Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #120
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
TT 3.6 L would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
No, we are talking about a twin turbo v6 and the new NA V8. I guess when GM decides to introduce a twin turbo V8 we'll be talking about it. Just no reason to start another my V8 is better than your V6 in every thread that talks about upping the V6 performance.

Here's the thing, a TT V6 can and will be found in normal vehicles. IF there was a TT V8 it would only be in a high end Camaro or Corvette. These TT V6's can be had for cheaper than a N/A V8 and can be tuned to have some wicked power.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #121
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
So, if you already make two engines...
Mmmm.... two engines.....
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #122
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
No, we are talking about a twin turbo v6 and the new NA V8. I guess when GM decides to introduce a twin turbo V8 we'll be talking about it. Just no reason to start another my V8 is better than your V6 in every thread that talks about upping the V6 performance.
You need to cool your jets and stop projecting. I never said "my" anything was better then "your" anything. I would never make such an arrogant statement and never to the detriment of anyone else.

I simply said "A" twin turbo V8 would provide higher performance numbers than "A' similarly aspirated V6. I never said I had either one and I have no clue what you have anyhow.

You might as well be taking me to task for stating that 23 is higher then 12 or V comes after J. I merely made simple statements of facts that do not deserve your sarcastic rebukes.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #123
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Mmmm.... two engines.....
For the record:

A car with 2 TTV6 engines is better than a car with one TTV8.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #124
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
These TT V6's can be had for cheaper than a N/A V8 and can be tuned to have some wicked power.
Cheaper??? I doubt there cheaper then a v8 that is a simpler design and less complex when it comes to packaging it into a car/truck but I would love to see a main stream ttv6 all across the GM line up-more mpg's,more low end torque,cheaper insurance and just plain cool.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #125
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
You need to cool your jets and stop projecting. I never said "my" anything was better then "your" anything. I would never make such an arrogant statement and never to the detriment of anyone else.

I simply said "A" twin turbo V8 would provide higher performance numbers than "A' similarly aspirated V6. I never said I had either one and I have no clue what you have anyhow.

You might as well be taking me to task for stating that 23 is higher then 12 or V comes after J. I merely made simple statements of facts that do not deserve your sarcastic rebukes.
Maybe you need to cool your jets and not take things out of context. The point is a you and a few are trying to turn this into another V6 vs V8 bashing thread when the rest of us are trying to talk about the potential new offerings from GM. THE ACTUAL THINGS THAT MAY BE ON THE TABLE, NOT SOME HYPOTHETICAL TTV8 THAT MAKES YOU (coloquial you, not literal you) FEEL BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE (not me specifically) WITH 2 LESS CYLINDERS.

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 07-21-2012 at 11:32 AM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #126
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Maybe you need to cool your justs and not take things out of context. The point is a you and a few are trying to turn this into another V6 vs V8 bashing thread when the rest of us are trying to talk about the potential new offerings from GM. THE ACTUAL THINGS THAT MAY BE ON THE TABLE, NOT SOME HYPOTHETICAL TTV8 THAT MAKES YOU (coloquial you, not literal you) FEEL BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE (not me specifically) WITH 2 LESS CYLINDERS.
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #127
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Maybe you need to cool your jets and not take things out of context. The point is a you and a few are trying to turn this into another V6 vs V8 bashing thread when the rest of us are trying to talk about the potential new offerings from GM. THE ACTUAL THINGS THAT MAY BE ON THE TABLE, NOT SOME HYPOTHETICAL TTV8 THAT MAKES YOU (coloquial you, not literal you) FEEL BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE (not me specifically) WITH 2 LESS CYLINDERS.
Maybe you need to spool down your turbos and stop making hypocritical accusations of incorrect context. The point is that I am just stating facts and you are jumping to wild conclusions based on what appears to be some sort of insecurity related to some engine specification. If you have a beef with "a few others" take it up with them. I don't speak for a group.

Stop trying to put down someone who contributes facts to a discussion because I cannot read your mind and know beforehand which facts to avoid mentioning to avoid triggering your capitalized defensive emotional outbursts.

Have a swell day!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 AM   #128
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
I don't doubt it is awesome but by my math a TT V8 will always be 33.3% MORE awesome.
Quote:
They could do that, but since they don't currently make a V16 the project would have to be a totally new engine from the ground up. GM does make a few V8 engines (at least for now) which could accept turbos just as easily as their V6.

So, if you already make two engines and can add a turbo to either one of them for the same amount of work/cost, when why limit the turbo to the wimpier of the two?

That's what we're talking about.
Quote:
You need to cool your jets and stop projecting. I never said "my" anything was better then "your" anything. I would never make such an arrogant statement and never to the detriment of anyone else. but you did

Quote:
Maybe you need to spool down your turbos and stop making hypocritical accusations of incorrect context. The point is that I am just stating facts and you are jumping to wild conclusions based on what appears to be some sort of insecurity related to some engine specification. If you have a beef with "a few others" take it up with them. I don't speak for a group.

Stop trying to put down someone who contributes facts to a discussion because I cannot read your mind and know beforehand which facts to avoid mentioning to avoid triggering your capitalized defensive emotional outbursts.

Have a swell day!
the words highlighted are you're opinion and not fact. gretchen makes a valid point of what your stance is about v8's vs v6's, you should apologise to him and this forum, imvho.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 07-23-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: missappropriated title ;)
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #129
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
, you should apologise to her and this forum, imvho.
I don't think Gretchen will hear the apology, but her owner might.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #130
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I don't think Gretchen will hear the apology, but her owner might.
I apologise for not understanding, but what do you mean that "her owner might." ?

Old 07-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #131
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
I apologise for not understanding, but what do you mean that "her owner might." ?
Gretchen is the name of the car. It is owned by a man.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #132
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Gretchen is the name of the car. It is owned by a man.
HaHa, oops, I didn't think of that.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #133
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
HaHa, oops, I didn't think of that.
No problem! Always give my vehicles a female name so the anonomous nature of the web makes it confusing.