Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #290
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey, you long lost twin brother twenty years younger than you said he couldn't wait to see us get together again... He was telling one of Corey's mechanics how crazy it gets...

I have to agree... It's gonna be nuts in less than two weeks...
Being PQ's long lost twin brother twenty years earlier sure would make my life easier...get to make up my own words, do whatever I want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
:tweetz: :party0048:
:emot icon11::tweetz::emo ticon16:
__________________
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #291
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We are waiting to hear how she drives
Was at Portsmouth Chevy and set the alignment and corner balanced the car. Checked underneath to make sure everything was tightened and in place. Alignment is set to Pedders race car spec's.

Slapped a dealer plate on the car and took it for a 5 mile blast up the highway.. Everything is perfect! No noises or vibrations. Tracks perfect! I am very happy with the changes and improved setup.

I have a test and tune at the airstrip this Sunday with my SCCA club - Playing with the Hoosier race tires and dialing in the shock and tire pressure settings.

Looking forward to seeing how the car does this weekend!!!! I am excited!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #292
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Was at Portsmouth Chevy and set the alignment and corner balanced the car. Checked underneath to make sure everything was tightened and in place. Alignment is set to Pedders race car spec's.

Slapped a dealer plate on the car and took it for a 5 mile blast up the highway.. Everything is perfect! No noises or vibrations. Tracks perfect! I am very happy with the changes and improved setup.

I have a test and tune at the airstrip this Sunday with my SCCA club - Playing with the Hoosier race tires and dialing in the shock and tire pressure settings.

Looking forward to seeing how the car does this weekend!!!! I am excited!
Dan, I can't wait to hear more from the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
:l augh:
That was Robert before getting Pedderised. Today he is officially Pedderised. Rob, I can't wait to hear more from you next week

Bruce Raymond and TJ Bain brought a street car to the OPTIMA race. This is TJ feeling out the car.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #293
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Bruce Raymond and TJ Bain brought a street car to the OPTIMA race. This is TJ feeling out the car.


Got kinda interesting at 6:25
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #294
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,077
Pete's thread on the second page? No way...



Only 8 days till the SA crew rolls out to the Fest
__________________
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #295
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,697
Car worked awesome at the autocross test & tune yesterday!

I averaged 54.XXX runs in the AM, 57.XXX in the afternoon.

most people were running 50 to 52 seconds in the am.. 52-55 in the afternoon.

Tire pressure settings I tried didn't have any impact. Will still need to fine tune the setup, but it is within striking distance of every other car (except for some of the pro's and modified's) in the club now.

Running the test scenarios (slalom, increasing or decreasing slalom setups) - the Camaro behaved very well. Under-steer was non existant like in the past. Car tracks very well and is behaved. I could use a lot of throttle and you could rotate the vehicle with throttle steer.

All in all I love the handling changes! This is how the car should feel!

The ZL-1 rear bar is a MUST for anyone that wants a 5th gen Camaro to handle properly!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #296
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Lounge Rules:


OMGWTFBBQ comments and photo's are cool.

First time in this thread, but I saw this rule so here is what I smoked this weekend....1 Turkey breast and 3 racks of back ribs, oh and a bunch of meatballs too.
Attached Images
  
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #297
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
First time in this thread, but I saw this rule so here is what I smoked this weekend....1 Turkey breast and 3 racks of back ribs, oh and a bunch of meatballs too.
Somebody get this man a Beer!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #298
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,697
Did someone want a beer?

got your tap ready?

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 07-23-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Family friendly... ;)
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #299
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Car worked awesome at the autocross test & tune yesterday!

I averaged 54.XXX runs in the AM, 57.XXX in the afternoon.

most people were running 50 to 52 seconds in the am.. 52-55 in the afternoon.

Tire pressure settings I tried didn't have any impact. Will still need to fine tune the setup, but it is within striking distance of every other car (except for some of the pro's and modified's) in the club now.

Running the test scenarios (slalom, increasing or decreasing slalom setups) - the Camaro behaved very well. Under-steer was non existant like in the past. Car tracks very well and is behaved. I could use a lot of throttle and you could rotate the vehicle with throttle steer.

All in all I love the handling changes! This is how the car should feel!

The ZL-1 rear bar is a MUST for anyone that wants a 5th gen Camaro to handle properly!
Glad to hear all is well Dan!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #300
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Somebody get this man a Beer!

MMMMM Beer...
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #301
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Somebody get this man a Beer!

I got him a couple of kegs with two hot chicks on top..

I see what you did there... Stole them for yourself GTAHAVIT?
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #302
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Back to the build and more secret parts...

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #303
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
More secret parts

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #304
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,317
So what's the secret?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #305
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
So what's the secret?
What they are and why they are better
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #306
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
What they are and why they are better
Hmmmm not going to share are you.....







ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Area Speed Traps & Ticket Stories crzycicada USA - Texas 2 10-13-2009 09:16 PM
[DFW] Dallas Area 35th LE Gathering -- September 26, 2009 Brangeta USA - Texas 11 09-24-2009 11:24 AM
FS: 2006 GTO in the Dallas area blevina Autos For Sale / Wanted 10 05-28-2009 08:43 PM
Dallas Area - Start posting up performance shops to go to! Crowley USA - Texas 13 05-03-2009 02:33 PM
Saw a yellow SS in Dallas area. kmdrum79 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 23 03-30-2009 05:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.