Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #71
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Currently waiting on Borla Camaro systems to arrive. Have multiple pallets coming in from Borla in the next week or two with a lot of systems on them, a number of which are already claimed by customers waiting. Be sure to order sooner rather than later to ensure you're in line for one of these when they come in the door. Will be in stock in 1 to 2 weeks time.

Thanks,
Matt
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #72
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
Currently waiting on Borla Camaro systems to arrive. Have multiple pallets coming in from Borla in the next week or two with a lot of systems on them, a number of which are already claimed by customers waiting. Be sure to order sooner rather than later to ensure you're in line for one of these when they come in the door. Will be in stock in 1 to 2 weeks time.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt,

Did this shipment arrive yet? Ready to pull the trigger on one of the packages that includes ATAK cat back! Can't wait
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #73
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Matt,

Did this shipment arrive yet? Ready to pull the trigger on one of the packages that includes ATAK cat back! Can't wait
Yes, shipment came in, but a lot of it has already gone out the door. Give us a call at (770)919-1433 for shipping schedule idea, and price quote.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #74
woodstock

Drives: 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
I have the Stingers on mine,love the noise.
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #75
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
I have the Stingers on mine,love the noise.
Dual-tip stingers on a C5 Corvette. That is as classic and respected a combination as anything we've ever sold here. Great choice for that vehicle. The Borla Sport/Stinger mufflers was the undeniable, number 1 go-to Corvette exhaust system for more than a full decade.
The 'Vette looks gorgeous. Thanks for the photo!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #76
woodstock

Drives: 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #77
nessa131
Nessa131

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM
ok- I am getting the borla s type axle back system, I just want a sound change. I have the ss auto tranny - but i like the look of my stock tips- so will it hurt performance or sound to use my stock tips instead of borlas tips? thanks!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #78
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa131 View Post
ok- I am getting the borla s type axle back system, I just want a sound change. I have the ss auto tranny - but i like the look of my stock tips- so will it hurt performance or sound to use my stock tips instead of borlas tips? thanks!
PM Sent

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #79
southerncarparts

The Borla Exhaust have been HUGE sellers...Since they are so popular and I get the same questions, I wanted to share some thoughts before you make a decision on which one to go with...

There are several flavors for the Camaro now.....
In the ATAK Series you have the
Camaro ATAK CatBack Exhaust System

Camaro Axleback ATAK Exhaust
Camaro ATAK Catback Exhaust for Camaros with Ground Effects Package
Camaro ATAK Axleback Exhaust for Camaros with Ground Effects Package

Then you have the Borla Camaro Catback Touring System (which does not sound much different than stock. For the person who wants the increased performance with no additional change in exhaust note)

and then in the Borla Sport lineup (which is my favorite)...
Camaro Borla Sport Catback
Camaro Borla Sport Axleback Exhaust

and the only 3" Borla system (OEM system and the other above systems are 2.5")
Borla 3" Camaro Sport Catback Exhaust If you get the 3" system, you will also want to get a new Camaro Billet Tunnel Brace as the 3" system will most likely touch your OEM tunnel Plate and rattle, which will drive you nuts!!!

Some thoughts before purchasing any of them.....

All of the Axle back systems require cutting the OEM system (which i am not a fan of, just in case you ever want to go back to stock). There is also one more "dirty"secret about the Axelbacks which needs to be known....When you install the Axleback it leaves in place the OEM Pre Muffler that is up towards the middle of the car. Not a big deal, but it DOES change the exhaust note slightly as compared to the Catback systems and does not make the L99 system a true dual exhaust as the Catback does.

Both Axle Back and Catback systems are great systems and make a huge improvement in sound, but if you can afford to spring for the extra cash, do it right and get the Catback.

From a sound perspective, you have the touring which sound not much different than stock. Then the Sport (my favorite) which bumps it up a notch from the sound perspective, but not too much. At the ATAK which is the most aggressive sounding of them all.

All of Borla's systems are awesome, but thought prospective shoppers would want to know the down and dirty on each one...

See ya,

Jim
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #80
r1coder
Evo MR to Camaro SS

Drives: 2012 45th SS LS3
Hey Jim,
Does the 3" cat back S-Type system require 3" cats? Or does it connect up to the stock cats? Is some type of 2 1/2 to 3" adapter needed or provided? Thanks.
r1coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #81
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1coder View Post
Hey Jim,
Does the 3" cat back S-Type system require 3" cats? Or does it connect up to the stock cats? Is some type of 2 1/2 to 3" adapter needed or provided? Thanks.
3" Piping, or a stepped 2 1/2" - 3" piping piece, are needed to install a 3" exhaust system. The stepped pipe can be fabricated by much any talented local muffler shop to fit the system up perfectly. However, 3" systems are typically reserved for use with an aftermarket header, which already utilizes 3" piping.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #82
r1coder
Evo MR to Camaro SS

Drives: 2012 45th SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
3" Piping, or a stepped 2 1/2" - 3" piping piece, are needed to install a 3" exhaust system. The stepped pipe can be fabricated by much any talented local muffler shop to fit the system up perfectly. However, 3" systems are typically reserved for use with an aftermarket header, which already utilizes 3" piping.

Thanks,
Matt
That's what I thought. Which is why I was considering them as opposed to the 2 1/2" S-Type because I might eventually get long tube headers and a tune. Thanks Matt!
r1coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #83
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1coder View Post
That's what I thought. Which is why I was considering them as opposed to the 2 1/2" S-Type because I might eventually get long tube headers and a tune. Thanks Matt!
Happy to help! If you need any help with the order, or have any other questions about exhaust systems or headers, please feel free to call us at (770)919-1433 and we'll be happy to help you!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #84
Meagles2021

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS1 (white)
If your going to get headers too the borla exhaust is very loud. My friends camaro has both and it's way to loud. The attk by itself sounds amazing but add headers and your in for a surprise lol.
Meagles2021 is offline   Reply With Quote