Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy
 
bmwdon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 1,312
You might gain the HP to match up, but not sure if you'll be able to match torque #'s going NA, unless you go big displacement. I'd go with a blower on standard boost, and that leaves you room to up boost when you forge the motor and go nutso
__________________

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
NoMercy
 
NoMercy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 192
I went from 461 rwhp/437 rwtq to whats in my sig just installing blower,dual pumps,and injectors. Not worried about a ZL1........yet. Do the
blower, you wont regret it!
__________________
Magnuson TVS 2300, 16% OD rear pullies(stock 3.8 on front jackshaft), Vector Motorsports 2.5 cam, hardened push rods, titanium retainers, patriot gold double springs, Dynatech 1 7/8 Longtube headers, gutted cats, F.A.S.T. 90lb. injectors, Lonnie's double pumper fuel pump, ZR1 Plugs, Airade cai, HP tuned by East Texas Musclecars. 660 rwhp / 611 rwtq
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!
 
Blk-Ice's Avatar
 
Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern VA & NC
Posts: 2,290
Any thoughts on the LPG 650 forged package +the ZR1 clutch?
__________________
Fear the LMR Twisted Reaper Brotherhood!
Blk-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
uniqueskillz
 
uniqueskillz's Avatar
 
Drives: ETMC built 700+hp Twin Turbo LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Killeen, TX
Posts: 673
based off what i seen from the hennessy dyno, it put down 467rwhp / 492 lb torque
uniqueskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #19
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA
 
daveagogo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 6,278
With your RWHP your already matching what a stock ZL1 is putting down. The ZL1 will be no drag king. When they say track car they aren't referring to the strip.

Hennessey (on an unbroken in ZL1) ran a best of MID 12's GM ran what 12.1 from a rolling start..

Lot's of guys right now with LT's HF cats, Cai, scoops , tune and a set of DR's getting way down into that neighborhood.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Fast cars have rubber on the quarter panels...you sissies need to knock it off.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #20
SGOS252382


 
SGOS252382's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 6,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
With your RWHP your already matching what a stock ZL1 is putting down. The ZL1 will be no drag king. When they say track car they aren't referring to the strip.

Hennessey (on an unbroken in ZL1) ran a best of MID 12's GM ran what 12.1 from a rolling start..

Lot's of guys right now with LT's HF cats, Cai, scoops , tune and a set of DR's getting way down into that neighborhood.


Yes, with his setup, his SS should already match a ZL1 down the strip. Most bone stock ZL1's will run low to mid 12s (average drivers). But with some real sticky tires and good driving, the ZL1 should get down in the mid 11s.

But with his mods, he should be down in the 11s. Cammed 5th gens should be running 11s.

My bolt ons setup (12.1 @ 113 - 114 mph) will beat plenty of stock ZL1s at the drag strip.

From a roll, its going to take 117 - 119 mph traps to run with a ZL1. But a cammed + bolt ons 5th gen should be able do that.

But the ZL1 will haul axx with just a few basic mods. It come from the factory with a supercharger and 580hp. Its going to be a beast with a few tweaks.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #21
gearhead08
 
gearhead08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 gt500
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: destin fl
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Yes, with his setup, his SS should already match a ZL1 down the strip. Most bone stock ZL1's will run low to mid 12s (average drivers). But with some real sticky tires and good driving, the ZL1 should get down in the mid 11s.

But with his mods, he should be down in the 11s. Cammed 5th gens should be running 11s.

My bolt ons setup (12.1 @ 113 - 114 mph) will beat plenty of stock ZL1s at the drag strip.

From a roll, its going to take 117 - 119 mph traps to run with a ZL1. But a cammed + bolt ons 5th gen should be able do that.

But the ZL1 will haul axx with just a few basic mods. It come from the factory with a supercharger and 580hp. Its going to be a beast with a few tweaks.

this is true should be a beast with a couple simple mods. At the same time I really figured we would see a sub 12... i dunno but it is only 1 out of 1 runs for a time so far so im taking it with a grain of salt
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #22
CamanLS3
 
CamanLS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kyle, Tx
Posts: 30
Send a message via AIM to CamanLS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead08 View Post
Actually i just got done reading a forced induction thread guy with a maggie with 8 psi supercharger hosed his car at 22k miles... but at the same time people have been able to run them without any problems. I think it might be a gamble if you do decide to do it make sure you have money saved to rebuild the motor with forged internals just in case it does go. Or just upgrade to forged internals first. I dunno, so you will have to keep us updated on what your decision is for sure!
That is probably a tuning issue. 8psi is nothing for a stock engine. Ive supercharged/turbod almost every car I have ever had, most on stock bottom ends, and they hold up remarkably well. LS3s are stout engines from the factory. Theyll hold up as long as you give them enough fuel and keep the intake charge temps down.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS
CamanLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #23
gearhead08
 
gearhead08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 gt500
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: destin fl
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamanLS3 View Post
That is probably a tuning issue. 8psi is nothing for a stock engine. Ive supercharged/turbod almost every car I have ever had, most on stock bottom ends, and they hold up remarkably well. LS3s are stout engines from the factory. Theyll hold up as long as you give them enough fuel and keep the intake charge temps down.
ok cool cool other guy musta got a bad duck... happens every once in a while you rarely hear about the success stories and more often hear the rare disaster but can only assume more people are successful with it then had a failure.
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BREAKING: 2012 CAMARO ZL1 - 6.2L LSA Supercharged - 6MT Revealed! Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 756 05-01-2013 06:22 AM
More Camaro ZL1 info!!! MS3DALE Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 94 06-24-2012 09:44 AM
Spied: Camaro ZL1 Track Package / High Performance Package In Testing?! Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 321 10-21-2011 09:08 PM
ZL1 vs Corvette- Why do people insist this doesnt exist? Impacts on pricing/perf? Arachnyd Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 60 09-19-2011 04:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.