Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #101
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!
 
fiascoes1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: norwalk ca
Posts: 2,011
You have the exact same car that I do except mine is 284.
__________________
4B00- 2/16/12 vin 284 my build thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224028
fiascoes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #102
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascoes1 View Post
You have the exact same car that I do except mine is 284.
Yup... and believe me I've been using your pictures a lot up until mine got here...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #103
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yes sir... Pete is the man.. All great info but I hope to make runs on DRs and not street tires... Launching an M6 is not something I'm accustomed to... yet..... and I'll take all the advice I can get, especially from the pros...

Thanks... and yes we will still have the same matching plates... 2010ABM has first dibs on them if I ever give them up...
Bring your jack and run some back to backs within the DRs and the OEM GYs. I'll betcha 25 cents the DRs and GYs are within a 10th.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #104
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,350
Good Lordy Lou - how did I miss that MLee got #23???!!!!

Mike - CONGRATS on your new ZL1 -- and THANK YOU -- once again for your loyalty to us!

I still have the pic of you and me standing next to the yellow Camaro at the Austin Autoshow ---

On behalf of everyone at Team camaro - thank you and let the "ultra-grin" commence!
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #105
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,773
MIIIIIIIKE!!!!!! Congrats Man! Sorry it took me so long to find this thread.




And for the moment Randy has been dreading....

I'd like to announce to the world... Mlee now drives a manual...

Oh happy day





Great car Mike. Can't wait to see you guys at the fest
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #106
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,880
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post


And for the moment Randy has been dreading....

I'd like to announce to the world... Mlee now drives a manual...

Oh happy day


He ONLY has the manual by chance.

But........... ya ............

The circle of trust is in mourning.











__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #107
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Good Lordy Lou - how did I miss that MLee got #23???!!!!

Mike - CONGRATS on your new ZL1 -- and THANK YOU -- once again for your loyalty to us!

I still have the pic of you and me standing next to the yellow Camaro at the Austin Autoshow ---

On behalf of everyone at Team camaro - thank you and let the "ultra-grin" commence!
Thanks Scott... glad you found it... was a surprise to me also...

Hang onto that pic it's going to be a classic one day. Ha Ha...

My perma grin has definitely turned "Ultra" now.. this car is amazing..
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #108
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
MIIIIIIIKE!!!!!! Congrats Man! Sorry it took me so long to find this thread.




And for the moment Randy has been dreading....

I'd like to announce to the world... Mlee now drives a manual...

Oh happy day





Great car Mike. Can't wait to see you guys at the fest
Ha Ha... that is TOO FUNNY...... I'm on your side now with all the ****y guys...

I'll need some lessons before I can become a Jedi Master though... this no lift shift and 6 freakin gears has me all screwed up. Not to mention skip shift... none of which I have experienced yet due to proper break in... What happened to the 4 speed stuff... much easier not to miss a gear.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post


He ONLY has the manual by chance.

But........... ya ............

The circle of trust is in mourning.








True I was a both ways kinda guy, but now I'm there those Auto guys are just sissies who are skeerd to row the gears...

And this cannot be confused with the CIRCLE or TRUST... once you're in that's it.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #109
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,880
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
And this cannot be confused with the CIRCLE or TRUST... once you're in that's it.
We'll have to have a board of directors meeting.

This is the first manual that has been introduced into the circle.

Of course, being a founding member you will get your earned vote.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #110
rolnslo
Rolling along...
 
rolnslo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
...
I'll need some lessons before I can become a Jedi Master though... this no lift shift and 6 freakin gears has me all screwed up. Not to mention skip shift... none of which I have experienced yet due to proper break in... What happened to the 4 speed stuff... much easier not to miss a gear.



You've still got a 4 speed, just learn to use them the way GM intended...1 > 4 > 5 > 6.

1 - Watch me kick your a$$ off the line...
4 - Top gear for the standing 1/2 mile run...
5 - Top gear for the standing mile run...
6 - Cruising on the freeway because I bought this car to care about MPGs...

__________________

#1: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red M6 - July 2009-Oct 2011 (SOLD). #2: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green A6 - Oct 2011.....
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #111
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post


You've still got a 4 speed, just learn to use them the way GM intended...1 > 4 > 5 > 6.

1 - Watch me kick your a$$ off the line...
4 - Top gear for the standing 1/2 mile run...
5 - Top gear for the standing mile run...
6 - Cruising on the freeway because I bought this car to care about MPGs...

Ha Ha great run down... except I keep going from 3 to 6 then back down to 4... up to 1....
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #112
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)
 
fcu678's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houma, Louisiana
Posts: 759
Hey Mike,
Were you cruising in #23 around noon today I coulda swore I saw you at the corner of 75 & 2854.
__________________
2014 C7

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #113
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcu678 View Post
Hey Mike,
Were you cruising in #23 around noon today I coulda swore I saw you at the corner of 75 & 2854.
Yes Sir... that was me alright... If you're still in town shoot me a PM and stop by the house.. I'll be here most of the day getting the car ready for the Kemah show on Saturday...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:57 AM   #114
Superman09
Account SNAFU
 
Superman09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Tahoe 79 Scout II
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 543
Let's see I leave the forum for awhile and you get a pacecar I leave the forum awhile again and you go and get a ZL1:eek: Apparently you don't like it when I'm around:what: Congrats on the car buddy that's one hella sexy ride

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
__________________
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #115
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)
 
fcu678's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houma, Louisiana
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Yes Sir... that was me alright... If you're still in town shoot me a PM and stop by the house.. I'll be here most of the day getting the car ready for the Kemah show on Saturday...
I'm working in the area and will be here for a while.... I'll shoot you a PM
__________________
2014 C7

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #116
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,755
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yes he could... I rode in his ZL1 today and O M G is that thing fast... I'm tired of my slow car already..
really.... what has he done to it all already? whats his plan for it?

did he keep his SIM?
is he going to derag race the ZL1 like he did the other?
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #117
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Let's see I leave the forum for awhile and you get a pacecar I leave the forum awhile again and you go and get a ZL1:eek: Apparently you don't like it when I'm around:what: Congrats on the car buddy that's one hella sexy ride
Ha Ha.. Hey John... long time no see... and yes there have definitley been changes.. Hated to give up the Pace Car but this one is a suitable replacement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
really.... what has he done to it all already? whats his plan for it?

did he keep his SIM?
is he going to derag race the ZL1 like he did the other?
Let's see... upper/lower pullys, cam, springs, headers, ADM intake, porting and a few other goodies. I took a ride and O M G was that thing fast... and pulled that turn down by his shop at 60... he said it handles better than his ZO6. It will be on the track in two weeks after we get through with all these car shows. Then it goes back under the knife for a 4L80 and get it to the 9's

And yes the SIM car is still running 9's. He put a ZL1 dash and Nav in it too. This LS7 is a solid car all the way around... has Pedders SuperCar Coilovers on it now.

Always fun stuff around here...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #118
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,755
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
cannot wait to see both of his now...

ZL1 dash huh.... sounds interesting
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #119
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
1st Mod

Window tint... kept it Texas legal... but a much needed mod for this color car...

Name:  _Journal31.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  81.7 KB

Name:  _Journal1.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  116.4 KB

Name:  _Journal2.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:  _Journal3.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  99.8 KB
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #120
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
Here are some photos after the tint job outside the entrance to my subdivision..


Name:  _Journal43.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  152.6 KB

Name:  _Journal41.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  115.1 KB

Name:  _Journal42.JPG
Views: 346
Size:  132.7 KB

Name:  _Journal44.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  146.0 KB

Name:  _Journal45.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  145.4 KB

Name:  _Journal40.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  145.4 KB
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #121
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Here are some photos after the tint job outside the entrance to my subdivision..


Attachment 368562

Attachment 368560

Attachment 368561

Attachment 368564

Attachment 368568

Attachment 368569


__________________
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #122
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,773
OH yeah.. looks so much better with the tint.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #123
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
See there Mike there actually is life after Pace Car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
OH yeah.. looks so much better with the tint.

Tint was top of the list for this color combo... now I have a couple more goodies to install and it goes to the paint shop tomorrow for cosmetics.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #124
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,773
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #125
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5
 
SilverSlayer-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metalic Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Muscat-Oman
Posts: 1,239
nice build !
__________________
SilverSlayer-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.