Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #188
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Can't wait to see this in person. I'd been thinking about straight pipes on mine too but I wanna hear em first. The hood pins have really grown on me too! They are functional right?
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #189
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
going through some of the member journals, looks great! I want to see this beauty in real life though lol

Also, have you thought about AAC afterburners?

Thanks, and yes in time I will be getting some afterburners for sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Can't wait to see this in person. I'd been thinking about straight pipes on mine too but I wanna hear em first. The hood pins have really grown on me too! They are functional right?

Thanks, and no the hoodpins are just for looks.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #190
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Thanks, and no the hoodpins are just for looks.
Damn. Oh well they still look sweet. How do they attach and how much did they run ya? f you don't mind me askin of course!
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #191
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Damn. Oh well they still look sweet. How do they attach and how much did they run ya? f you don't mind me askin of course!

Thanks man. They were $80 and the cable part can attach anywhere under the hood u want. I just used 2 tiny screws into a tab on the inside of the bumper. and the metal plate part just sticks on the hood.

I was going to get real hoodpins that were $80 as well and drill thru the hood, but i figured since they are just for looks why go thru all of that when they will look the exact same, and the OEM hoodlatch wont fail anyways
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #192
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Thanks man. They were $80 and the cable part can attach anywhere under the hood u want. I just used 2 tiny screws into a tab on the inside of the bumper. and the metal plate part just sticks on the hood.

I was going to get real hoodpins that were $80 as well and drill thru the hood, but i figured since they are just for looks why go thru all of that when they will look the exact same, and the OEM hoodlatch wont fail anyways
I gotcha. I dunno how they'd look on my car. I already had a phantom grille I was watching on eBay too. Haha I'd feel like a copycat if I got it now.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #193
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
I gotcha. I dunno how they'd look on my car. I already had a phantom grille I was watching on eBay too. Haha I'd feel like a copycat if I got it now.
Every mod on here is a copy from someone elses nearly. Thats how u get ideas. When some one asks me about a mod or "copies" it, I feel honored and happy they like it that much.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #194
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Every mod on here is a copy from someone elses nearly. Thats how u get ideas. When some one asks me about a mod or "copies" it, I feel honored and happy they like it that much.
Sweet. Great outlook! Cause I plan on giving those pins a try haha. You've got a lot of cosmetic stuff that I think is awesome once I'm done with my performance I might get into the cosmetic aspect of mine some more. As of right now for cosmetic all I've gots powder coated wheels and a bunch of vinyl and plasti dip. 350$ total lol. But damn did it do wonders IMO.



You plan on upping the performance of yours or no? Dunno if I would if I had a sick bike. Cause it still wouldn't be as fun as the bike.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #195
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Sweet. Great outlook! Cause I plan on giving those pins a try haha. You've got a lot of cosmetic stuff that I think is awesome once I'm done with my performance I might get into the cosmetic aspect of mine some more. As of right now for cosmetic all I've gots powder coated wheels and a bunch of vinyl and plasti dip. 350$ total lol. But damn did it do wonders IMO.



You plan on upping the performance of yours or no? Dunno if I would if I had a sick bike. Cause it still wouldn't be as fun as the bike.
Ya man your car is going to be killer with that supercharger. I cant wait to see that and hear it.

And, yes im going to do a lot more performance mods once my warranty is up. I have a injen longtube CAI right now and with the t2 ports I can feel quite a difference but thats still pretty small of a HP increase., but I eventually want to get twin turbos. Just need that warranty to run its course. Thats why ive been so focused on cosmetic mods.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #196
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Ya man your car is going to be killer with that supercharger. I cant wait to see that and hear it.

And, yes im going to do a lot more performance mods once my warranty is up. I have a injen longtube CAI right now and with the t2 ports I can feel quite a difference but thats still pretty small of a HP increase., but I eventually want to get twin turbos. Just need that warranty to run its course. Thats why ive been so focused on cosmetic mods.
Gotcha. Mines already at 70,000 and I got a deal I couldn't pass up so I went for it. Can't wait to see that with twins though! Tracy at Rx Performance does one hell of a job boosting these things if you aren't decided on where you eventually wanna go. Also how do you like those straight pipes?
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #197
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
oh yehhhh
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #198
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
oh yehhhh
awesome picture man. that looks sick
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #199
tmac1granger33
NM HT5
 
tmac1granger33's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los lunas, New Mexico
Posts: 2,003
Do work Austin!
__________________
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

WL-BMR Strut Bar/Custom rear vents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 AM   #200
SIM Curly

 
SIM Curly's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Decatur, Alabama and Troy, Alabama
Posts: 1,928
Uh oh!
__________________
SIM Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #201
SamHouseIII
I Carry!
 
SamHouseIII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fletcher, Ok
Posts: 2,651
Nice looking ride!!
__________________
I am a Modaholic!! Please Help!! Do Not feed my addicition....See build...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261540

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #202
bee1100
 
bee1100's Avatar
 
Drives: Yellow, Bumblebee V6 moded
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 180
any exhaust clips?
bee1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #203
jordan973
 
jordan973's Avatar
 
Drives: blacked out RS v6 camaro
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: palmcoast fl
Posts: 5
how hard was it to put in the t2 slit on you bumper
jordan973 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official SYNERGY GREEN Camaro Thread Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 3857 02-04-2016 09:25 AM
OFFICIAL COLOR (and interior) Threads of all Camaro production colors Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 137 07-09-2014 08:55 PM
Drag Racing Suspension Kits Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 25 02-21-2010 09:48 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.