Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
markgws6

 
markgws6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 750
JBA Shorties and MBRP cat-back - w/Vids and pics

Here are some pictures of them. :-) The car sounds nice. I'll post some vids of it too.









markgws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Goo

 
Goo's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayman S
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 947
Nice
Goo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
markgws6

 
markgws6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 750
http://youtu.be/Zq1KUW5yWE0

http://youtu.be/JjZwd0QTafc

As always use good Headphones or speakers to hear the lows.

I recorded another one from behind of revs. I don't have anyone to help me take one going down the street at the moment maybe later. It's still a bit deeper and bit throatier in real life.

http://youtu.be/moOyRQYCs3w

Last edited by markgws6; 07-02-2012 at 07:09 PM.
markgws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,391
Yo from what I heard that sounds great! From inside the cabin and outside. Would like to see some vids of you revving and driving by from the outside.

How much do you think the shorties are affecting the sound? You think it's mostly the MBRP cat back because I'm looking into shorties right now?
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Yo from what I heard that sounds great! From inside the cabin and outside. Would like to see some vids of you revving and driving by from the outside.

How much do you think the shorties are affecting the sound? You think it's mostly the MBRP cat back because I'm looking into shorties right now?
Shorties generally add quiet a bit of growl to the exhaust and may make the tone a tad deeper, but generally doesn't affect the overall tone too much. The biggest difference is the added growl which is almost always a very positive thing with shorty headers.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Shorties generally add quiet a bit of growl to the exhaust and may make the tone a tad deeper, but generally doesn't affect the overall tone too much. The biggest difference is the added growl which is almost always a very positive thing with shorty headers.
Excellent, man. Thanks for the info.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
markgws6

 
markgws6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 750
Thanks! I'll see if I can get another recording done of the revs and maybe a drive by. But to be honest, I care more about what it sounds like on the inside since that's where I'll be most of the time. :-) The headers make a slight change in sound from the front of the car to me. It's tough to describe but what I can hear are probably the exhaust pulses when revving/driving about 1500-2500RPM or so with the windows down and remote start. lol It also sounds kinda like a leak? but I doubt that because I would probably have a CEL light if that were the case.
markgws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Thanks! I'll see if I can get another recording done of the revs and maybe a drive by. But to be honest, I care more about what it sounds like on the inside since that's where I'll be most of the time. :-) The headers make a slight change in sound from the front of the car to me. It's tough to describe but what I can hear are probably the exhaust pulses when revving/driving about 1500-2500RPM or so with the windows down and remote start. lol It also sounds kinda like a leak? but I doubt that because I would probably have a CEL light if that were the case.
Still waiting for those vids! Haha

I'm not too worried about how mine sounds from inside the cabin. I just want it to sound how I like it from the back, but it if it sounds good inside that can't hurt!! Ha!

I can't be sure but I would guess like you and say it's not a leak because there is no CEL.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
markgws6

 
markgws6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 750
I posted the Video links above, check them out.

Well my car got a CEL now. So it's back to the shop again...
These are also not cheap to install (at least they were not for me.)
markgws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,333
Sounds good! I'm sure it does sound better in person, but the video gives a great idea of the sounds.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
markgws6

 
markgws6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 750
Thanks KM. Whoops I mistyped JBA in the thread title to say JDP. If any mods can fix this it would be appreciated. :-)
markgws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.