Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #101
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Oh man, those TX clubs' cars are so nice. Makes me envious. :/
Upgraded Vortech V3 Si || Comp Blower Cam || Eibach Lowering Springs || Black Heritage Grill || ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ X-Pipe and Gutted HF Cats & Muffler Delete || Hand Ported/Polished TB || Barton Short Throw w/ Custom Maltese Pistol Grip

WTB: 1000HP Axles, Driveshaft - PM Me

650RWHP - Daily Driver
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #102
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS

This thread has taken a complete 180 turn

It's all good though bc I can't wait for next fest
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #103
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
The sooner the better. I'll need to start saving up for gas now if it's going to be a 30 hour drive to Texas lol. Lord know how much gas will be a year from now.
Not to get political, but we better start reaping the benefits of the Middle East after spending god knows amount of money to be over there for the past 10 years!
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #104
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Not to get political, but we better start reaping the benefits of the Middle East after spending god knows amount of money to be over there for the past 10 years!
Ain't this the truth. Would have been easier to evacuate women and children then drop the big bombs
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #105
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
I assume we'll know in the next few months

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #106
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow

Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #107
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I love those meme's

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #108
robnapier

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Adam, and others who shared their feelings, thank you. I appreciate you letting us know how you feel and will consider your feelings in the future.

Long caravans can work, but as we figured out this time, they do not work as well for long distances. What i learned was, if the caravan is going to be that large, it should be broken into smaller groups and brought together at a meeting place close to the destination for arrival. For those who felt that they are disasters waiting to happen, you also learned about your comfort zone. In the future i am sure you will make decision based on your experiences.

I am very proud of my group, from the beginner to the expert, we all came together to do something difficult and trying for the sake of togetherness. Mission accomplished.

Fyi, the speeds in the front were below posted speeds 95 percent of the drive. As you stated, reaction time became very dangerous the closer we got. Also, fyi, no one at the front of the caravan got pulled since as we went through Indy the leader never broke 50 mph. Not taking your post personal, but i was there the whole weekend, and never received feedback face to face from you until now. I would have shared my learned lessons then.

Thanks again for the thread.
Edog, you did an amazing job with a focus on both safety and organization. Can't thank you enough for the work you put into this and the gracious attitude you, and others in your group, in welcoming everyone to the caravan. Instead of dwelling on an unfortunate mishap, just want to drop you a line and make sure you know what the big picture is. You run with a great bunch of guys and girls. I'm very happy to have met everyone.

Thanks again!

-Robert
robnapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #109
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
I didn't do the cruz Thursday so I can't write about it. As for the trip out, I saw a little bit good and bad. Ernie busted his butt organizing our trip. Rule has always been to run no more than 5mph over posted speed. Everyone should have a Garmin to get you to your destination. If it felt unsafe, by all means go at your own pace. I never had a chance to set cruise control due to braking. Accident could have happened to any one of us. Tripwire is super nice. I know he feels bad enough and doesn't need us writing rumors about what happened.
I think we can all learn from what happened. We need to break the pack up next time into groups of 10 to 15. Have a group meeting before getting on the road. Set guide lines up prior to departure. Save the racing for the track. All in all - we know what not to do for future trips. Hope everyone made it home safe. Thanks Ernie. Time to plan for Texas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #110
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Bump ....Mark. I keep hearing this reference to Texas! Could there be anything to this rumor? Enjoyed making the run with you and Michael as usual!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #111
TRIPWIRE
Chillin Like a Villain

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss Aqua Blue Metallic
First off i would like to say that my car is not totaled im not sure who you spoke to but they were misinformed, my car is a t&t performance getting repaired.

Second people can say what they want to say but they were not in the car and they were not there so they dont know what they are talking about. Like edog said if anyone was gonna say anything why didnt they say it to my face at the fest why write on the internet and be a little bitch about it....... especially if you werent even there

Last edited by TRIPWIRE; 08-10-2012 at 09:25 AM.
TRIPWIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #112
jewel25

Drives: Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPWIRE View Post
First off i would like to say that my car is not totaled im not sure who you spoke to but they were misinformed, my car is a t&t performance getting repaired.

Second people can say what they want to say but they were not in the car and they were not there so they dont know what they are talking about. Like edog said if anyone was gonna say anything why didnt they say it to my face at the fest why write on the internet and be a little bitch about it....... especially if you werent even there
I talked to the insurance adjustor handling the claim. That is great news about your car and I am glad you are getting it fixed. Mine can't not be seen by the adjustor for another week so no driving for me.

I don't understand why you quoted me. I have been defending you for days now. At fest and on the forums. Shit happens so let's all get over it and move on. I am not mad at you or have any anything to say to you that is negative. I was going to send you a PM and see how you were holding up but I didn't know your username.

If I wanted to say something to your face I know where you live :P
Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #113
TRIPWIRE
Chillin Like a Villain

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss Aqua Blue Metallic
i didnt mean the second part to you i know you have been defending me and thank you i meant the second part towards everyone else.....
Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #114
jewel25

Drives: Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPWIRE View Post
i didnt mean the second part to you i know you have been defending me and thank you i meant the second part towards everyone else.....
Ohhh good

I didn't want to cause any drama. We live too close to one other for that. I was heart broken to see your car and I hope for a quick recovery.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #115
Nvincent4708
Former 2011 LSX/SS Owner

Drives: '94 Z28 / LSX Swapped
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
Ohhh good

I didn't want to cause any drama. We live too close to one other for that. I was heart broken to see your car and I hope for a quick recovery.
i thought you quit c5?
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #116
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
The Cruise was cool until most of the people forgot the rules of the road like following too close, I believe that no matter how many groups we separate into if a person doesnt drive safely on a normal basis they arent going to do it in a group either. Thanks for all the effort you put into organizing the meetups and cruises Edog even though it may not have went as smoothly as anticipated you cant hold eveyones hand the whole way there.

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote