Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
dillypo
 
Drives: Camaro 1lt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 24
CAI Installed! Question...

First off install was easy peasy. Looks and sounds great! There are a million other threads about that with pictures and videos.

I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere and I don't really want to drive it around much until I know for sure... did the filter come pre-oiled or do I need to take it back off and do that myself?
dillypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
usnatclee
 
usnatclee's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Join Date: May 2012
Location: wherever the Navy sends me
Posts: 723
It depends, is it a dry filter or a filter that should be oiled?
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
usnatclee
 
usnatclee's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Join Date: May 2012
Location: wherever the Navy sends me
Posts: 723
Generally they come pre-oiled though.
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,162
It comes oiled. Give it hell.
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Gr8ride
 
Gr8ride's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 182
whoa....oops..oil????

first time I hear about this....I installed my CAI about two months ago. how long are they able to run before "maintainance"?
What type of maintainance am I supposed to do?? I saw the manual mentioned something about washing it with their special solutions and if I remember correctly it was 14k miles?
__________________
Gr8ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
dillypo
 
Drives: Camaro 1lt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 24
Sorry should have been more specific. By CAI I meant "Cold Air Inductions" cold air intake. Confusing acronyms lol.

Thanks for the replies.

As far as Gr8ride's question I am also unsure of when the first cleaning/recharge should take place. If anyone has info/how-to that'd be appreciated. Admittedly I haven't looked yet, it might be somewhere on this very site. It's cinco de mayo however and I'm due back outside to finish grilling and drinking.

Thanks again for the replies.
dillypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillypo View Post
Sorry should have been more specific. By CAI I meant "Cold Air Inductions" cold air intake. Confusing acronyms lol.

Thanks for the replies.

As far as Gr8ride's question I am also unsure of when the first cleaning/recharge should take place. If anyone has info/how-to that'd be appreciated. Admittedly I haven't looked yet, it might be somewhere on this very site. It's cinco de mayo however and I'm due back outside to finish grilling and drinking.

Thanks again for the replies.
First off, thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! We are really glad that you are happy with the unit, and know it will give you permagrin for a long time to come! As for the filter, it comes from us pre-oiled and ready to go. The frequency of having to clean and re-oil the filter (recharging) depends a lot on driving conditons, but generally I hear it most common from 20k-30k miles. However, it could need it a lot sooner, all depending on driving and road conditions. A visual inspection the the clear view window of the lid and removing any large debris will tell you what you need to know.

When it is time to recharge the filter you must use a Cold Air Inductions Inc. Recharge kit, which will include instructions, and can be found at the followingl link:
http://www.coldairinductions.com/filter-recharge-kit

Thanks again for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc., and be sure to "Like" us on Facebook!
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Gr8ride
 
Gr8ride's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 182
Awesome thanks for the help.....
__________________
Gr8ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician
 
SPARTAN sui's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 2LT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 885
Seems pretty straightforward, can't wait to pickup a cold air inductions unit in a few months.
SPARTAN sui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ride View Post
Awesome thanks for the help.....
No problem, thanks for choosing CAI Inc.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Seems pretty straightforward, can't wait to pickup a cold air inductions unit in a few months.
Thats what we like to hear!!
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
ActNup NY

 
ActNup NY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
First off, thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! We are really glad that you are happy with the unit, and know it will give you permagrin for a long time to come! As for the filter, it comes from us pre-oiled and ready to go. The frequency of having to clean and re-oil the filter (recharging) depends a lot on driving conditons, but generally I hear it most common from 20k-30k miles. However, it could need it a lot sooner, all depending on driving and road conditions. A visual inspection the the clear view window of the lid and removing any large debris will tell you what you need to know.

When it is time to recharge the filter you must use a Cold Air Inductions Inc. Recharge kit, which will include instructions, and can be found at the followingl link:
http://www.coldairinductions.com/filter-recharge-kit

Thanks again for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc., and be sure to "Like" us on Facebook!
Looking forward to purchasing my CAI from you soon Bill. I've read and heard only nothing, but great news about your product there.
__________________
I'M SO FAR AHEAD OF MY TIME, I'M ABOUT TO PASS YOU TWICE..
ActNup NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPNBY View Post
Looking forward to purchasing my CAI from you soon Bill. I've read and heard only nothing, but great news about your product there.
Thanks!! Make sure to "Like" us on Facebook since you are joining the CAI Inc. club soon!
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.