Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Dash kit and head unit?

I am thinking about getting a dash kit and head unit to replace my stock radio, and I have no idea which Kit or head unit to get, or even if I should replace the stock radio. For me the number one feature with my radio is being able to hook up my iPhone through Bluetooth. I also want to keep all the features that I currently have with my stock radio. So I want to keep, steering controls, blue tooth calling...etc. what do y'all think would be a good choice for both a kit and a head unit? Are there kits/head units out there that will allow me to keep using my steering controls, blue tooth calling...etc? Thanks guys!
Aubrey64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
i think this is a repeat post.

Anyways to your questions:
what do y'all think would be a good choice for both a kit and a head unit?This is subjective. Based on people taste and requirements.

Are there kits/head units out there that will allow me to keep using my steering controls, blue tooth calling...etc Yes - plenty of people here with double din and dash kit.. just search to see what they did and how its working.

Are you even going to install this yourself? If not go talk to an installer. Mobile sound systems in arlington did mine.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
DORMEUS007
Aegis Reflector

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I am thinking about getting a dash kit and head unit to replace my stock radio, and I have no idea which Kit or head unit to get, or even if I should replace the stock radio. For me the number one feature with my radio is being able to hook up my iPhone through Bluetooth. I also want to keep all the features that I currently have with my stock radio. So I want to keep, steering controls, blue tooth calling...etc. what do y'all think would be a good choice for both a kit and a head unit? Are there kits/head units out there that will allow me to keep using my steering controls, blue tooth calling...etc? Thanks guys!
I have the Metra Kit with a Pioneer z120bt. My steering wheel functions work. I can make calls and listen to music via bluetooth. Hope this information helps.

2SS/RS Black [Manual], Inferno Orange Interior, Sunroof, Ground Effects, Inferno Orange Rally stripes, 20" Polished Rims, Pfadt Stage 3 Suspension, RotoFab intake, E-Force S/C (3.25" pulley), ARH 1 7/8 LT, Flowmaster, RX catch can, Torq Custom Grind CAM and more mods to come...
DORMEUS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
SMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Look at the new Sony stuff, they are top of the line currently. At least that is how I feel and we carry every brand on the market. Good price, tons of options, and a really cool user interface.

Not to mention the new mirror link
SMADE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, dash kit, head unit, radio, touchscreen