Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #51
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #52
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
There has been a second sun scare many times before, and yes, two suns have appeared. Scientists have said that it's just a reflection of the Earth's atmosphere and the sun, making it seem like twin suns.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens. But just in case, I'm gonna make December 20th and 21st, 2012, the best days of my life so far. Then when I wake up on December 23rd, I'll be able to look back and how much everyone stressed about it.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #53
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I guess we'll just have to see what happens. But just in case, I'm gonna make December 20th and 21st, 2012, the best days of my life so far. Then when I wake up on December 23rd, I'll be able to look back and how much everyone stressed about it.
The 21st isn't suppose to be "The End", it's suppose to be "The Beginning" of the end. Something somewhere is suppose to happen that starts the chain of events that will cause the extinction of man kind. Personally I don't think we will witness anything this catastrophic in our life time.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #54
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
We're all going to die, but it's actually at the stoke of midnight when December 31, 2012 ends... I got a calender from Wal-Mart, and it ends right there! NOTHING follows!

Plus, without pretty sure we're not going to ring in any further New Years without Dick Clark around as our guide...
so you're saying that we didn't have any new years before dick clark?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #55
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Quote:
There has been a second sun scare many times before, and yes, two suns have appeared. Scientists have said that it's just a reflection of the Earth's atmosphere and the sun, making it seem like twin suns.

so what are your plans?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #56
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
so what are your plans?
To all the "Doomsday Preppers". Can I give you a few grand for your cars the day of "The End"? You won't need them right?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #57
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
To all the "Doomsday Preppers". Can I give you a few grand for your cars the day of "The End"? You won't need them right?
Money would be worthless that day and afterwards. The most valuable commodity will be guns, ammo, can food, and survival gear.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #58
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
so what are your plans?
Hmm.. Can I drive your Camaro around?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #59
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The 21st isn't suppose to be "The End", it's suppose to be "The Beginning" of the end. Something somewhere is suppose to happen that starts the chain of events that will cause the extinction of man kind. Personally I don't think we will witness anything this catastrophic in our life time.
Funny thing those 'chains of events' ... people like to say things started on such and such a date because of 'event 0', which lead to events A, B, and eventually C. But really, when you think about it ... this is just completely arbitrary.

For example, WWI started because a man was assasinated, and a couple countries declared war on each other, and their allies then declared war, and so on until the allies won & Germany became very bitter. Fair enough ... but the assasin didn't do it just for kicks, he was a member of a terrorist group known as the Black Hand. Well, wouldn't joining up with them count as an event that has to be added to the chain? And then, what caused those folks to have such a negative view of Austria-Hungary and/or their Archdukes and/or people named Franz Ferdinand? Those reasons too would have to be added to the chain too. What about all the things that caused all those alliances to form? You can just keep going farther and farther back and the chain simply gets longer and longer.

So the idea that any particular event (such as whatever may happen on December 21st) could initiate a chain of events ignores the fact that anything that happens is dependant on what is currently happening, and what has happened already. Doesn't matter if its an asteroid impact, or the comming of the 3rd anti-Christ or anything in between. Whatever happens on 12/21 is going to be linked to things that have already happened.

Sorry for the rant ... I just get this way when I see 'chain of events' get used to describe anything, and I was getting bored talking about the 2nd sun theory.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #60
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Quote:
Hmm.. Can I drive your Camaro around?
sure, but you have to come get it. lol