Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #76
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
what if you tap (not stand on) the brake? ....it should shove the weight forward and get the tires spinning. I know if I do that, it'll roast em.

What kind of TQ delivered #s are you seeking from 0mph to the end of first gear? It takes TQ to spin those wheels. All things being equal you should be able to back into it.....that is identify the TQ # that spins your tires....whether that be though dumping the clutch or brake assist. Then you'll know if you can't generate that TQ from a roll....means no burn out.

The ECM has some perplexing TQ decay algos which are not impacted by changes in the calibration.....I stopped studying it....as it was sucking up too much of my time.

I did get my TQ peak number up to 408 though......I was stuck at 380 for a long time.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #77
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The highest TQ peak i've seen in my logs was about 375. Is there somewhere else to look, besides just watching the log playback?
FastRaceCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #78
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Disable the tq management, I've seen 400-405 (peak) in third & 415 calculated HP from the same PID.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #79
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
not sure exactly how this would effect your ability to roast your tires...but check your brake tq mgmt. Engine> Torque Management> General... the log i have says your BTM is enabled. i could be totally out in left field with this but worth a shot if you haven't tried it already and then set your brake TQ limts to maximum 6042.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #80
Bo White
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I added a cold air intake, bored throttle body, and new Maf sensor, and with no tune I had the same issue that I started with. So, I took it to one of my local Dynos and it put down 384 RWHP and 384 RWTQ.
My GXP put down the exact same #s with my Rotofab intake and ported TB on the stock tune.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #81
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
The point is, my car is putting down some power but it still will not roast them from a slow roll without popping the clutch. Spinning in second gear from a roll while I am racing is a phenomenon that I have not figured out yet.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #82
matt55

Drives: 2010 SS AMB , mini revo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRaceCars View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to do this. I run 93 octane and tried adding octane boost, but no improvement. I originally tried richening the AFRs where the knock retard occurs to see if that would help...but it made no difference.
I dont have alot of faith in octane booster stuff, throw some high octane in there and a soft tune. If she still knocking you know its not the tune and good luck after that
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #83
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
The point is, my car is putting down some power but it still will not roast them from a slow roll without popping the clutch. Spinning in second gear from a roll while I am racing is a phenomenon that I have not figured out yet.
You and me both. Can't roast from a roll in first, but did a second gear roll from 45 or so last week and almost couldn't keep it straight. Conditions were 85* and dry.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #84
speedmon

The tires will spin when delivered TQ exceeds the tires ability to provide grip.
This situation may not occur in first gear...it can but it might not.

Delivered torque is a combination of the calibrations (data) and the rules of the ECM.

It should be fairly consistent though.

So if you rev the motor up and dump the clutch at 4000 and the tires spin your engine is providing more torque than the grip of the tires can handle.....speed or wheel velocity is a variable as well.

I bought one of those Ultragauge gizmos (cheap and useful).....so I could monitor TQ more easily while driving.....it has a suction cup for the windsheild....too hard to look at my laptop while driving and turning.

With the ultragauge, I can see the scenarios while driving that were exceeding the grip of the tires......cuz I wanted to optimize traction in the turns....in first my L99 was spinning the rears in the turns and the shift into second caused the car to step out too much....why too much....like sideways. So I "detuned" it and left just a little chirp in there for fun.

You want the opposite.....you need to find the approx TQ that will spin your tires at a roll?, 10mph? then tune for that......like a "Saturday Night Cruiser" tune..............cruise down the blvd doing low speed burn outs.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #85
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Isn't getting traction off of the line what it's all about? That's how you win races, let the other guy sitting there spinning his tires.
moserbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #86
speedmon

Yes....I think so....but the title of the thread was....

2010 Camaro 1SS LS3 M6 won't spin tires

So not being judgemental we were trying to get him there.
Thats why I called it the Saturday Night Special tune......like cruising around with 488 gears......very good for doing burnouts.

It would be very cool if you could have 3 or 4 custom tunes that you could select "on the fly". I know the D, S and M modes are kinda like that, but you don't get the full spectrum of calibration changes with each mode.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #87
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Simple, just turn off all the nannies and hang on! Be prepared to put your car sideways!
moserbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, camaro, ls3