Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #1101
SS 376

 
SS 376's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerader View Post
:upset:

My dealer contacted me today about ordering an LE1. We went through the option sheet, which I have, and the car came in at 45K. Granted it was nicely loaded but not Mac.

I was preparing myself for 40K but we just can't go 45K. I guess we're in the 2010 for the long hall.
Go with a 1SS. Every other option (save for maybe the RS package) and everything on the 2SS is purely comfort and convenience. And talk to a dealer willing to offer you discounts. There are good ones here on the forums that will do it for you.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #1102
nak3dsnake


 
nak3dsnake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerader View Post
:upset:

My dealer contacted me today about ordering an LE1. We went through the option sheet, which I have, and the car came in at 45K. Granted it was nicely loaded but not Mac.

I was preparing myself for 40K but we just can't go 45K. I guess we're in the 2010 for the long hall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Go with a 1SS. Every other option (save for maybe the RS package) and everything on the 2SS is purely comfort and convenience. And talk to a dealer willing to offer you discounts. There are good ones here on the forums that will do it for you.
Yeah, leather seats, bluetooth, etc. aren't necessary. For a 1LE, in my opinion they aren't necessary because of the purpose of the car.
__________________
Looks: AAC P13W DRLs, Heritage Grille, RS Embroidered Headrests, GM Door Sill Plates, GM Premium Floor Mats, Body Color Engine Cover, LLT Mobile 1 Oil Cap, ZL1 Sport Pedals, 3M Clear Bra.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #1103
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
...



The camaro layout seems to not suffer from the same layout problems as the mustang.

1. The steering wheel has more space so it doesn't feel like it's in your lap and has telescopic adjustment.
2. The speakers are flush with the door and do not pop out into your leg space.
3. The console is nice and compact not intruding into the driver and passenger leg space.
4. The console is more compact with a simplier design yet still accomplishes the same level of functunality.

I agree with you about the 4 pack guage. The placement of it is poor.
I've always said the minor gauges on the Camaro should be up on the dash where I've indicated in the pic below:
Name:  Screen shot 2012-07-20 at 8.01.13 AM.jpg
Views: 2633
Size:  237.5 KB

That way they'd be immediately visible to the driver with a quick glance without having to move your eyes too far from the road.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #1104
b4z

 
Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,182
Awesome idea!
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #1105
cbass

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I've always said the minor gauges on the Camaro should be up on the dash where I've indicated in the pic below:
Attachment 400332

That way they'd be immediately visible to the driver with a quick glance without having to move your eyes too far from the road.
That makes a lot more sense, but it would take away the "retro" look of the interior. Although with the old style steering wheel gone they might as well. The retro look is slowly disappearing so might as well put the guages in a place they would be useful.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #1106
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Good the retro interior irritates me in the Camaro... Hated that goddamn f**ing 10-11 steering wheel.....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #1107
mpyle007
 
mpyle007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 298
Anyone have a part number for the rear diffuser? I want to swap my 2SS out with this one and change my tips to dual tips.
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
Rotofab CAI w/ race scoop
TSP Long tube headers w/ high flow cats and full x-pipe
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #1108
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,482
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Good the retro interior irritates me in the Camaro... Hated that goddamn f**ing 10-11 steering wheel.....
Tell us how you really feel...


IMO
The new steering wheel looks like crap with the interior, it does not fit the rest of the styling. Plus it looks like the steering wheel in all the other GM vehicles on the market... Lame. It needs it's own styling.
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #1109
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Tell us how you really feel...


IMO
The new steering wheel looks like crap with the interior, it does not fit the rest of the styling. Plus it looks like the steering wheel in all the other GM vehicles on the market... Lame. It needs it's own styling.
Is it any surprise that they introduced the updated SS suspension, and ZL1 with this steering wheel?

Answer.. no because the old wheel was shit for anything other than going in straight-line. The new wheel is less bulky and more comfortable to use. Looks are subjective. Yes it doesn't go with the retro-fail interior but after changing the wheel which ironically costs a 3rd of the price to replace over the old one. I will never go back to another poorly ergonomically designed steering wheel.

The old wheel wasn't ugly it was just useless compared to the new one. The new wheel just makes the retro interior look old.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #1110
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,482
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Is it any surprise that they introduced the updated SS suspension, and ZL1 with this steering wheel?

Answer.. no because the old wheel was shit for anything other than going in straight-line. The new wheel is less bulky and more comfortable to use. Looks are subjective. Yes it doesn't go with the retro-fail interior but after changing the wheel which ironically costs a 3rd of the price to replace over the old one. I will never go back to another poorly ergonomically designed steering wheel.

The old wheel wasn't ugly it was just useless compared to the new one. The new wheel just makes the retro interior look old.
Function is subjective too, Mine works fine. I do like the thumb "rest's" on the new wheel more though.

From what I have read, thats not why they replaced the steering wheel. It was changed for cost and to bring the interior more modern... at least that's what we were told by GM. You may have read the performance reasons too who know, I have not seen one that says that's why they changed it.

I wouldn't mind a more modern interior either. I love the looks of the new Caddies. It's the cross over that is hideous. I think they did a great job with the retro interior, plus they kept it that way because that's the feed back they received if they were to bring the camaro back.

I've said it before, but what bug me about the interior... too many colors. Chrome, Glossy silver, matte silver, some brownish goldish silver color, pewter color, black plastic... to many different colors going on inside...
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #1111
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder
 
Mike2ss's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM SLP575
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Benito, TX
Posts: 1,077
any updates on power, did they up the power any on the 1LE? I believe someone said it on here, this needs to be able to compete with the Boss, as is I hate to say but the Boss will be the Boss!
__________________
ZL575 Inferno Orange/White Stripes, IOM interior, M6, Brembo Sport Rotors, 6 piston front calipers, drilled rotors, adjustable sway bars, 1"drop, tune, Powerflow axle back exhaust
Other cars are- 95 BMW 325 sedan- AA exhaust, AA CAI, AA Strut bar, AA chip, M3 rotors and calipers, racing clutch, oversized injectors, upgraded M3 interior
Mike2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #1112
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2ss View Post
any updates on power, did they up the power any on the 1LE? I believe someone said it on here, this needs to be able to compete with the Boss, as is I hate to say but the Boss will be the Boss!
Chevy hasnt made it official, but I'm sure a 1LE with the dual mode exhaust will produce more power than a 1LE with the stock SS exhaust.

The dual mode exhaust on the Corvette is worth 6hp.

The gearing alone should make the car quicker.
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #1113
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Is it any surprise that they introduced the updated SS suspension, and ZL1 with this steering wheel?

Answer.. no because the old wheel was shit for anything other than going in straight-line. The new wheel is less bulky and more comfortable to use. Looks are subjective. Yes it doesn't go with the retro-fail interior but after changing the wheel which ironically costs a 3rd of the price to replace over the old one. I will never go back to another poorly ergonomically designed steering wheel.

The old wheel wasn't ugly it was just useless compared to the new one. The new wheel just makes the retro interior look old.
The hate is strong with this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Function is subjective too, Mine works fine. I do like the thumb "rest's" on the new wheel more though.

From what I have read, thats not why they replaced the steering wheel. It was changed for cost and to bring the interior more modern... at least that's what we were told by GM. You may have read the performance reasons too who know, I have not seen one that says that's why they changed it.

I wouldn't mind a more modern interior either. I love the looks of the new Caddies. It's the cross over that is hideous. I think they did a great job with the retro interior, plus they kept it that way because that's the feed back they received if they were to bring the camaro back.

I've said it before, but what bug me about the interior... too many colors. Chrome, Glossy silver, matte silver, some brownish goldish silver color, pewter color, black plastic... to many different colors going on inside...
Old steering wheel looks way better IMO and I really don't have an issue with how it feels/handles
__________________
557 rwhp / 525 rwtq (PFADT Headers & Cats/ Roto-Fab Intake / Ported LSA TB)
Automotive YouTube Channel / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #1114
cbass

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
Chevy hasnt made it official, but I'm sure a 1LE with the dual mode exhaust will produce more power than a 1LE with the stock SS exhaust.

The dual mode exhaust on the Corvette is worth 6hp.

The gearing alone should make the car quicker.
We shall see. I think it will be hard to beat the boss down 18 hp and being heavier 250 lbs, but maybe the 1LE can pull it off. I am hoping it does, but I am not all that optimistic.

The gearing isn't as big as an adavantage as you think becuase the internal ratios in the 1LE transmission were changed. Essentially there is only 1 or 2 gears that end up being lower than a SS. The direct drive gear if affected the most.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #1115
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
We shall see. I think it will be hard to beat the boss down 18 hp and being heavier 250 lbs, but maybe the 1LE can pull it off. I am hoping it does, but I am not all that optimistic.

The gearing isn't as big as an adavantage as you think becuase the internal ratios in the 1LE transmission were changed. Essentially there is only 1 or 2 gears that end up being lower than a SS. The direct drive gear if affected the most.
True. Good point.

Hopefully the torque advantage of the 1LE 420 lb-ft vs the Boss's 380 lb-ft will help out in terms of the Camaros heavier curb weight.

GM is notorious for under rating their cars.

My 2007 Cobalt SS/SC was rated at 205bhp when in fact they were dyno'ing
210-215whp bone stock. That would indicated a bhp rating of around 230hp vs. their 205bhp rating. I'm willing to bet the 1LE will be more around 430-435bhp (w/ NPP exhaust).
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #1116
SEVEN-OH JOE
when 6.2 just won't do
 
Drives: some to distraction
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
We shall see. I think it will be hard to beat the boss down 18 hp and being heavier 250 lbs, but maybe the 1LE can pull it off. I am hoping it does, but I am not all that optimistic.
As has been stated numerous times, but apparently not fully accepted, the SS-1LE is more DIRECTLY equivalent to a GT 5.0 with Track Pack. BOTH are upgrades to the Base V8 Models.

There are reasons why the 1LE is NOT called a Z28.

If/When a Z28 appears, the BOSS will "know" a true "competitor" has arrived.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #1117
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
As has been stated numerous times, but apparently not fully accepted, the SS-1LE is more DIRECTLY equivalent to a GT 5.0 with Track Pack. BOTH are upgrades to the Base V8 Models.

There are reasons why the 1LE is NOT called a Z28.

If/When a Z28 appears, the BOSS will "know" a true "competitor" has arrived.
I have heard the BOSS is done this model year. Who knows what the Z/28 would face from Ford.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #1118
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
The hate is strong with this one!



Old steering wheel looks way better IMO and I really don't have an issue with how it feels/handles
Just because I have a Camaro doesn't mean I'm forced to ignore the stuff I dislike about the car.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #1119
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 3,827
...or what Ford will face from Chev?
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #1120
cbass

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
As has been stated numerous times, but apparently not fully accepted, the SS-1LE is more DIRECTLY equivalent to a GT 5.0 with Track Pack. BOTH are upgrades to the Base V8 Models.

There are reasons why the 1LE is NOT called a Z28.

If/When a Z28 appears, the BOSS will "know" a true "competitor" has arrived.
That is how I personally see it, but GM would disagree with you. According to GM themselves they list the competitor for the 1LE to not only be the boss 302, but the boss 302 LS edition.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #1121
Mikes SS

 
Mikes SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 894
As has been stated numerous times, but apparently not fully accepted, the SS-1LE is more DIRECTLY equivalent to a GT 5.0 with Track Pack. BOTH are upgrades to the Base V8 Models.

There are reasons why the 1LE is NOT called a Z28.

If/When a Z28 appears, the BOSS will "know" a true "competitor" has arrived


Yeah that's great and all, but why should our hallowed Z/28 be compared to a car that is no longer in production? If GM waits till Ford is done making the Boss 302 to come out with the Z/28 then what's the point? Maybe so it won't have a competitor and therefore not hurt it's sales? Sure seems like putting their tail between their legs and waiting for their master to leave to start jumping around.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #1122
SEVEN-OH JOE
when 6.2 just won't do
 
Drives: some to distraction
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
That is how I personally see it, but GM would disagree with you. According to GM themselves they list the competitor for the 1LE to not only be the boss 302, but the boss 302 LS edition.
?????

And exactly where was this quote of GM? Please substantiate.

The ONLY thing that I'm aware of, that could possibly be construed (or twisted) in that manner, was in the Press Release, Page 1 of this thread, indicating a sub-3:00 lap @ VIR. That is quicker that last year's Lightning Lap time turned in by the BOSS LS. So, where is your direct quote that "they list the competitor for the 1LE to not only be the boss 302, but the boss 302 LS edition".
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #1123
cbass

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
?????

And exactly where was this quote of GM? Please substantiate.

The ONLY thing that I'm aware of, that could possibly be construed (or twisted) in that manner, was in the Press Release, Page 1 of this thread, indicating a sub-3:00 lap @ VIR. That is quicker that last year's Lightning Lap time turned in by the BOSS LS. So, where is your direct quote that "they list the competitor for the 1LE to not only be the boss 302, but the boss 302 LS edition".
Page 5 on this pdf straight from GM themselves. Look at the key competitor listed:
Ford Mustang Boss® 302 Laguna Seca

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/atta...k-pack-1le-pdf
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #1124
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Page 5 on this pdf straight from GM themselves. Look at the key competitor listed:
Ford Mustang Boss® 302 Laguna Seca

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/atta...k-pack-1le-pdf
Affirmative. You beat me to it. And mark me down as one of the few that thinks it will have no problem hanging with a Boss LS. Also maybe the Z28 competitor could be a mach1 or Bullitt, they haven't used that one this week.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #1125
SEVEN-OH JOE
when 6.2 just won't do
 
Drives: some to distraction
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 303
New one on me. Hadn't seen that.

Road course performance? Pretty close, imho. 1/4-mile? We'll see.

Of course an LS7 and a name change would adequately insure BOTH.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FE3 to ZL1 Zway Bar UpgradeZ and ZL1 ZuZpenZion PackageZ JusticePete Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 111 05-08-2013 10:38 PM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 04:26 PM
4th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout!! nmcajeff Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 3 07-30-2010 12:05 PM
4th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout!! nmcajeff Off-topic Discussions 0 07-28-2010 08:28 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.