Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
jph2275
 
jph2275's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I have had my SGM for a year now and love the car. I have had allot of compliments over the year. One that stands out in my mind is about a gate guard. One day coming through the gate she said nice car. I of course trying not to sound conceded say thank you and drove through. About two weeks later as I was leaving she screamed a woot type of call at my car. That was startling, as it was quite loud. I love my SGM as much if not more than the gate guard. As I too scream woot inside each day I get to drive it.

Anyway this leads me to my quandary. A close friend of mine knows I have been looking for a SGM M6 V8 for some time. I found one and the time was just not right for that purchase. Then I found another one and waited till a Friday and that was gone. So I am thinking about the new 1LE's. I can afford one in about 6 months. My wife does not want me to get rid of my car. As she likes the green. She even told me that if the 1LE came in SGM, that I could buy it no problem.

Truth is I really love my SGM. To get rid of it even for a better car I will feel sick to my stomach. Anyone owning a car ever feel this way. Knowing they love the car they currently own. But wanting another car and deciding to trade in the one they love. Maybe I should get a white 1LE and save the money for a SGM paint job. I was on the verge of purchasing rims for my car. Now.... I am going to wait it out....

DARN YOU GM!!!! Why do your cars have to keep getting better....

Here is hoping that GM doesnt do this to me again in six months. lol....
Reminds me of my dodge ram hemi rumble bee. I got it new from dealership, drove it off showroom floor, spent junior/senior year of high school in it and fresh/soph years of college in it. Made so many memories, everyone knew me because of the rumble bee (and if you know what a rumble bee is, you'd understand why they stick out as much as a sgm camaro). I put blood sweat tears and mods into it ...

THAN

This attractive nuisance called an STi came along and I just HAD to have it. Well, I sold the truck and got the STi. Than in a few weeks I was driving along the motor mile in Austin enjoying the nice blue alcantara seats in it and there *she* was at a Suzuki dealership getting ready to be test driven by some folks


Made me feel like I was watching another man hold my girlfriends hand

So eventually I lost interest in the STi, sold it, and still miss the rumble bee. Doubt I'll ever see it again :( its # was 3332. Maybe someday ...

Be careful, I live the regret. However, I was far more emotionally attached so ...

My .02
__________________
Pat
2010 2SS/RS M6


Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
3.91's, TSP Longtubes, SWG Tune, Vararam, and a heavy foot
jph2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
jph2275
 
jph2275's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 444
photos
Attached Images
  
__________________
Pat
2010 2SS/RS M6


Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
3.91's, TSP Longtubes, SWG Tune, Vararam, and a heavy foot
jph2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhardy2008 View Post
lol if i could do a even swap for a zl1 i would trade my 12 2ls in a heart beat...love my car v6 pretty car, quick interior is nice and ofcourse looks great but the i mean come on a zl1 or a v6 12 camaro
Yeah but that's you and your car. This is my first car, the first car I've ever worked on, the first car I've literally bled for, and whole bunch of other things. This is my dream car.

No way a ZL1 is worth giving that up. Plus, I should be able to afford a ZL1 in full within my first year of working in approximately ~5 or so years, so I'll just wait until then
__________________
.



Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #18
samhardy2008
 
samhardy2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 3.6 camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tyler
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph2275 View Post
photos
argghhhhh im blinded
__________________
samhardy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
jph2275
 
jph2275's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhardy2008 View Post
argghhhhh im blinded
Oh, good. Heres a couple more for you than

Really love that vararam hemi under glass intake
Attached Images
     
__________________
Pat
2010 2SS/RS M6


Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
3.91's, TSP Longtubes, SWG Tune, Vararam, and a heavy foot
jph2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #20
StangKiller-SS

 
Drives: GM products
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,622
Personally I wouldn't hesitate on trading from an LS to 1LE if it were me. However I'd pick a color for the 1LE that is likely the rarest and least seen on a 1LE.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #21
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 5,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
Personally I wouldn't hesitate on trading from an LS to 1LE if it were me. However I'd pick a color for the 1LE that is likely the rarest and least seen on a 1LE.
That would probably be the new BRM.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
Mutant Racer

 
Mutant Racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I have had my SGM for a year now and love the car. I have had allot of compliments over the year. One that stands out in my mind is about a gate guard. One day coming through the gate she said nice car. I of course trying not to sound conceded say thank you and drove through. About two weeks later as I was leaving she screamed a woot type of call at my car. That was startling, as it was quite loud. I love my SGM as much if not more than the gate guard. As I too scream woot inside each day I get to drive it.

Anyway this leads me to my quandary. A close friend of mine knows I have been looking for a SGM M6 V8 for some time. I found one and the time was just not right for that purchase. Then I found another one and waited till a Friday and that was gone. So I am thinking about the new 1LE's. I can afford one in about 6 months. My wife does not want me to get rid of my car. As she likes the green. She even told me that if the 1LE came in SGM, that I could buy it no problem.

Truth is I really love my SGM. To get rid of it even for a better car I will feel sick to my stomach. Anyone owning a car ever feel this way. Knowing they love the car they currently own. But wanting another car and deciding to trade in the one they love. Maybe I should get a white 1LE and save the money for a SGM paint job. I was on the verge of purchasing rims for my car. Now.... I am going to wait it out....

DARN YOU GM!!!! Why do your cars have to keep getting better....

Here is hoping that GM doesnt do this to me again in six months. lol....

Don't blame you for wanting the 1LE, it is great, but since you are considering here is a different point of view.

Unless you are really going to go to the track that package will be nothing more than a novelty, since you love what you have now to give it up for a bragging right seems silly. I'm not bashing, if that's what you want then more power to you, but you could take the car you love now and mod it with higher quality parts than the 1LE, skip the trade it in process, and really have something very special and be better off with a car that does more. Literally the best of both worlds.

In short I'd wait before making a purchase just to have "the next big thing" and make sure my money is going where it should.

Nothing wrong of course if you go for it, I'll envy that ride as much as anybody and if you are hitting the track you are going to love those turns, but best of luck and let us know what you decide.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #23
Russell James


 
Russell James's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 Drag, #37 TA Stock Car, '15 ILE
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 3,787
For custom paint, get black. Most of the custom painted GM show cars start out down the line as black. White would stand out quite a bit under the hood, and under the car. With black you can leave a lot of areas black and most people would never even realize the complete color was changed. It's a huge cost saver not to take the engine out and paint the engine compartment and just leave it black under there.

Order a 1LE up as black with hood vinyl deleted. Then repaint the car SGM, paint the hood flat black. You'd have a one of a kind SGM 1LE, wife approved.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,545
Sorry havent been on for a while. I have always wanted a SS. I purchased the 1LS as it was what I could afford. Do I love the car yes, am I going for the next best thing no. Since my ownership I have found out that well I dont always take the time to mod my car. So I thought why not just buy the 1LE with the mods I would like. My job has changed and yes I can now more afford a 1LE. Also the advice of buying a black one to have it painted, great advice. Now sit and wait for the option to be available...
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #25
samhardy2008
 
samhardy2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 3.6 camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tyler
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph2275 View Post
Oh, good. Heres a couple more for you than

Really love that vararam hemi under glass intake
lmao im just giving you a hard time! i like those trucks...throw some srt wheels off the srt truck on it and they are good lookin trucks...i will say i love the way a hemi sounds with a exhaust
__________________
samhardy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #26
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,112
If you like your color then go find one in an SS version. You can then do most of the upgrades to it that will for the most part match the 1LE.

Get some 3.91 gears, add some coilovers, some lightweight wheels, upgrade the Swaybars (Pfadt is now making a upgrade to match the 1LE/ZL1), add an MGW shifter. You should be pretty close to a 1LE at that point. Probably a bit cheaper as well.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #27
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,545
Wife said keep the SGM and Get the 1LE, if still available in Aug. its a done deal. I will have two Camaros then a V6 SGM and a Red 1LE. lol... one for work and one for play.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #28
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,158
^sweet, congrats
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.