Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums -
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
Drives: silver
paint issue

Hi my name is chris leal & am shop mgr @ atlas paint & body in san antonio and would be glad to help you out. if you wanted to bring the car by i would be happy to look out you hood & give you options. if needed i could have my paint supplier do a color scan to match the color if needed. we use the top of the line paint spies hecker waterbase paint.
l99camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #16

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 GT/CS, '10 Flex
I like the idea of painting on stripes - you could get a heck of a deal if you only have to pay for the trunk. That would be my first pick if I had the chance.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
Drives: 2012 RS LT2 (Switchblade Silver)
Thank you... everyone! I appreciate the feedback and helpful insights and offers.
Alamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
Drives: ...
Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
This is what I was going to suggest. If the blemish is located in a spot that could be covered up by a stripe, then consider adding stripes. Stripes would add value to the vehicle.

As far as the dealer telling you he couldn't swap hoods with another Camaro because of "serial numbers", I'd have to call him on that bluff.As far as I know hoods and other body panels don't have serial numbers. I think that was BS he told you because he just didn't want to bother with swapping hoods.

actually, most body panels do have a VIN tag/sticker on them these days.
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote

2012, exhaust, paint