Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

View Poll Results: Should I, or shouldn't I install the hitch?
Install a hitch 5 83.33%
Don't install a hitch 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
ParisTNDude

 
ParisTNDude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, TN
Posts: 1,971
Camaro5fest...trailer hitch???

Ok, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack from some, but here it is: I live in North West Tennessee and I plan on going to C5 fest. I want to use my drag radials but I don't want to drive that far on them and they won't go inside the trunk or car. I have this tiny inclosed padded trailer that would be great for hauling a compressor, hydraulic jack, some tools and my drag radials. I've looked and there are trailer hitches of just the right size to haul this little trailer and they say they're hidden from view and cost about $150. They couldn't weigh more than 15lbs and they say there's no need to drill holes. What do you all think of the idea?
__________________
Current ride: 2006 Corvette, LG long tube headers, HF cats, Xpipe, Vararam, Vmax ported throttle body, Z06 bi-mode axle backs, Fast LSXR 102 intake, DynoSpeed tune




Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...html?r=1"]2010
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y
 
SUX2BU's Avatar
 
Drives: FAST
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sachse TX (DFW)
Posts: 5,817
I would rock one!

and I probably will if I don't trailer my car.

I kind of want to trailer my car so I can beat up on some stock SSs in my tow vehicle, LOL.


SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
Cheesehead1
 
Cheesehead1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post

I kind of want to trailer my car so I can beat up on some stock SSs in my tow vehicle, LOL.


yeah ok. LOL
__________________
CAI Inductions Cai, GHL Catback, MGW shifter, Phadt Trailing arms, 20% tint, Skip shift elim, Heritage grill, Black tail light bezels. best time 12.85 @ 110 2.04 60'
Cheesehead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,444
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Ok, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack from some, but here it is: I live in North West Tennessee and I plan on going to C5 fest. I want to use my drag radials but I don't want to drive that far on them and they won't go inside the trunk or car. I have this tiny inclosed padded trailer that would be great for hauling a compressor, hydraulic jack, some tools and my drag radials. I've looked and there are trailer hitches of just the right size to haul this little trailer and they say they're hidden from view and cost about $150. They couldn't weigh more than 15lbs and they say there's no need to drill holes. What do you all think of the idea?
Hey, You live in an area where there will be a ton of cars passing fairly close... The Texas and points West caravans will be in the area... We could probably find someone coming by that could carry the tires for you...There will be lots of Camaro's on trailers behind trucks... Mine may be one of them, and a little detour is no problem.. Just offering
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,444
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
yeah ok. LOL
Careful there...you don't know what lurks...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y
 
SUX2BU's Avatar
 
Drives: FAST
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sachse TX (DFW)
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
yeah ok. LOL
Judging from your sig you would be a good race for The Beast.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
Cheesehead1
 
Cheesehead1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Careful there...you don't know what lurks...
His camaro runs 12.35 Escalade runs 12.84. Hmm
__________________
CAI Inductions Cai, GHL Catback, MGW shifter, Phadt Trailing arms, 20% tint, Skip shift elim, Heritage grill, Black tail light bezels. best time 12.85 @ 110 2.04 60'
Cheesehead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
ParisTNDude

 
ParisTNDude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, TN
Posts: 1,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey, You live in an area where there will be a ton of cars passing fairly close... The Texas and points West caravans will be in the area... We could probably find someone coming by that could carry the tires for you...There will be lots of Camaro's on trailers behind trucks... Mine may be one of them, and a little detour is no problem.. Just offering
What a great offer...as we get closer, I will certainly be contacting you. That would be a better plan than the trailer. I will let you know.
__________________
Current ride: 2006 Corvette, LG long tube headers, HF cats, Xpipe, Vararam, Vmax ported throttle body, Z06 bi-mode axle backs, Fast LSXR 102 intake, DynoSpeed tune




Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...html?r=1"]2010
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #9
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y
 
SUX2BU's Avatar
 
Drives: FAST
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sachse TX (DFW)
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
His camaro runs 12.35 Escalade runs 12.84. Hmm
Here's a sneek peek. Please excuse the crappy 60 foot because it blew the front tires off.

SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
Cheesehead1
 
Cheesehead1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey, You live in an area where there will be a ton of cars passing fairly close... The Texas and points West caravans will be in the area... We could probably find someone coming by that could carry the tires for you...There will be lots of Camaro's on trailers behind trucks... Mine may be one of them, and a little detour is no problem.. Just offering
Good Deal!!
__________________
CAI Inductions Cai, GHL Catback, MGW shifter, Phadt Trailing arms, 20% tint, Skip shift elim, Heritage grill, Black tail light bezels. best time 12.85 @ 110 2.04 60'
Cheesehead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #11
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y
 
SUX2BU's Avatar
 
Drives: FAST
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sachse TX (DFW)
Posts: 5,817
Sorry for the tread highjack, but I will gladly carry parts for anyone if I do trailer my car.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,444
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
What a great offer...as we get closer, I will certainly be contacting you. That would be a better plan than the trailer. I will let you know.
I had a friend drag my car on a trailer last year after I broke half way there.... That's what we do....Certainly keep me in mind....If I can't, I bet I can find someone else that would...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #13
Cheesehead1
 
Cheesehead1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Here's a sneek peek. Please excuse the crappy 60 foot because it blew the front tires off.

Thats bada$$!! I was finding my timeslip and I ran 8.371@86.64.
That would be close.
__________________
CAI Inductions Cai, GHL Catback, MGW shifter, Phadt Trailing arms, 20% tint, Skip shift elim, Heritage grill, Black tail light bezels. best time 12.85 @ 110 2.04 60'
Cheesehead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #14
Cheesehead1
 
Cheesehead1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 157
To the OP. If money's not and issue and you dont have drill, I would.
__________________
CAI Inductions Cai, GHL Catback, MGW shifter, Phadt Trailing arms, 20% tint, Skip shift elim, Heritage grill, Black tail light bezels. best time 12.85 @ 110 2.04 60'
Cheesehead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #15
Smkymts
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 115
I put one on my 2011 Camaro Convertible and it look fine. No drilling easy on and easy off if u don't like it. I pull a motorcycle size teardrop trailer. I had a cover plate fabricated to cover it up. But it isn't needed.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #16
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y
 
SUX2BU's Avatar
 
Drives: FAST
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sachse TX (DFW)
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post
I put one on my 2011 Camaro Convertible and it look fine. No drilling easy on and easy off if u don't like it. I pull a motorcycle size teardrop trailer. I had a cover plate fabricated to cover it up. But it isn't needed.
How dare you post this with out pics!
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Trailer Hitch Upgrade Thread: DJ ATOMIX Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 98 09-11-2014 02:26 PM
Headers and Catback, Trailer hitch. moonlight5 Local Marketplace 11 10-18-2011 09:44 AM
WTS - CURT Trailer Hitch for 2010-11 Camaro crashbubba Exterior Parts & Accessories 4 10-12-2011 03:48 PM
Trailer hitch on 11VertSS w/gfx HDRDTD Camaro Convertible Forum 7 03-21-2011 11:20 PM
John Thornton Chevrolet Trailer at Camaro5Fest ljustin293 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I) 17 05-28-2010 02:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.