Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

1st & 2nd Generation Camaros 1967-1969 Camaros / 1970-1981 Camaro

Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Found my "Dream Car"!!!

Unfortunately, it's not for sale!!! I went to the "Good-Guys" Car Show in Des Moines, IA this past weekend. And saw this.....an un-restored '68 Z/28 RS, all original (well 98%). Supposedly, the only thing ever changed on this car were the tires and headers!!! I'm not too sure about that door guard trim, that may be an add-on too. It wasn't the shiniest, or prettiest, or fastest car out there, but it was my favorite out of everything else!!! I asked the lady with the car if it was for sale, and she told me her husband has owned it ever since he was a junior in high school, so probably not!!! I told her everything is for sale....for the right price!!! She agreed, but told me I would have to bargain with her husband who was out walking around, and it would get very costly!!! Darn it....someday I'll have one!!! Well, I just thought some of you 1st Gen enthusiasts would appreciate this car the same way I did.
Attached Images

QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Great find! I'd love an original Z-28, RS also. So hard to find in this condition.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Wow, you will probably never see another one in that condition!!!
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Blau camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: #1 CAMARO FAN
Gorgeous Z, and brings back memories for me. Had a 1968 on order but was never filled as it was too late in the my. Thanks for the photos and know how you feel.
Blau camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Yep, out of every car there, this is what I would have wanted to drive away. And you're absolutely right, I'll probably never see another "un-restored" '68 Z/28 RS in this condition. I know the lady said it wasn't for sale, but I really regret not giving her my number anyway. You never know what may happen in the future. My buddy that was with me said this was the perfect candidate for an easy restoration. I completely disagree!!! If you are lucky enough to even see an all original (documented) '68 Z, chances are it is going to be in some stage of restoration. I think if I owned this car, I'd keep it just the way it is, because this was the first (and probably the only) time I've ever seen one that was un-restored.

I'm interested to hear what your opinions are on the current value of this car as it sits right now??? I would "guesstimate" about....$45k-$50k, maybe even more?!?!? Well, at least in my eyes!!! What are your thoughts?

BTW, if anyone knows the owners of this car from Polk County, Iowa, please PM me!!!
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.

Last edited by blazzin1; 07-06-2012 at 11:30 PM.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote