Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #126
rolnslo
Rolling along...
 
rolnslo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,320
Tint looks good!

Looking forward to seeing what else you do to the ZL1....

[If you are planning on replacing the exhaust or wheels at some point, let me know, I might be interested...]
__________________

#1: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red M6 - July 2009-Oct 2011 (SOLD). #2: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green A6 - Oct 2011.....
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #127
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Mild to Wild - (Now Removed for Corsa)

Installed a little exhaust goodie today... Ordered a remote controller and fuse tap from Amazon... total 25 bucks. Came w/ two remotes but I also programed the on/off into 2 of the Homelink buttons.

At first I didn't think it was working, but that was because I was at idle and the flap is always open anyway so it doesn't change anything. Where you really notice it is during moderate accelleration or higher RPMs on the road. Not really a huge difference like cutouts, but still a little extra sound to what already sounds good...

Edit: No need for this anymore with Corsa Catback.

Name:  MtoW.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  MtoW1.JPG
Views: 512
Size:  87.6 KB
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #128
rolnslo
Rolling along...
 
rolnslo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,320


Well, there goes my idea of snagging the dual mode exhaust off your car.
__________________

#1: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red M6 - July 2009-Oct 2011 (SOLD). #2: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green A6 - Oct 2011.....
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #129
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Tint looks good!

Looking forward to seeing what else you do to the ZL1....

If you are planning on replacing the exhaust or wheels at some point, let me know, I might be interested...]
I'm doing my best to keep the exhaust in tact.

I'm definitely keeping the wheels especially since I didn't get the exposed CFI. You would have been about 5th in line for those anyway...
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #130
rolnslo
Rolling along...
 
rolnslo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm doing my best to keep the exhaust in tact.

I'm definitely keeping the wheels especially since I didn't get the exposed CFI. You would have been about 5th in line for those anyway...


No problem. I'm sure I'll be able to track down a dual mode exhaust soon enough with the 2013 LS3's getting them as well. Your car just sounded really good as you passed by on the way out after the Kemah show. As for the wheels...keep em, you never know when you're going to upgrade to a new Camaro again. I kid...
__________________

#1: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red M6 - July 2009-Oct 2011 (SOLD). #2: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green A6 - Oct 2011.....
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #131
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post


No problem. I'm sure I'll be able to track down a dual mode exhaust soon enough with the 2013 LS3's getting them as well. Your car just sounded really good as you passed by on the way out after the Kemah show. As for the wheels...keep em, you never know when you're going to upgrade to a new Camaro again. I kid...
GM should offer it as an axle back system and get rid of the trash cans out back...
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #132
rolnslo
Rolling along...
 
rolnslo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
GM should offer it as an axle back system and get rid of the trash cans out back...


I'd be good with that option.
__________________

#1: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red M6 - July 2009-Oct 2011 (SOLD). #2: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green A6 - Oct 2011.....
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #133
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
See there Mike there actually is life after Pace Car...

Tint was top of the list for this color combo... now I have a couple more goodies to install and it goes to the paint shop tomorrow for cosmetics.
I never lost faith...just wondered how you were gonna make it happen! Looks like you're off to a good start...not that you didn't have a good base to begin with! Lookin' great, Mike...also, noticed in the Kemah pics that the LSA engine cover is white. That must've been a little mod as well, no?
__________________
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #134
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
I never lost faith...just wondered how you were gonna make it happen! Looks like you're off to a good start...not that you didn't have a good base to begin with! Lookin' great, Mike...also, noticed in the Kemah pics that the LSA engine cover is white. That must've been a little mod as well, no?
Good Catch.. I actually picked it up "wet" on Friday... still have some buffing and another coat of clear going on this week but it came out real good. Most people at the show just thought they came from the factory that way...

Soooooo.... I better post some pics... Also you'll notice a little piece of #8675 CGM fuse cover from C5F I.

Name:  Cover1.JPG
Views: 4271
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  Cover2.JPG
Views: 4265
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  Cover3.JPG
Views: 4262
Size:  119.6 KB
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #135
KidKilowatt
 
KidKilowatt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Race City, NC
Posts: 472
Great looking car, congrats !!!
__________________
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #136
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Good Catch.. I actually picked it up "wet" on Friday... still have some buffing and another coat of clear going on this week but it came out real good. Most people at the show just thought they came from the factory that way...

Soooooo.... I better post some pics... Also you'll notice a little piece of #8675 CGM fuse cover from C5F I.

Attachment 368703

Attachment 368704

Attachment 368705
Sweeeeeet. I noticed the signatures and knew it was from one of the other cars...couldn't tell if it was just the black plate or of it was on the CGM fuse box. Passing on the tradition from one Camaro to the next, love it!!
__________________
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #137
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 28,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Good Catch.. I actually picked it up "wet" on Friday... still have some buffing and another coat of clear going on this week but it came out real good. Most people at the show just thought they came from the factory that way...

Soooooo.... I better post some pics... Also you'll notice a little piece of #8675 CGM fuse cover from C5F I.

Attachment 368703

Attachment 368704

Attachment 368705



WHITE.....!?!?!?!







why didn't I think of that.....



....AWESOME!.

__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #138
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,471
So Mike, how fast is a ZL1, say compared to Owen's ZL1?

__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #139
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post



WHITE.....!?!?!?!







why didn't I think of that.....



....AWESOME!.
White Not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
So Mike, how fast is a ZL1, say compared to Owen's ZL1?

HMMMMMMM you should know...

You looked a little flushed when you got out of the car... :emoticon7:

Just wait til the 4L80 goes in...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #140
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Interesting that the front and rear black wheels/tires on weigh the same..

Who's that guy with the big feet on the left...?

Name:  Wheel Weight1.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  Wheel Weight.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  73.7 KB
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #141
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,924
Subscribed!
Congrats, Mike! Let the modding begin!!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #142
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,911
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Interesting that the front and rear black wheels/tires on weigh the same..

Who's that guy with the big feet on the left...?
Holy Crap.

My Savinis were only 67 lbs.

WTF?

Is this good?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #143
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Subscribed!
Congrats, Mike! Let the modding begin!!
Thanks bud... hopefully there won't be too much modding this time around... GM did most of it for me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Holy Crap.

My Savinis were only 67 lbs.

WTF?

Is this good?
Hard to tell... It's lighter than the SS and the SS had smaller sizes...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #144
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,911
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Hard to tell... It's lighter than the SS and the SS had smaller sizes...
Damn. So the Savinis weren't so heavy then.

Just square and fragile with no traction. LOL

I need to weigh my Forgelines.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #145
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Damn. So the Savinis weren't so heavy then.

Just square and fragile with no traction. LOL

I need to weigh my Forgelines.
It was all those wheel weights on the Savini's... My D2's were around 63lbs


18" Z06 replicas w/ MT were 58lbs
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #146
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,911
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
It was all those wheel weights on the Savini's... My D2's were around 63lbs


18" Z06 replicas w/ MT were 58lbs
I always referred to them as boat anchors. I guess I just assumed they were really heavy. haha
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #147
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I always referred to them as boat anchors. I guess I just assumed they were really heavy. haha
Ya... they were still boat anchors.... just good looking ones as long as the paint stayed on.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #148
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Thanks bud... hopefully there won't be too much modding this time around... GM did most of it for me...
Keep repeating that while you stare at this.



Is it working?

LPE Cam
Headers
ARD Pullies and Tunes for Street, Strip and Road Course
Pedders
M/T Drag Radials
Skinnies




LPE Cam
Headers
ARD Pullies and Tunes for Street, Strip and Road Course
Pedders
M/T Drag Radials
Skinnies




LPE Cam
Headers
ARD Pullies and Tunes for Street, Strip and Road Course
Pedders
M/T Drag Radials
Skinnies




LPE Cam
Headers
ARD Pullies and Tunes for Street, Strip and Road Course
Pedders
M/T Drag Radials
Skinnies
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #149
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,498
Yeeeeeeessssssssssss

thhhhhaaaaaatttttssssssssssssss

theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssttttttttttt



__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #150
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,911
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Damn. I have a sudden strange feeling I need some mods.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.