Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #26
Rangore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Cyber Gray
The second time was me simply not being happy with the color. They sent me a new bulb. I call that good customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Current Mods: EGA on left and right windows - Solo CAT Back - Black CAI - Black Carbon Fiber Bow-tie Vinyl - Switchback LED Turn Signal bulbs - HOD Headlight bulbs - Aqua interior LED bulb - Phoenix Gold iAMP-GM1 sub box w/amp, Lorenzo WL27 wheels
No longer owned: 1993 Camaro Z-28
Rangore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #27
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Like I said many times before, AAC sucks!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #28
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
Like I said many times before, AAC sucks!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
+1

I just ordered new footwells (aqua). I specifically stated on the order to make sure they were on solid color (aqua). Because I have ordered them in the past and got one's that were green and aqua and didn't like the color output, I also have one's that are all aqua. Well I get them today and test them out and what did I get, green and aqua. Now I'm gooing to have to pay to return them and get the correct one's, BS.

Edit: Just checked the other strip and that one is all green.

Last edited by Chaotic73; 04-17-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Chaotic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I've seen enough legitimately negative posts and complaints about AAC that I've always thought twice before ordering from them, and ended up going another route.

And charging like $90 for a couple of LED's is, IMO, ludicrous. My dad builds LED displays for fun, and he can get hundreds of the bulbs and the wiring, etc. for under $10. For my p13W's, I went with some off eBay. They've been in for 9000 miles, no complaints or issues, and they cost me $30, while AAC told me they'd burn out immediately and I needed the $90 ones. Not hating, but I just don't see any reason to do business with them.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
AAC sucks!!!!!. Their products never work. I had the same issues
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #31
TooFaSS
TooFass

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 1SS L99
Okay, i got in my scanner monday, i finally had time to install it yesterday. It works and looks great!!! Well i was showing my friend the scanner later today after work and noticed that one section of lights are not working. FML!!! So now once again, im gonna have to pay $20 to ship it back to AAC. I still haven't received my refund for paying for next day shipping, from the last incident.
TooFaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Oh brother! These threads never go well. Folks with vested interest will defend vendors til the death, instead of looking at it from a jilted customer POV. Good luck OP. I hope AAC makes it right. Product, shipping, etc. Had a friend get one of their scanners a few weeks ago. Shit ain't working either.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #33
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
AAC is terrible... I've expressed that many times. I made the mistake of buying a set of mirrored front turn signal bulbs, and their supposed to flash white, instead they flash blue, and are very dim.
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #34
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
Why are you defending AAC? I understand they are sponsors and you are a mod so I understand your obligation, but to me it's a conflict of interest and the op has a legitimate complaint. If he had a bad experience, johnathan has yet to reply in this public thread and from a customer service standpoint this is pretty bad. There was nothing but false promises to the customer, I'm sorry but that's not customer service regardless.

I agree, you went out of your way to help fix there mistake.

I agree except the part about bashing, reviews are reviews good or bad and help all of us make more informed decisions. If it is an accurate review then it's good, if it's false, then it's bashing (to me).
I read a lot of these AAC threads, and it seems Steiger always sides with AAC regardless.

Ive ordered multiple products from AAC without problems.

I worry everytime I place a new order that it will function properly when I receive it.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
Why are you defending AAC? I understand they are sponsors and you are a mod so I understand your obligation, but to me it's a conflict of interest and the op has a legitimate complaint. If he had a bad experience, johnathan has yet to reply in this public thread and from a customer service standpoint this is pretty bad. There was nothing but false promises to the customer, I'm sorry but that's not customer service regardless.
OK. I must have said this a hundred times on here already, but I'll say it again so no worries. I'm not obligated to say anything, nor am I obligated to defend or stick up for a sponsor. Their are a few sponsors on here that I personally choose not to do business with due to past experiences, but I don't bash them. The reason I don't post negative "worst customer service ever" threads is because I know how much damage it does to the sponsor. There are probably 50 or so threads saying how good AAC is, but 99% of people only pay attention to the 10 or so negative threads.

I stick up for AAC because I've had nothing but good experiences with them. If you have seen my build thread I have a lot of their products. And I couldn't be happier with them. Yes I had problems with my scanner bar early on, but I sent it in under warranty and they replaced it. Yes I had to spend $3.50 on shipping. On a side note, I think it's insane that people complain about having to pay shipping to return the item. If you wanted to return an item to Best Buy you'd still have to pay for the gas to drive there.

I'm not surprised that Jonathan or Justin haven't replied. What would come out of them replying? Nothing, they would get torn apart by people who only focus on the negative.

Some people are also just never happy. Example, I sold a member a set of RS headlights at what I thought was a fair price. I told him that they were used and that if he had any problems to contact me. Instead he goes and makes a thread complaining about what turned out to be a non-issue. I've offered him a refund, offered to replace the light, but no matter what solution I try to come with the member isn't happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I read a lot of these AAC threads, and it seems Steiger always sides with AAC regardless.

Ive ordered multiple products from AAC without problems.

I worry everytime I place a new order that it will function properly when I receive it.
please see my above mini-rant.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #36
Dark_Ghoul

Drives: 2012 IBM 2LT/RS, Had '83 Z28 T-Top
I've made 3 orders with ACC and though I had a minor problem with one of them, and amended an order that was about to ship, they took care of the issue and my request. They also credited me the shipping because it was an error on their part when I asked them to.

I understand that issues happen and sometimes they can snowball. It appears this is the case with the OP, and that is most unfortunate. If a person has a bad customer service experience, research shows that they will tell on average 10 people, while a good customer experience is shared with hardly more than 2. Unfortunately, forum postings can snowball as haters and supporters voice their opinions, and we all know about opinions. They are like..., Everyone has one and they stink.

Remotes that don't work, light bars with non-functional LEDs, these are both issues from manufacturing. Looking at how large ACC and OLT is, I'm sure they are not doing the actual manufacturing, but they do need to look into the quality issues being reported.

I hope this gets sorted out for the OP, and if/when this is resolved, there is a post to that effect. Best of luck.

Last edited by Dark_Ghoul; 04-22-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Dark_Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #37
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
NOW REPEAT AFTER ME !

I'm HAPPY your HAPPY - EVERYBODY'S HAPPY ! See how easy that was to follow the company line. Now let's try it once again to make sure.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #38
Dark_Ghoul

Drives: 2012 IBM 2LT/RS, Had '83 Z28 T-Top
I'm HAPPY your HAPPY - EVERYBODY'S HAPPY !

I'm so HAPPY!!!
Dark_Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #39
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
OK. I must have said this a hundred times on here already, but I'll say it again so no worries. I'm not obligated to say anything, nor am I obligated to defend or stick up for a sponsor. Their are a few sponsors on here that I personally choose not to do business with due to past experiences, but I don't bash them. The reason I don't post negative "worst customer service ever" threads is because I know how much damage it does to the sponsor. There are probably 50 or so threads saying how good AAC is, but 99% of people only pay attention to the 10 or so negative threads.

I stick up for AAC because I've had nothing but good experiences with them. If you have seen my build thread I have a lot of their products. And I couldn't be happier with them. Yes I had problems with my scanner bar early on, but I sent it in under warranty and they replaced it. Yes I had to spend $3.50 on shipping. On a side note, I think it's insane that people complain about having to pay shipping to return the item. If you wanted to return an item to Best Buy you'd still have to pay for the gas to drive there.

I'm not surprised that Jonathan or Justin haven't replied. What would come out of them replying? Nothing, they would get torn apart by people who only focus on the negative.

Some people are also just never happy. Example, I sold a member a set of RS headlights at what I thought was a fair price. I told him that they were used and that if he had any problems to contact me. Instead he goes and makes a thread complaining about what turned out to be a non-issue. I've offered him a refund, offered to replace the light, but no matter what solution I try to come with the member isn't happy.

I have ordered a couple of their products and havent had issues. I would have to disagree with your statment on 50 good and 10 bad. Just scanning through and counting the first page of the Feedback section there is more bad than good, and thats only the first page.

Even if they get torn apart by replying on this or any other thread at least it shows they actually care about the stuff they put out and their customers. Thats all part of the buisness, if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #40
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I guess I should rephrase then, my mistake. A better way to put it is that you see more negative reviews because when people have a positive experience with a vendor they don't think twice about writing a review. Where as someone who isn't happy wants to express their unhappiness and vent/rant.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #41
c_LoW29

Quote:
I guess I should rephrase then, my mistake. A better way to put it is that you see more negative reviews because when people have a positive experience with a vendor they don't think twice about writing a review. Where as someone who isn't happy wants to express their unhappiness and vent/rant.
I do agree that it is in the human nature to notice the bad things and not remember the good times as much. I guess the main reason people feel the need to write when something goes wrong is because for the prices that AAC charges for their products there should be no problems and if there is they should fix it in a timely manner. I mean I have bought most of my lighting elsewhere at a fraction of the price and have never had the issues everyone is having with the AAC products. For example I got a pair of 68 smd p13w bulbs on ebay for $30.00 shipped, I have had them on the car for about 6 months with not one issue what so ever.

DMVC5
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #42
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
I cant even get a pm or email response inquiring about purchasing something.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #43
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:

Quote:
Understood, that does make sense, however if we do not voice concern albeit could be done a tad more tactfully the issues will continue. If no one speaks up then the problem shall persist. I do write good reviews, I give feedback to vendors even though I won't get it in return etc..maybe I'm the exception, but if I pay for something and have an issue many others have and it doesn't get fixed because I never said anything personally I feel just as at fault as the distributor/seller/maker should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
I cant even get a pm or email response inquiring about purchasing something.

And this is an issue I have personally had with multiple failed attempts to include a phone call.

I have color shift halos, dome and footwell lighting etc...so this complaint for me isn't about there product but there service.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #44
c_LoW29

AAC didnt even come in here to try and defend themselves thats sad. Goes to show.

DMVC5
Old 04-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #45
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
AAC didnt even come in here to try and defend themselves thats sad. Goes to show.
Yes, I did decide not to post on this thread for the same reason that Stieger wrote earlier but I HAVE been in contact with aSStronautStatus and to my knowledge everything has been rectified but there has not been another post from him on this thread stating this.

Questions? Call Us! 1(800)407-5776
Become an Advanced Automotive Concepts fan on Facebook! [CLICK HERE]
Check out our YouTube Channel for our latest Camaro Videos! [CLICK HERE]
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #46
c_LoW29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
Yes, I did decide not to post on this thread for the same reason that Stiger wrote earlier but I HAVE been in contact with aSStronautStatus and to my knowledge everything has been rectified but there has not been another post from him on this thread stating this.
Well thats good then as long as the customers are taken care of, but you are the buisness man so no need for me to try and tell you how to run a buisness. The only time i purchased something from AAC went smoothly so I have nothing bad to say about AAC.

DMVC5
Old 04-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #47
TooFaSS
TooFass

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 1SS L99
yes, i actually spoke with Johnathan and he went ahead and sent me a replacement scanner. i should have it tomorrow... thanks again for the swift service

Like i said, i do believe in the AAC product, they are very innovative but this is just to help raise awareness about quality control & customer service. I think people should leave feedback for all transactions, wether it be good or bad, so then AAC can strive to make sure all customers are completely satisfied without a doubt!
TooFaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #48
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
I have a carload of their products. And yes, even a warranty issue. But when i communicated that with Jonathan he replied immediately and e issue was fixed without problem. I have even had same day shipping.

The reason you see more negative reviews is because the most current posts float to the top and everyone likes to stir the pot.

Glad to see they are making it right. This is a growing company and there will be both happy and unhappy clients. I just happen to be one of the happy ones :-)
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #49
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSStronautStatus View Post
I ordered the Dynamic RGB scanner from AAC Oracle March 25th and did some research and decided i wanted the RGB scanner instead. I called and spoke with Melissa and she said she would change the order and refund me $20 for the difference. I asked her to just expedite my shipping with the difference of the money and she could keep the change. She okay and that i would have it friday because i needed it for an event on saturday.

I check the shipping and the scanner would not arrive to me until monday instead. I called Melissa again and she said for the inconvenience she will refund me the shipping cost, i said fine... i'll bite the bullet for the show.

I received it monday and installed it that night but found out that the remote was not responding properly. It would change colors but not other functions would work. I called the next day and they gave me troubleshooting options: Take scanner out and try, replace battery ($6 Duracell), make sure its directly in line with scanner, etc. Nothing worked, so they would send me a remote and i'll send the old one back.

I received the new remote that friday, and tried it instantly and it didnt respond AT ALL! So saturday, i sent back the scanner and both remotes via FedEX for $20, out of my pocket.

They received the scanner on wednesday and the guy named Jeff (or something like that) said the replacement would be shipped out the same day. I told him i have another event this weekend and that i would pay extra to have it shipped 2 day air to have it friday. He said he'd hand deliver it to the shipping department so that it definitely would get to me by friday. So once again, i paid out of my pocket...

So i check the tracking label that was sent to me last night that said the item would be here friday. I checked this afternoon but the item was never even shipped out until 5:30pm TODAY! So because it has already shipped and it will not get here tomorrow, i cant pay for next day and i once again was inconvenienced and i will not have my merchandise by the deadline. I think i may just say FCK it and return everything.

AAC Oracle is a good product but when it comes to customer service and doing things they say they will do, they SUCK! This was my first experience with AAC and it may be my last. Im very easy going and not the type to complain, but DAMN! i can only take so much!!
Not commenting on the quality, havent bought anything from them so cant.

Reading this and several other posts in here, I dont see that you stated that you had informed Jeff of your previous delivery issues, or asked anyone that you thought you should be compensated for things, specificly the delivery charges. Posibly asking for a manager the second time around?

I just wanted to point this out for everyone, most companies if you clearly state your unhappiness and specifically what you are unhappy about and are specific what you believe can be done to compensate you for your frustration and time, all in a calm voice, they will usually work with you. (unless its Best Buy those evil uncaring arse's :P)

The problem is people dont communicate fully, often expecting the company to automaticly do what they personally feel they should, or the next person to pick up your call to know everything that you went through the last service. They talk to hundreds of people a day, and often have brief notes if any other than sale info handy immediatly, so you cant expect them to be fully briefed on you specifically.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote