Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #43
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,133
Okay I promised more details, but I don't have pics/video.

We were still having some trouble with the boost controller. The had to put it back on the rack yesterday to swap out my wide-band sensor and install the tranny cooler, so the rechecked everything and found the issue (had the boost reference setup wrong for an internal waste gate). Now the thing is really rocking, but we need to retune it. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get over there until tomorrow.

On the HPFP, looks like the one Vince has is messed up. I'm going to try and send him mine to see if it works. It may take a bit of time for that. In the mean time we are going to try 50:50 meth/water and see what we can get out of her. The guy at GPI thinks we should now get mid to high 400s for RWHP.

One more thing...WOW does the boost come on hard and fast. The torque curve shoots straight up. The the stall I'm running we have to actually start the logs at about 4000 RPM, but it has already hit peak torque well before that time and then it is just flat through about 5500 and then a slow decline to redline. The power under the curve is just awesome. Too bad these EFRs are so expensive...certainly the way to go on the medium displacement motors.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #44
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Okay I promised more details, but I don't have pics/video.

We were still having some trouble with the boost controller. The had to put it back on the rack yesterday to swap out my wide-band sensor and install the tranny cooler, so the rechecked everything and found the issue (had the boost reference setup wrong for an internal waste gate). Now the thing is really rocking, but we need to retune it. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get over there until tomorrow.

On the HPFP, looks like the one Vince has is messed up. I'm going to try and send him mine to see if it works. It may take a bit of time for that. In the mean time we are going to try 50:50 meth/water and see what we can get out of her. The guy at GPI thinks we should now get mid to high 400s for RWHP.

One more thing...WOW does the boost come on hard and fast. The torque curve shoots straight up. The the stall I'm running we have to actually start the logs at about 4000 RPM, but it has already hit peak torque well before that time and then it is just flat through about 5500 and then a slow decline to redline. The power under the curve is just awesome. Too bad these EFRs are so expensive...certainly the way to go on the medium displacement motors.
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #45
blackTT600

 
Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 919
them EFRs are SOO expensive! idk if i want to wait to have the cash for them. you think its worth it?? i bet you do lol
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #46
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
What is EFR?
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #47
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
them EFRs are SOO expensive! idk if i want to wait to have the cash for them. you think its worth it?? i bet you do lol
Let' me finish tuning and take it for a few spins on the track and some back roads and I'll be able to give you a better idea. Right now I can say I AM VERY IMPRESSED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
What is EFR?
It is the new style turbo from Borg Warner. Spool very fast. They are using them on the Indy class cars this year.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #48
blackTT600

 
Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Let' me finish tuning and take it for a few spins on the track and some back roads and I'll be able to give you a better idea. Right now I can say I AM VERY IMPRESSED!


It is the new style turbo from Borg Warner. Spool very fast. They are using them on the Indy class cars this year.
Yeah, on the Indy cars using similar GM high feature V6's to ours. If I'm not mistaken I believe they are 2.8 liters? I await your review!
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #49
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,069




SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #50
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
^ so flippin excited!!
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #51
xx_ED_xx

 
xx_ED_xx's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Silverado
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Floriduh!
Posts: 1,114
I plan on running the efr on my setup... sexy turbos
__________________
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #52
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx View Post
I plan on running the efr on my setup... sexy turbos
Yeah, love them. Be aware, it is a biatch to get the driver-side one in there.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #53
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,133
Just remembered I had a pic on my phone of the new setup.
Name:  imagejpeg_2_6.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  40.2 KB
It is a tight fit with the actuators, but they don't hang down as low as the others either.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #54
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Just remembered I had a pic on my phone of the new setup.
Attachment 388423
It is a tight fit with the actuators, but they don't hang down as low as the others either.
It's looking great, can't wait to see the numbers. I'm waiting on AEM to send me the new Meth controller. But mine is running great on pump just have to deal with this damn MAF. Just paid $60 for a new one and waiting to get the JET Perf. MAF to compare and log.
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #55
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
It's looking great, can't wait to see the numbers. I'm waiting on AEM to send me the new Meth controller. But mine is running great on pump just have to deal with this damn MAF. Just paid $60 for a new one and waiting to get the JET Perf. MAF to compare and log.
Yeah I'm going through the same thing with AEM. They keep wanting me to disassmble it and send them the controller board. I keep telling them I just want to buy a whole new controller.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #56
gahammerle

 
gahammerle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lebanon, OH
Posts: 1,641
Are RX customers the only ones who are happy enough with their systems to show them off?

Where are all the pics?
__________________
Gordy

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers



Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.