAMARO CONCEPT SEMA 2011 Debut tribone 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 116 02-20-2014 03:08 AM
Thinking Ahead: SSX Wheels and other tire and rim alts for ZL1 during cooler months 1BADZL1 ZL1 Wheels/Tires 31 12-27-2011 08:40 AM
GM Camaro SEMA Press Release JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 19 11-23-2011 10:40 AM
Black SSX or Polished ZL1 Wheels? OldJedi ZL1 Wheels/Tires 54 08-23-2011 09:44 PM
Problems with Savini - beware Darth_Emma Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences 115 12-22-2010 09:51 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.