Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #57
General Lee

Drives: 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Oh do tell.
A 6cyl turbo??
That's what you guys are waiting for?
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #58
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
A 6cyl turbo??
That's what you guys are waiting for?

Seriously that's for the Z/26 not the.............. Z/28.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #59
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
It is so cool that you folks from Chevrolet are reading these posts! I can give you my opinion on what I would like in the next Z28.

I do not really care what the engine is. (Although 427 is a magic number for me. How about 427 RWHP?)

I want a Z28 or whatever @ 3400 pounds with about 500 crank HP and handling on par with a ZL1.

Simple formula.

Turbos are fine if needed and I know this is blasphemy, but it does not have to be a V8. And yea, give me something like MRC too. I don't mind a comfy ride when I'm not feeing sporty. Recaros too please. This would be a car in a modern variation of the Z28 spirit. A Z28 like this will also better attract the younger crowd who do not like big cars with a gas guzzler tax. To maintain popularity you have to think about the future.

Such a car may exist in the next few years. The next Camaro, Mustang, or Barracuda might be such a car that could challenge the current ZL1 and '13+ GT500 with less weight and more technology. Or maybe all of them will wind up too chubby. Heres to hoping.

But I do not agree that an LS7 in the current Camaro platform would be any faster than the ZL1 and even with the weight loss I do not see how it will out handle it. And an LS7 Camaro would not out compete the GT500 either.

All that being said, I hope you guys get your LS7 Camaro if that is your Camaro dream car. And for Chevy's sake I hope you all buy one if they build it.

GM tells us the 1LE will run with the Boss even with an LS3. After seeing the ZL1 compete with the '13 GT500 I can believe it.

I was thinking of buying a 1LE but my car right now should perform pretty close to a 1LE and with my bolt-ons may even be a bit faster. If I could only drive my car that fast! I need to spend more time at the track.

Now I am thinking I will wait and see what the new generation of pony car muscle brings. One of those will be my next car. I hope its the Chevy.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #60
R1jamn

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2023 ZL1, 2014 Raptor
Yes, GM is reading and absorbing/digesting what potential buyers desire in the next Z/28 and entire Camaro family for that matter.

I do not share the enthusiasm as many on here that the next Z/28 should be built with the LS7. But I do understand their enthusiasm.
Please keep the LS7 out and away from the Z/28 though.

Personally, I am ready to see some changes to the Camaro.
Body style is good, but I would like to see it get slimmed down.
Just needs to be a little leaner and meaner.....Just a little.

The dash, however, does not reflect the sporty race stature that I desire.
Yes the dash is in line with the retro styling, but it is dated.
The square box looking frames around the tach and speedo have a nice radius in the corners but they are still boxy squares to these old eyes.
The dash needs to go and I mean GONE!!!!

I'm waiting patiently GM. IMPRESS ME!!!

BTW, I'm also the one who is requesting the "Million Dollar Red" color.
NO TINCOAT!!!!!! NO Metallic!!!!!!
Just a nice deep sexy red with all black interior.
I've got the money and the time. The balls in your court GM.
R1jamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #61
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
No one expects an LS7 in the Gen-6 Camaro, but it would make a terrific departure in a Final Edition Gen-FIVE ZEE (just like the 60th LS7 Vette Convertible).

LT1 will make its performance debut in the C7 Vette, MY '14.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #62
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1jamn View Post
Yes, GM is reading and absorbing/digesting what potential buyers desire in the next Z/28 and entire Camaro family for that matter.

I do not share the enthusiasm as many on here that the next Z/28 should be built with the LS7. But I do understand their enthusiasm.
Please keep the LS7 out and away from the Z/28 though.

Personally, I am ready to see some changes to the Camaro.
Body style is good, but I would like to see it get slimmed down.
Just needs to be a little leaner and meaner.....Just a little.

The dash, however, does not reflect the sporty race stature that I desire.
Yes the dash is in line with the retro styling, but it is dated.
The square box looking frames around the tach and speedo have a nice radius in the corners but they are still boxy squares to these old eyes.
The dash needs to go and I mean GONE!!!!

I'm waiting patiently GM. IMPRESS ME!!!

BTW, I'm also the one who is requesting the "Million Dollar Red" color.
NO TINCOAT!!!!!! NO Metallic!!!!!!
Just a nice deep sexy red with all black interior.
I've got the money and the time. The balls in your court GM.
I find it interesting that so many people with a low post count and clearly not a good understanding of what has transpired on the Z/28 forum for the last two to three years, as well as a post full of details that pertain for the most part to Camaro in general rather than a Z/28, somehow think they need to jump into this forum and tell us what should and shouldn't be.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #63
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
First I'll start by saying the more the merrier, HOWEVER they really need to educate themselves first. There is a lot of well thought out scenarios in this section of the forum if they'd only take the time.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #64
R1jamn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I find it interesting that so many people with a low post count and clearly not a good understanding of what has transpired on the Z/28 forum for the last two to three years, as well as a post full of details that pertain for the most part to Camaro in general rather than a Z/28, somehow think they need to jump into this forum and tell us what should and shouldn't be.
Clyde

So many people with a low post count? LOL
You are not exclusive to the Z/28 threads my friend nor your opinions or desires for the Z/28.
Your post suggests that I am not worthy of being an enthusiast.
I owned a 68' RS with a 327. I had many good times in that car.
Was sorry that I ever let it go. Those memories still run through by blood.
Do not feel threatened Clyde. I am not telling you what should be or shouldn't be. I did state that I do not share YOUR enthusiasm.
But my desire and enthusiasm is no less than yours my friend.
After all, I am just one person with a low post count.
Thanks for the chuckle, but I will post whatever I feel is with in my red blooded soul, low post count and all.

Last edited by R1jamn; 07-07-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #65
R1jamn

Quote:
First I'll start by saying the more the merrier, HOWEVER they really need to educate themselves first. There is a lot of well thought out scenarios in this section of the forum if they'd only take the time.
I agree whole heartedly.
I have read your well thought out scenarios and I applaud you and those
for the conviction to bring these many points to light.
I do like a lot of the plans that many of you have engineered for the Z.
Believe me, I am well educated. But I am not jumping on board to run with a particular wolf pack.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #66
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:

So many people with a low post count? LOL
You are not exclusive to the Z/28 threads my friend nor your opinions or desires for the Z/28.
Your post suggests that I am not worthy of being an enthusiast.
I owned a 68' RS with a 327. I had many good times in that car.
Was sorry that I ever let it go. Those memories still run through by blood.
Do not feel threatened Clyde. I am not telling you what should be or shouldn't be. I did state that I do not share YOUR enthusiasm.
But my desire and enthusiasm is no less than yours my friend.
After all, I am just one person with a low post count.
Thanks for the chuckle, but I will post whatever I feel is with in my red blooded soul, low post count and all.
Oh you're quite free to post whatever and whenever you want. I'm just puzzled by the bulk of your post being about general Camaro issues (such as color, dash design, etc.) and a mention of the Z/28, yet you post in the Z/28 threads. That would be like me complaining about NASCAR Truck Series rules in the Cup Series forum.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #67
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
I agree whole heartedly.
I have read your well thought out scenarios and I applaud you and those
for the conviction to bring these many points to light.
I do like a lot of the plans that many of you have engineered for the Z.
Believe me, I am well educated. But I am not jumping on board to run with a particular wolf pack.
Thanks! Trust me this section can be very addicting.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #68
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Yes, The Camaro is the more advanced & better value GT, but the GT500 is the "more" hardcore performer. Don't get me wrong I prefer the ZL1 over the GT500 if I was wanting a fully loaded "GT". However as I've stated many times I'm not looking for a Camaro GT. This is why I've held out in hopes of the Z28. It's why many in this section of the forum have discussed at great lengths what a Z28 should be and why immeadiatly we knew the ZL1 was not a Z28 (even GM knew it hence the name change).

BTW, I would like a new GenV engine, but wouldn't the base model V8 be released first? Also a revamped LS3 would add time and cost to a near dead design. (and they didn't even change it for the GS Vette).
I guess because I have long periods of darkness on this forum. people forget where I have stood and still stand. I have never supported the LS7 like most in this section. I have my reasons and have been given before.

you talk about the LS3 as being near dead and talk about how the LS7 is what the Z28 should have. The LS7 is on it's last legs also. but whatever. I just think your feeling about the zl1 not stepping up is wrong. I feel the ZL1 is the better car all around. so what if it can't accelerate faster. honing in that much power for the average driver will be a task. the ZL1 is better for average drivers.

we don't know what's up the sleeve of GM. they could come out with the Gen V in the Z28 and then the smaller version of the Gen V for the SS. I think that would play out quite nicely.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #69
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I guess because I have long periods of darkness on this forum. people forget where I have stood and still stand. I have never supported the LS7 like most in this section. I have my reasons and have been given before.

you talk about the LS3 as being near dead and talk about how the LS7 is what the Z28 should have. The LS7 is on it's last legs also. but whatever. I just think your feeling about the zl1 not stepping up is wrong. I feel the ZL1 is the better car all around. so what if it can't accelerate faster. honing in that much power for the average driver will be a task. the ZL1 is better for average drivers.

we don't know what's up the sleeve of GM. they could come out with the Gen V in the Z28 and then the smaller version of the Gen V for the SS. I think that would play out quite nicely.
I mention the LS3 as being near dead to make the point that they probably won't enhance it in any way. As i said they didn't do it for the GS. But then also the 5Gen Camaro and LS7 are both short lived. However this provides the combining of them together in one last hurrah for the Z28. I also said in this and previous threads that I would also like the GenV engine if it is above the base V8 model. My point is that GM has the opportunity to one up the Boss LS with a Z28/LS7. This should be a clear win. The ZL1 VS. GT500 is not a clear win in performance. Yet the ZL1 is the "better" engineered car.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #70
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
But what if none of those ideas fit what you want? What if you want something more modern and lighter? But still a track animal of course.

I do not think any current NA Chevy engine in a Camaro will out run a ZL1 at the track. And GM says the iLE should run with the Boss. There is not a lot of room there in between.

And it gets a little tricky with weight. The ZL1 has a much heavier differential than the SS. I think, and I could be wrong, that this, after the supercharger, is the second biggest reason for the ZL1 weight gain. So what if Chevy decides the LS7 needs the beefier differential to handle the LS7 over the long haul. Keeping MRC (it sounds like it is worth the weight gain) for the moment, there may only be a 100 pound difference between the ZL1 and an LS7 Z28.

Is a Z28 @ 4,000 pounds a Z28?

Finding out how good the ZL1 is at the track is a Z28 game changer for me. Except for the cost, poor gas milage, and gas guzzler tax, I want one. Apparently the weight is not a problem at all at the track or anywhere else. And looking at what Pedders is saying about the ZL1, you can easily raise the ZL1 bar with some simple suspension mods. And an additional 100 hp is there for the taking.

So, what if say SLP slips an LS7 and the ZL1 front brakes into the 1LE and creates the Z28SLP. Would that fit the bill?

Last edited by Fraxum; 07-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote