Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #151
rchrdp305
 
rchrdp305's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Naples, Florida, SWFL, FGCU, United States
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Thanks man





Thanks, and I ordered the factory paint in spray cans from :

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/
thanks alot man , appreciate it, btw was is tough to take all those interior parts to spray paint them? even though my 2012 model looks slightly different.
__________________
Instagram = @rchrdp305
rchrdp305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #152
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrdp305 View Post
thanks alot man , appreciate it, btw was is tough to take all those interior parts to spray paint them? even though my 2012 model looks slightly different.
it took maybe 40 min. I found a diy on removing each one on here and used those.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #153
rchrdp305
 
rchrdp305's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Naples, Florida, SWFL, FGCU, United States
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
it took maybe 40 min. I found a diy on removing each one on here and used those.
oh so there's a thread on how to remove each one? sweet. thanks again for the link for the spray can. wish you were here in Florida man, I would pay you to do that sweet front side that you did to your camaro, I dont know what it is called lol.
__________________
Instagram = @rchrdp305
rchrdp305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #154
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrdp305 View Post
oh so there's a thread on how to remove each one? sweet. thanks again for the link for the spray can. wish you were here in Florida man, I would pay you to do that sweet front side that you did to your camaro, I dont know what it is called lol.
lol, the T2 ports, that was a lot of fun to do for sure.

And, Im actually looking at a few jobs in Tampa. So, if any work out I might be moved down there in the next few months.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #155
rchrdp305
 
rchrdp305's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Naples, Florida, SWFL, FGCU, United States
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
lol, the T2 ports, that was a lot of fun to do for sure.

And, Im actually looking at a few jobs in Tampa. So, if any work out I might be moved down there in the next few months.
oh really? sweet man, wish you luck. I will start saving up then just in case you do come down. I actually live all the way down southwest florida, but dont mind driving. props again on your mods, your car is like the Hulk version of the autobots lol.
__________________
Instagram = @rchrdp305
rchrdp305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #156
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrdp305 View Post
oh really? sweet man, wish you luck. I will start saving up then just in case you do come down. I actually live all the way down southwest florida, but dont mind driving. props again on your mods, your car is like the Hulk version of the autobots lol.
hahaha, thanks man. And, sounds good. If I move down id be more than welcome to help you with it.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #157
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
just uploaded my new pics of my 22's
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #158
timmy8784
 
timmy8784's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 122
Love the car man! Those are some awesome pictures and gave me a few ideas for my Camaro. Thanks for posting!
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #159
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy8784 View Post
Love the car man! Those are some awesome pictures and gave me a few ideas for my Camaro. Thanks for posting!
thanks man, feel free to pm with any questions anytime
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #160
RedShifted
 
Drives: 2012 RS/SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 16
The car looks amazing
RedShifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #161
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,185
hey AJ here did you get that camaro model you paint SGM
i have been trying to find a nice size but no luck !
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #162
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post
The car looks amazing
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
hey AJ here did you get that camaro model you paint SGM
i have been trying to find a nice size but no luck !
Here you go man, this is the exact one i used:

http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Control-.../dp/B002V18ZCG


__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #163
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,185
did you primer it when you painted it SG ? How is it as far a controlling? looking to have something to entertain my self at shows lol
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #164
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
did you primer it when you painted it SG ? How is it as far a controlling? looking to have something to entertain my self at shows lol
haha thats what i use mine for too, for car shows. And, its kinda a cheap kind of RC. Its not real fast, the controls are kinda a joke, but its better than nothing. And, I did use a plastic primer before the synergy green.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #165
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
haha thats what i use mine for too, for car shows. And, its kinda a cheap kind of RC. Its not real fast, the controls are kinda a joke, but its better than nothing. And, I did use a plastic primer before the synergy green.

awesome, i plan to have this as a play thing while at those boring shows haha
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #166
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
awesome, i plan to have this as a play thing while at those boring shows haha
Good idea, they can get long for sure.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #167
Hlogan220
 
Drives: Chevy camaro 2012 2lt
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San francisco
Posts: 55
How do you do all this?!

First of all, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING MODS!
I'm very very interested in learning how to handle car parts, car mechanics and pretty much everything about cars but I never had any chance to learn being 19 years old... currently a full time student as well...

I got my camaro 2012 rs last december and all I could do is buy 5 min easy install interior accessories from camarocollection... hah

Do you have any suggestions on how to go about learning how to install mods, play with engines and all?
Hlogan220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #168
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlogan220 View Post
First of all, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING MODS!
I'm very very interested in learning how to handle car parts, car mechanics and pretty much everything about cars but I never had any chance to learn being 19 years old... currently a full time student as well...

I got my camaro 2012 rs last december and all I could do is buy 5 min easy install interior accessories from camarocollection... hah

Do you have any suggestions on how to go about learning how to install mods, play with engines and all?
Hey man first of all thanks a lot for the compliment. And, Actually I never had do any car work at all until I got my camaro. And the way I learned how to do all of it was this site. If theres something I wanted to know how to do, I would find as many threads on here as possible to see pictures and comments. Then I tried it myself. Really as simple as that, theres hundreds of walk-thrus on here, and if you ever have a question that you cant find, just start a thread asking for advice, and people will help you out. There are so many knowledgable people on this site, its a great source to help you.

ps congrats on the 2012 RS man. Im sure your loving it.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #169
Hlogan220
 
Drives: Chevy camaro 2012 2lt
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San francisco
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Hey man first of all thanks a lot for the compliment. And, Actually I never had do any car work at all until I got my camaro. And the way I learned how to do all of it was this site. If theres something I wanted to know how to do, I would find as many threads on here as possible to see pictures and comments. Then I tried it myself. Really as simple as that, theres hundreds of walk-thrus on here, and if you ever have a question that you cant find, just start a thread asking for advice, and people will help you out. There are so many knowledgable people on this site, its a great source to help you.

ps congrats on the 2012 RS man. Im sure your loving it.
Wow everything sounds great now
Just one more question though...
What kind of products did you use for interior painting?
Hlogan220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #170
RULK
 
RULK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 270
DUDE, YOU GOT A GREEN MEAN MUSCLE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!
RULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #171
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlogan220 View Post
Wow everything sounds great now
Just one more question though...
What kind of products did you use for interior painting?
automotive touchup website. I bought like 3 cans of synergy green spray paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1cam580 View Post
DUDE, YOU GOT A GREEN MEAN MUSCLE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!
thanks man
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #172
Tordero
 
Tordero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro with 1LT rims
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 6
Dude you are my freakin' hero!!!! This is amazing work! excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor and change my pants...

9001+ to you.

Did you lower the vehicles suspension by any chance? It looks a wee-bit lowered.
Tordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #173
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordero View Post
Dude you are my freakin' hero!!!! This is amazing work! excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor and change my pants...

9001+ to you.

Did you lower the vehicles suspension by any chance? It looks a wee-bit lowered.
thanks man, and nope havent lowered it yet. I will soon though
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #174
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,854
AustinJames-

Wow. Just took some time and went through your entire build, you have really put in a lot of creativity and time. Kudos on a job well done. If you decide to join the dark side (you know you want to) and get a CAI Inc. CAI let me know, we'd love to have you as a customer. Even if not, you can still "Like" us on Facebook and post some pictures for our weekly contest, I am sure our followers would enjoy checking out your Camaro! Great job on all of the customizations and take care!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #175
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,834
Nice!
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official SYNERGY GREEN Camaro Thread Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 3130 Today 04:12 PM
OFFICIAL COLOR (and interior) Threads of all Camaro production colors Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 137 07-09-2014 07:55 PM
Drag Racing Suspension Kits Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 25 02-21-2010 08:48 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.