Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 04-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
11 v6 vs Turbo Scion TC

Some guy around here in a older TC has been talking crap and out of ALL the little ricers and fast and furious guys around here he chose my Camaro to talk about. Seen he ran a 15 at the track last weekend...but he doesn't want to run them until after he orders his 5k turbo kit. I'm not scared since I'm not stock either and getting trifecta next sale they have, just wanted opinions. He said he'd be running 9.5 psi, I've seen videos of them on YouTube but the times are spread out. Even if it is faster....it's still a college girl Scion TC
Old 04-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
noisemker

Drives: RY 2LT/RS
If hes actually running 15's now he may smoke you onces the turbos on

Airaid Intake And Solo CatBack Solo Highflow Cats
noisemker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
never know until you run him....do it

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Patrick864 RS

Yeah I've watched many videos of them today and wasn't really impressed by the times for a turbo car...why wouldn't you just save your money and put that 5k towards a faster car stock? Oh well his money his car. If he needs a turbo to beat me so be it. I won't be upset.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Stealthpanda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Wouldnt be the first time someones silly I4 TC'd car beat a car that weighs drastically more. Don't misconstrue this as V6 hate, but our ladies need a diet! I know LLT people with suspension work and full bolt-ons NA are running high to mid 13's... but I digress. Havent specifically checked the weight on the, but id have to say its at least 3-500 lbs less before gas and driver :(

Lets just assume he doesnt know how to drive, and you launch hard on him. Cheers.

And to answer your sig, Yes, it does.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
Even if it is faster....it's still a college girl Scion TC
Bazinga.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
Patrick864 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
Wouldnt be the first time someones silly I4 TC'd car beat a car that weighs drastically more. Don't misconstrue this as V6 hate, but our ladies need a diet! I know LLT people with suspension work and full bolt-ons NA are running high to mid 13's... but I digress. Havent specifically checked the weight on the, but id have to say its at least 3-500 lbs less before gas and driver :(

Lets just assume he doesnt know how to drive, and you launch hard on him. Cheers.

And to answer your sig, Yes, it does.

EDIT:

Bazinga.
Yeah who knows what might happen when we race, I'll just tell him to buy me a turbo then we will talk since he has to be boosted to beat a heavyweight v6 that I love so much. Glad my signature was a yes for you, and nice looking CGM
Old 04-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
no you will still beat him i went to the track and lined up next to a blue turbo scion tc and killed him. FWD is a b***h haha

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Patrick864 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
no you will still beat him i went to the track and lined up next to a blue turbo scion tc and killed him. FWD is a b***h haha
I'm really mixed on it, I see some doing freaking 12s on YouTube and some doing like low 14s. I'm thinking after I get the tune I'll be good to go. Hopefully I can shut him and his girl car up and have the same results as you did oh and again, another very nice CGM!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
Stealthpanda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Looking more into it.... they weigh under 3,000 lbs.... fuuuuuuuuuuu....... but they are low on hp/torque for the older models. Even the TRD supercharged version only had 200 hp. But they are lighter, actually..... alot lighter. 800+ lbs is alot. 15.6 1/4 stock and there supercharged version ran 14.2... none of these numbers are too impressive honestly. Your mods should throw you into 13.7-13.9 territory, probably better if you hook up. Also depending on your DA as well.

Do it. Ive got faith

EDIT: CGM love.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
LandonB

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Race from a dig, he will have no traction in first. I think you've got him.
LandonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
I'm really mixed on it, I see some doing freaking 12s on YouTube and some doing like low 14s. I'm thinking after I get the tune I'll be good to go. Hopefully I can shut him and his girl car up and have the same results as you did oh and again, another very nice CGM!
why thank you kind sir and yes CGM always FTW

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
DarkneSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Id bet he will have serious traction issues and youll will take the win.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Those cars don't like extra power too much. If I remember right, they have camry suspension pieces and they don't keep traction too well. Like was said before, he will have traction issues on the strip. Obviously you are smarter than to try to race him on the street so we won't even mention that...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
Patrick864 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
Looking more into it.... they weigh under 3,000 lbs.... fuuuuuuuuuuu....... but they are low on hp/torque for the older models. Even the TRD supercharged version only had 200 hp. But they are lighter, actually..... alot lighter. 800+ lbs is alot. 15.6 1/4 stock and there supercharged version ran 14.2... none of these numbers are too impressive honestly. Your mods should throw you into 13.7-13.9 territory, probably better if you hook up. Also depending on your DA as well.

Do it. Ive got faith

EDIT: CGM love.
Yeah Im hoping to do good, he thinks hes a bad ass now and wants to get a "boosted" club to start up around here and everything, hopefully I can shut him up. That and another guy that has a POS srt4 that has been fixed like 20 times and has a ton of money into it. He said since he got it back his best was a 14.1 cause of tire spin. My brothers srt4...thats a dif story cause he actually knows how to drive it. CGM love

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonB View Post
Race from a dig, he will have no traction in first. I think you've got him.
Thats what I was going to do...hopefully I will get him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
why thank you kind sir and yes CGM always FTW
FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Id bet he will have serious traction issues and youll will take the win.
I will let yall all know as soon as we run them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Those cars don't like extra power too much. If I remember right, they have camry suspension pieces and they don't keep traction too well. Like was said before, he will have traction issues on the strip. Obviously you are smarter than to try to race him on the street so we won't even mention that...
Yeah that was what I was thinking with the whole traction problem. Hopefully I can get a good traction and smoke that little turbo TC...and noooo never on the street
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #15
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
There is a whole lot more to making a F(ail)W(heel)D(rive) car go fast than just upping the boost. They have issues stock (torque steer, spin, hop), so he's got to fix all that, too. Hope he's got more than 5K.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
Patrick864 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
There is a whole lot more to making a F(ail)W(heel)D(rive) car go fast than just upping the boost. They have issues stock (torque steer, spin, hop), so he's got to fix all that, too. Hope he's got more than 5K.
Yeah I never really have been a fan of FWD cars...no good burnouts and you dont get the TQ feel behind you as you do like RWD. But I guess if he has the money to turbo a Scion...he has the money to fix it Kinda like some guy I know traded a pretty nice RSX type S for a pos old 240 with a skyline engine...9k straight up for it which was a joke just cause it had a beast turbo, it messed up like 2 weeks after and now hes looking to trade it back for another RSX lol One day when I can afford F/I I def will look into it, but like all these other ricers I dont really need a turbo to be happy
Old 04-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #17
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
I bet his old lady would love a ride in your Camaro
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
Patrick864 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmorpheus View Post
I bet his old lady would love a ride in your Camaro
Well we are all kinda young...in college. But my lady wouldnt approve of his lady wanting to ride in the Camaro :slice: She can stay put in her boyfriends TC that looks like it should be hers in the first place
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #19
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Be careful because those scions can be fast when done right. My friend has one and we've gone 4 different times at the track. When he had an intake and exhaust and I was stock, I beat him. Then he sprayed the nitrous and beat me by about .3. Then he threw a turbo in it and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. Those cars are seriously fast since they weigh so little. He was running like 6 pounds of boost at the time. Now, he runs like 20 since he has had his engine built and it can take it pretty well. Plus, common you have to admit... Our cars weigh a ton!!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2004 WRX
Quote:
Some guy around here in a older TC has been talking crap and out of ALL the little ricers and fast and furious guys around here he chose my Camaro to talk about. Seen he ran a 15 at the track last weekend...but he doesn't want to run them until after he orders his 5k turbo kit. I'm not scared since I'm not stock either and getting trifecta next sale they have, just wanted opinions. He said he'd be running 9.5 psi, I've seen videos of them on YouTube but the times are spread out. Even if it is faster....it's still a college girl Scion TC
9.5psi? He doesn't know what he's talking about.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
UtG

Drives: '11 2SS/RS,'71 Cutlass S Vert,G6 GT
I have a good friend with a Turbo'd tC....i believe it has a 50ish mm turbo dont remember the exact size. A good amount of supporting mods to put him just under 300fwhp. Quick little car to say the least. I have an SS camaro but to put his car in perspective it runs the quarter in 13.8 @ 109ish...i obviously beat him from a dig but from a roll i saw his taillights when i was stock. Now that im modified i leave him behind either way. But i doubt your v6 can hang with a stock SS from.a roll so if you try to roll him you might be looking at taillights depending on his turbo build. So race him at the strip and you will always have the time slip as proof anytime he wants to talk smack.
UtG is offline   Reply With Quote