Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #57
Jyrine
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cloud City
Posts: 13
Few questions:
1.) Where did you get the GFX package(website)?
2.) Where did you get your brake vents made functional?
3.) How does the
Exhaust Diverter System work?
4.) Was that spoiler a GM aftermarket part? (I think you stated that but not sure)

Also, congrats on getting COTW!

Looks killer.
__________________
Camaro leży w sercu, nie w ich rękach.
Jyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #58
Edwin320
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 418
Car looks great! Nice job. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the rear diffuser, and the geographic location of the car. I figure if I park next to you, my car could absorb some of your sswag through osmosis. :-)
__________________
Ed 2012 2SS RS M6 'Vert
Edwin320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #59
May_Roe_SS
 
May_Roe_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Black LS3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manor,Tx
Posts: 60
Ultra Nice
Lovem them Wheels man good set up!
__________________
Will
Vararam CAI Borla ATAK cat back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX throttle body (white), Cam, valve train upgrade (springs, retainers, rods), Kooks 1 7/8" long tube, custom tune, and full Royal Purple fluids
May_Roe_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #60
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012
 
SSWAG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrine View Post
Few questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrine View Post
1.) Where did you get the GFX package(website)?
2.) Where did you get your brake vents made functional?
3.) How does the Exhaust Diverter System work?
4.) Was that spoiler a GM aftermarket part? (I think you stated that but not sure)

Also, congrats on getting COTW!

Looks killer.
Thanks for your post! Sure, I'll try to answer your questions.

1. The body kit is from Razzi and it's sold by many vendors. I bought mine from Jason at PhastekPerformance.com.
• Razzi Camaro V8 Ground Effects Kit (P/N 130-100)

2. As mentioned in my thread, the rotors came from Brakeperformance.com and they work great (see part #'s below):
• Cross-Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors (Brakeperformance.com P/N CB-62124 F & CB-62119 R)

3. Regarding the exhaust diverter system, I will need to refer you to Steve Koenig, the owner of NoWeeds.net at (605) 830-1146 or stevekoenig@noweeds.net. He can explain how his system works. It is more difficult to install his system in a convertible like mine, due the extra frame braces, but it is possible (more labor involved). If you visit his website, you can watch some videos about it on Youtube.

4. Yes, the rear spoiler is made by GM. However, when the body shop deinstalled the previous spoiler, they also removed the old AM antenna and tried to reinstall it inside my trunk lid. Unfortunately, the AM Radio doesn't work anymore as a result. The problem is that this antenna wasn't designed to work through metal (only plastic or fiberglass). I just wished he reinstalled the antenna inside the new spoiler, then I would not have had a problem with the radio. So now I am working on a solution to correct this issue. C5 MEMBERS: I AM OPEN TO IDEAS (please)!
• GM Dovetail Rear Spoiler (GM P/N 92234283) *

~Jeff
SSWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #61
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,553
such a bad ass ride man. So tastefully done. I love it
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #62
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012
 
SSWAG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by May_Roe_SS View Post
Ultra Nice
Lovem them Wheels man good set up!
Thanks, glad you like them!
SSWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #63
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012
 
SSWAG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin320 View Post
Car looks great! Nice job. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the rear diffuser, and the geographic location of the car. I figure if I park next to you, my car could absorb some of your sswag through osmosis. :-)
Thanks! The SSWAG vibes are heading your way!
SSWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #64
slicktempo
 
slicktempo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calabasas
Posts: 132
Saw your car featured on the Brakeperformance facebook and then saw that it made COTW on C5 lol! Congrats!

slicktempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #65
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012
 
SSWAG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktempo View Post
Saw your car featured on the Brakeperformance facebook and then saw that it made COTW on C5 lol! Congrats!

Thanks....yeah, they asked me to send them photos after the new rotors were installed. Coverking also asked for photos, then they shipped me a product at no charge.
SSWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #66
Jyrine
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cloud City
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSWAG View Post

Thanks for your post! Sure, I'll try to answer your questions.

1. The body kit is from Razzi and it's sold by many vendors. I bought mine from Jason at PhastekPerformance.com.
• Razzi Camaro V8 Ground Effects Kit (P/N 130-100)

2. As mentioned in my thread, the rotors came from Brakeperformance.com and they work great (see part #'s below):
• Cross-Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors (Brakeperformance.com P/N CB-62124 F & CB-62119 R)

3. Regarding the exhaust diverter system, I will need to refer you to Steve Koenig, the owner of NoWeeds.net at (605) 830-1146 or stevekoenig@noweeds.net. He can explain how his system works. It is more difficult to install his system in a convertible like mine, due the extra frame braces, but it is possible (more labor involved). If you visit his website, you can watch some videos about it on Youtube.

4. Yes, the rear spoiler is made by GM. However, when the body shop deinstalled the previous spoiler, they also removed the old AM antenna and tried to reinstall it inside my trunk lid. Unfortunately, the AM Radio doesn't work anymore as a result. The problem is that this antenna wasn't designed to work through metal (only plastic or fiberglass). I just wished he reinstalled the antenna inside the new spoiler, then I would not have had a problem with the radio. So now I am working on a solution to correct this issue. C5 MEMBERS: I AM OPEN TO IDEAS (please)!
• GM Dovetail Rear Spoiler (GM P/N 92234283) *

~Jeff
Thanks for all the info.

One clarification I wanted to make was I didn't mean the brake rotors, I meant the physical fender vents.

From the pictures yours seem to be made functional, and that is what I was curious about.
__________________
Camaro leży w sercu, nie w ich rękach.
Jyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #67
mbonet
1NF3RN0
 
mbonet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro - 1LT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 209
Congrats on COTW...IOM's rule!!!
__________________
mbonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #68
KidKilowatt
 
KidKilowatt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Race City, NC
Posts: 502
Awesome job you did with your ride. Congrats !!
__________________
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #69
Kamaro72
 
Kamaro72's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 109
Nice Job!! I love the Razzi kit!
__________________
KB
Kamaro72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #70
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012
 
SSWAG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrine View Post
Thanks for all the info.

One clarification I wanted to make was I didn't mean the brake rotors, I meant the physical fender vents.

From the pictures yours seem to be made functional, and that is what I was curious about.
Sorry, when you said "brakes", I assumed you meant the rotors. The fender gills are not functional; they were custom painted to look real. I've actually seen some painters make them look even better!

~Jeff
SSWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.