Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #251
motorhead

Drives: yummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
I never argue over it. I just like tweeking the noses of some of the Arrogant V8 owners. To each his own, and if someone wants to spend ALL their money on and 8---or a 12---that is their business. In any event, they don't make them like they used to. And it is a good thing. FYI: I was at the Chrysler proving ground a while back, and talked to some of the guys there. They said they had been trying to get the Corp to take a '68 Charger, get all the exact measurements, give it modern bumpers and running gear, and produce it. Corp. said no, nobody would ever buy it. I would have been first in line, and the engineers right behind me. Maybe with Fiat now involved, real car guys, it might have a small chance.
Quote:
I compared the 6 with the old muscle cars, and that the 6 is quite capable of a whole lot of fun. Unfortunately, a lot of V8 snobs truly believe they are at the top of the pyramid. They are not. There is always something better. Their arrogance is unfounded, and I will bet that a lot of them will be on the repo lot when they don't make the payments they could never afford. their egos could not be contained.
Darn! I thought we were becoming friends and you go an insult us V-8 guys again. I'm truly starting to believe that deep down inside you really want a V8 and you feel by putting down v8 owners you will somehow get over your urges.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #252
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
Quote:
I compared the 6 with the old muscle cars, and that the 6 is quite capable of a whole lot of fun. Unfortunately, a lot of V8 snobs truly believe they are at the top of the pyramid. They are not. There is always something better. Their arrogance is unfounded, and I will bet that a lot of them will be on the repo lot when they don't make the payments they could never afford. their egos could not be contained.
..not hating on all V8 owners, just the ones talking down the V6 cars. If you upgraded, G4U... just don't try and convince others that your decision is the almighty one...and why a certain person repeatedly needs to defend herself/her decision, I'll never know why..unless you plan on being a V8 5th salesperson.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #253
heRS

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
If I hit the winning ticket I'll trade Trigger in so fast heads would swim. I am tossing 25 bucks at the IBM ZL1 up for Raffle. However - I am not "dying to have an SS" or looking for a deal, or even shopping. I am very happy with my V6, I'm not retarded or afraid of the power, I've owned and/or had the opportunity to drive big block cars aplenty in my 56 years on this planet. My dealer made getting my Camaro very affordable for my modest income, and I love what I got. If I found a killer deal on a SS and got the offer I couldn't refuse on my V6, I'd bite; but in the meantime, I'm good.
OP I hope you find the deal of a lifetime and get into your SS

Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #254
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Holy crap, how many times do we have to go through posts like this?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #255
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
If I hit the winning ticket I'll trade Trigger in so fast heads would swim. I am tossing 25 bucks at the IBM ZL1 up for Raffle. However - I am not "dying to have an SS" or looking for a deal, or even shopping. I am very happy with my V6, I'm not retarded or afraid of the power, I've owned and/or had the opportunity to drive big block cars aplenty in my 56 years on this planet. My dealer made getting my Camaro very affordable for my modest income, and I love what I got. If I found a killer deal on a SS and got the offer I couldn't refuse on my V6, I'd bite; but in the meantime, I'm good.
OP I hope you find the deal of a lifetime and get into your SS
Thats what i did
Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #256
heRS

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
Thats what i did

Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #257
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
..not hating on all V8 owners, just the ones talking down the V6 cars. If you upgraded, G4U... just don't try and convince others that your decision is the almighty one...and why a certain person repeatedly needs to defend herself/her decision, I'll never know why..unless you plan on being a V8 5th salesperson.
Im done defending myself to false accussations..oh well haters gonna hate and maybe I will become a salesperson so I can afford my hugely priced SS

So 11 pages in this is what I see. People making false ASSumptions about folks that have traded up. We dont make endless posts titled "hey trade up if you want a real car" we respond to posts like "thinking of trading up..advice" so when those of us that did in fact trade up respond with posts like "love my SS so glad I traded up" fellow v6ers get their panties in a wad. How is what we say any different then someone thinking of buying a Camaro and asking for advice? We dont know their situation. Its up to the poster to make a wise decision, we are just simply stating the fact that we did trade up and we love our SS. So can we move on
Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #258
motorhead

Drives: yummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
I'm just want to know why makes people change the V6 to V8 (i know about the power) after put sow much time and money moding it! Making it your work of art to then just give it away??? And most important i like to know the ones who already did it, How you make a deal to get the V8 on a good price? What happend with the V6 loan? It got pay off in the trade? I want to know the secret! I like to have a SS power if doesn't hurt my pocket!
Back to the question. I can't answer the first one because I didn't upgrade ,but I have traded new cars for new cars ,and I can tell you, no matter what anyone on here is saying you "ALWAYS" lose money doing it. There is no getting around it.

The question is can you afford to lose the money to get what you want and how much are you losing. I would love one person to prove to me that they didn't lose so much as a penny trading a two year old or less car in on a new one. I would have to see all the numbers to believe. I trade cars all the time because I love cars and have an addiction. I know every time that I'm going to lose money ,but my addiction out weighs sensible thought. It all comes down to how much you're willing to lose. For those of you that think you didn't lose any money on your trades, I think you need your head examined even more than I do. I just glad that what I do for a living allows me to feed my addiction or I would be in trouble.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #259
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Im done defending myself to false accussations..oh well haters gonna hate and maybe I will become a salesperson so I can afford my hugely priced SS

So 11 pages in this is what I see. People making false ASSumptions about folks that have traded up. We dont make endless posts titled "hey trade up if you want a real car" we respond to posts like "thinking of trading up..advice" so when those of us that did in fact trade up respond with posts like "love my SS so glad I traded up" fellow v6ers get their panties in a wad. How is what we say any different then someone thinking of buying a Camaro and asking for advice? We dont know their situation. Its up to the poster to make a wise decision, we are just simply stating the fact that we did trade up and we love our SS. So can we move on
I'm all for people trading up and am happy for the people who have, in fact somewhat envious. I love my V6 and people love their V8's, both are great cars!

What drives me nuts is the constant freaking comparison, it's crazy already. It's like V6'ers need to justify their purchase and V8 people need to justify their choice to upgrade. And to this I ask why? Enjoy what you have and move on!

BTW - This is no knock on you in anyway, I just happened to quote your post.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #260
vroomapunk
Cammed!!!!!!

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
If you check my build thread I had a pretty mean 4th gen, put tons of work into it over the years, replaced just about every single part on it, literally only the rear end and a couple of sensors were original lol.

But in the end, I needed money for the downpayment on my new car, I thought about keeping the old one but what would I do with it? It would just be hoarding if I kept it, and Im having so much fun adding stuff to my new car.

Once you mod a car for a while, you run out of cheap/easy mods to do, so they all get involved and time consuming. Starting with a new car makes it fun again
Old 05-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #261

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Is it possible to keep personal arguments out of this thread? Isn't that what the private messages are for?

I'd hate to see the thread closed, not just out of respect for the OP, but somebody else might have something worthwhile to discuss.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #262
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Is it possible to keep personal arguments out of this thread? Isn't that what the private messages are for?

I'd hate to see the thread closed, not just out of respect for the OP, but somebody else might have something worthwhile to discuss.
ITA

Quote:
your post to me made me bc
1. Ive nvr bashed anyone for owning a v6. I did adore my v6 but I had a great oppurtunity to upgrade so I did.
2. Yep, I sure did think the mailslot was tacky and I wasnt crazy about it even when I bought it. Its grown on me.
3. Honey, Im not keeping up with anyone. Lucky for me I have a good friend who is a dealer and gave me a deal on my SS
4. I do not mention my "upgrade" in any post where its uncalled for. Im sorry that it offends you so much when I talk about how happy I am that I upgraded when its a "I just upgraded" thread. Sounds to me like you are the insecure one, not me.
5. The fact that I dont post all that often on here yet you seem to know a lot about my posts shows me you're a follower
6. I was very happy with my LT and even happier with my SS.
7. Enjoy your v6 sweetie and dont worry about my SS

Oh and no offense.

Oh, darlin', thank you. I really needed that laugh.

Stay classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
I'm either jealous that you got to drive both the v6 and v8 or I don't like that you traded up because I wanted to be the only one with an ss....
Attached Images

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread

Last edited by BowtieBelle; 05-08-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #263
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Im starting to realize I have some haters on here..thats okay, my haters make me famous Can you pls point out where I said anyone can trade up wo taking a hit?? Ive never said I didnt and my usual advice to someone thinking of trading up needs to talk to their local dealer about numbers. I love all these ASSumptions being thrown around about me. You know what they say about ASSuming Ill sum it up for you, ok? Heres some ASSumptions:

1.Yes I took a hit but not even close to 10k like Ive seen folks throw around here.

2. Yes I did in fact love my v6 but bought it for practical reasons due to traveling from Florida to Indiana every few months.

3. I traded up bc a good friend is a local dealer in Indiana once I moved here and we crunched numbers and it was a good deal. I didnt Have to Have a SS and I wouldnt have pulled the trigger if it wasnt worth it

4. I didnt like the mailslot and didnt even when I bought it but its grown on me.

5. Ive nvr bashed anyone for driving a v6

6. Lol, Im not trying to convince everyone to get a SS but if they are thinking about it I will offer adice and TELL THEM TO TALK TO THEIR DEALER ABOUT #S

Im secure with my SS decision as is probably every other SS owner on this site. Its worth it to us and we offer support to others in a similiar boat as we once were. That seems to offend so many v6 owners. Its quite funny actually. Be secure with your decisions and dont worry about mine..k?

I'm very much secure with my decision to buy a new 2ss right from the start, thanks. and I love the little red midget stripe of the 45th anniversary so I'm very much happy with the color I chose.

look, youre obviously not understanding or just refuse to but just for kicks let's go over it one more time, k? I realize that you have a girls username and pic and that gets you a lot of free passes here from the dudes but I'm not in that group. I see crap, I call it. I'm not going to look up quotes. but if people here care they can go back and see how you implied trading up didn't cost you. "nope. same term". and "some people here took a hit" or whatever. what about "i got a good deal from my dealer friend... payment only went up..." yea. you got a deal, alright... or how about the thread you started when you just decided to trade? what's was it "my loan is going to be completely wiped and ill just start over..." or something like that? "bluebelle" over there already posted the one with you bashing the ss guys. how the only reason guys would want one is to compensate for "other shortcomings".. listen, we both know the truth. you defended your v6 to the death then came back a couple weeks later and started a thread about how some guy with a v6 mustang pulled up to you at the carwash and you revved your v8 so he could hear what a real car sounded like or something like that. its obvious you settled for the v6 and upgraded to the 8 as soon as you could. as obvious as the fact that just can't admit you're one of the ones that got hosed but feel its worth it. that's my problem with you. not that you upgraded. but the fact that you seem to have little or no integrity, self respect, or dignity. I'm just not going to bother with you any longer. everyone here can come on and post anything they like. you're no exception. just know that not everyone here is new enough to the site to not have been around for your "i could've afforded a v8 if I wanted but don't want it" and "i don't care for the rs package that's why I don't get it" posts... we both know the truth. so yea. I'm just a hater. I'm either jealous that you got to drive both the v6 and v8 or I don't like that you traded up because I wanted to be the only one with an ss....
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #264
Fiveg56

Drives: 2014 Mustang 67B
The V8 and V6 Camaros are not made to compete against each other. They are very different cars. They are made to compete against other cars in their respective classes. The V6 is not a muscle car…it’s a sport coupe…and a damn good one. The V8 is a muscle car…a true performance car…there should be no reason to compare the two. With the exception of the body lines, they have little in common.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #265
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
Quote:
glad I traded up" fellow v6ers get their panties in a wad.:
sorry, this was the only thing that stood out..but in a good way
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #266
Fiveg56

Drives: 2014 Mustang 67B
Quote:

I'm very much secure with my decision to buy a new 2ss right from the start, thanks. and I love the little red midget stripe of the 45th anniversary so I'm very much happy with the color I chose.

look, youre obviously not understanding or just refuse to but just for kicks let's go over it one more time, k? I realize that you have a girls username and pic and that gets you a lot of free passes here from the dudes but I'm not in that group. I see crap, I call it. I'm not going to look up quotes. but if people here care they can go back and see how you implied trading up didn't cost you. "nope. same term". and "some people here took a hit" or whatever. what about "i got a good deal from my dealer friend... payment only went up..." yea. you got a deal, alright... or how about the thread you started when you just decided to trade? what's was it "my loan is going to be completely wiped and ill just start over..." or something like that? "bluebelle" over there already posted the one with you bashing the ss guys. how the only reason guys would want one is to compensate for "other shortcomings".. listen, we both know the truth. you defended your v6 to the death then came back a couple weeks later and started a thread about how some guy with a v6 mustang pulled up to you at the carwash and you revved your v8 so he could hear what a real car sounded like or something like that. its obvious you settled for the v6 and upgraded to the 8 as soon as you could. as obvious as the fact that just can't admit you're one of the ones that got hosed but feel its worth it. that's my problem with you. not that you upgraded. but the fact that you seem to have little or no integrity, self respect, or dignity. I'm just not going to bother with you any longer. everyone here can come on and post anything they like. you're no exception. just know that not everyone here is new enough to the site to not have been around for your "i could've afforded a v8 if I wanted but don't want it" and "i don't care for the rs package that's why I don't get it" posts... we both know the truth. so yea. I'm just a hater. I'm either jealous that you got to drive both the v6 and v8 or I don't like that you traded up because I wanted to be the only one with an ss....
Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #267
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
I'm just want to know why makes people change the V6 to V8 (i know about the power) after put sow much time and money moding it! Making it your work of art to then just give it away??? And most important i like to know the ones who already did it, How you make a deal to get the V8 on a good price? What happend with the V6 loan? It got pay off in the trade? I want to know the secret! I like to have a SS power if doesn't hurt my pocket!
I traded my '11 RS for a '12 SS LS3. I don't like the Silver of my SS as much as the Imperial Blue from my RS, but the stick, power and V8 grumble trump that loss anyway.

I got a great deal on my RS and paid it off in a year. Turned my eye towards the V8 after I got to thinking that if I was ever going to own a raging muscle car of this kind of value in my life, then now would be the time. I'm 34, not married yet, wrapping up a masters degree, homeowner, with a career and decent steady income. Basically, my next car will probably have something to do with kids, so now was the time.

Sooooo.... I traded in the RS and bought the SS from the same dealer I bought my RS from a year earlier. Walked out of there with a 5-year payment of 180 a month for the SS, and my insurance premium only went up 20 bucks every six months.

I've been shifting my way to driving happiness for the last 3 months now in my raging V8 SS. I plan on doing a full synthetic fluid changeover in a month or so, I'll run Borla cat backs, Vararam and maybe a tune. I'll be happy with the roundabout 500 hp the car will give me at that point, and if I'm lucky I'll own it for years.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #268
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
this is a thread asking for advice on the cost of trading in a less expensive car for a more expensive car. numbers come into play. no one is "hatin" on you. the problem is when guys try to convince others who may or may not be able to afford a trade that it can be done without taking a hit. and you, in particular, have a history or hypocrisy and changing stories. idunno, its almost as if youre trying to convince more people to make the same choice you did because the more company you have the easier it is to justify your choice. but what might work for some might not work for others. if you want to help the OP just be honest and state facts. easy as pie.

Thanks for bringing this Thread back into focus (the post above was directed at another member).

My intention was only to point out the "quantifying" aspects of trading up to a new 2SS, rather than the "quality aspects" of the 2SS, proper. I believe I've accomplished that task quite well by comparing the cost of one trim level of Camaro to the highest level Camaro, being the 2SS(excluding the ZL1) (basically comparing apples to apples - NOT apples to oranges).

Regardless of what brand of vehicle one trades in for a new 2SS, if one has either only made payments for 1 or 2 years AND / OR DOES NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT EQUITY, one has spent more money than needed in order to eventually own a 2SS. I'm not saying it was money unnecessarily spent, as sometimes that is what it may take in life to realize and understand the consequences of ones' initial decisions. That's called a "learning experience" which, one would hope, contributes to "life experience".

Being "upside down" (carrying a negative balance on the vehicle = owing more on it than it is currently assessed for and / or what a dealer or private buyer will pay for the vehicle) or "breaking even" on a new(er) vehicle in order to trade up to a significantly more expensive vehicle, are, in general, not "sound" financial practices.

I'm confident most peopel here understand that making payments for 1 to 2 years on a new vehicle with either nothing down or a minimum of a down payment and then trading up to a 2SS, is money unnecessarily spent, when in-depth research, in-depth thought and patience along with a few more months of savings for a larger down payment, might've made the 2SS - at least financially speaking, an easier choice to make.

This is not to infer that everyone or even most people who purchased an LS or LT purchased it because they could not or would not (at that time) afford a 2SS. However, with more research, more test drives, more of a down payment and more patience, a lot of folks could've saved a lot of money.

In the examples I've used in my previous posts in this thread, in purchasing a new 2SS, one owner made $7k in payments over 18 months on a 2LT and then put down $12,5k as a cash down payment on a new 2SS only to bring his monthly payments on a new 2SS down to a comfortable dollar amount. He will finance $25k and make payments on a new 2SS for 60 months at approx. $460 = $27k for a grand total expenditure of $48,1k.

Had the buyer purchased a new 2SS right from the start, he might have been able to take his $7k in payments on the 2LT + $11k (from his original $5k down payment on the 2LT plus the additional $6,5k he added when he purchased his new 2SS) and been able to put down $18,5k on a brand new 2SS selling for $37,5k.

Here are the numbers:

$37,5k = the cost of a new 2SS
-$18,5k in cash, down payment
========================
$18,5k to be financed at a rate of 3.99% over 60 months
= $18k x 3.99% x 60 months
= $349 per month x 60 months
= $21k (in round numbers)
= $18,5k down payment + $21k financed
= $39,5k TOTAL PAID & FINANCED ON $37,5k New 2SS

VERSUS: what the buyer has / is / will pay on his current 2SS:
= ~ $48.1k

$48,1k
-$39,5k
----------
$8,6k

The buyer would have SAVED approximately $8,6k had he purchased his 2SS right from the start. Obviously the original $8k in payments on the 2LT will never be recovered. HOWEVER, bear in mind that the NEW total financed ($39,5K) INCLUDES $2k in interest charges over the life of the 60 month loan if the vehicle will be paid off at the 60 month due date.

Is it really fair to take the approximately $8k in previous payments on his 2LT into consideration in figuring the “cost” of his new 2SS? YES!

The buyer purchased the same model vehicle as his previous vehicle with upgraded features (regardless of what they were (quantifying) with a MINIMUM of equity ($1k) received on the trade of his 2LT.
Just the numbers and to simplify the whole equation and NOT AT ALL a “value” statement of whether it is or is not “worth it” to trade.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Old 05-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #269
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
Quote:

Gosh this is getting old. If you dont wanna go back and read ALL my old posts thats fine but lets be accurate, k? I couldve afforded a SS the first time but didnt for practical reasons already mentioned. My old loan was to be completelyvwiped out but it didnt work.out that way and I have posted that b4 & in this thread that I took a hit. Nope I didnt want a RS package even on my SS but I was late getting a new '11 and a RS package was all they had and my SS was still 4 hrs away. Now if you would like any other information, can you direct it privately? Stop pretending to know me and what I post. Obvisoulsy you have missed some of my posts. Things change sweetie.....
Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #270
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
OK, Here's the deal...All V6ers get together, and all V8ers get together, bring clubs, chainsaws, hammers, whatever you think will inflict the most pain on the OTHER guy, and we'll all meet at an agreed location and beat the HELL outta each other!! Last man (or woman) standing WINS! What do y'all think????
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #271
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
OK... this is going nowhere...

No disrespect to anyone but lets put a stop to this before any infractions are required.

Closed Thread