Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #4929
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Now I really feel retarded.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #4930
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I know there are a ton of Clutch Reservoir DIY's out there.

But here's mine.

Nicely done Grasshopper.

With purity of heart a blind man can see. To achieve perfection you must search both Heaven and Earth. An empty hole is unknown in value until you fill it. Free yourself from the the bonds of the Earth to find perfection for your Clutch Reservoir installation.



perfection
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #4931
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
wow... now if I can just snatch that damn pebble from your hand... I'll be good to go...




Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Now I really feel retarded.
LOL The guys helping me with my brakes did it while I was doing something else...

For some reason looking at the new reservoir installed made a lot more sense than just holding it in my hand.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #4932
Redemption
Just Because!
 
Redemption's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 6,909
Good god man, what did you do to the top of that coilover? That nut is decimated!

righty-tighty, lefty-loosey


Lololol
__________________
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #4933
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
wow... now if I can just snatch that damn pebble from your hand... I'll be good to go...


The answer is written to those who look closely.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #4934
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Good god man, what did you do to the top of that coilover? That nut is decimated!

righty-tighty, lefty-loosey


Lololol
actually it looks like a little bit of rust on the nut.. the shape is intact if you look closely.

Chris must be hanging out at the beach in the salt spray...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #4935
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
That nuts been off and on probably 20 times (easily). The nut in the picture that is.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #4936
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Good god man, what did you do to the top of that coilover? That nut is decimated!

righty-tighty, lefty-loosey


Lololol
OH man... that nut was a B!TC# to get on... I had to use the impact wrench to loosen the threads on the stock struts before I could get it on the Pedders coilovers with hand tools.

Both of them were way tight... IIRC they are a lock nut so they get tighter the further down you go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The answer is written to those who look closely.
... something to strive for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
actually it looks like a little bit of rust on the nut.. the shape is intact if you look closely.

Chris must be hanging out at the beach in the salt spray...
Were you staking me this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That nuts been off and on probably 20 times (easily). The nut in the picture that is.
see above.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #4937
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,520
alright, i'm lost now.
why'd you need a new clutch reservoir?
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #4938
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
OH man... that nut was a B!TC# to get on... I had to use the impact wrench to loosen the threads on the stock struts before I could get it on the Pedders coilovers with hand tools.

Both of them were way tight... IIRC they are a lock nut so they get tighter the further down you go....



... something to strive for.



Were you staking me this weekend.



:werd: see above.
Chris.. You been drinking today? you are spelling funny...
... or are you sending subliminal messages to someone? LOL


No STALKING.. just trying to be nice, for once, and stand up for you...
Look what it got me... labeled as a staker... LOL
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #4939
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
alright, i'm lost now.
why'd you need a new clutch reservoir?
Because there isn't a separate resevoir. It shares the brake fluid resevoir.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #4940
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
alright, i'm lost now.
why'd you need a new clutch reservoir?
see below Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Chris.. You been drinking today? you are spelling funny...
... or are you sending subliminal messages to someone? LOL


No STALKING.. just trying to be nice, for once, and stand up for you...
Look what it got me... labeled as a staker... LOL
fixed... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Because there isn't a separate resevoir. It shares the brake fluid resevoir.
This! we get some nasty clutch dust contamination from the shared reservoir.

Separating it keeps the brake fluid... cleaner...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #4941
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Because there isn't a separate resevoir. It shares the brake fluid resevoir.
Yes you want a separate clutch fluid reservoir. you don't want contaminants in the brake system.

And if you drive a standard transmission, the clutch fluid picks up a whole lot of clutch particle dust from the slave cylander. The fluid needs to be changed out occasionally.

I used to use a baby's snot sucker - looks like this, to suck up the old fluid and then add fresh fluid in the clutch reservoir.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #4942
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Because there isn't a separate resevoir. It shares the brake fluid resevoir.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Yes you want a separate clutch fluid reservoir. you don't want contaminants in the brake system.

And if you drive a standard transmission, the clutch fluid picks up a whole lot of clutch particle dust from the slave cylander. The fluid needs to be changed out occasionally.

I used to use a baby's snot sucker - looks like this, to suck up the old fluid and then add fresh fluid in the clutch reservoir.
i understand why you want separate reservoirs & the whole clutch dust in the fluid & all...
but you're telling me that y'all's cars have a combined clutch & brake reservoir?!
that just seems like a ridiculous lack of engineering right there

and for mine, i have a big kitchen syringe with the tip of the needle cut off flat i'm guessing y'all typically just do the ranger method do clean your fluid?
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
gta has no internets, gta needs glasses, is there a car here?, mrs. gtahvit > gtahvit, they stay on the mantle, weak car needs more power

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All order status requests in here (up to status 3800). List of Order Status Codes. GTAHVIT Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 54431 Today 01:34 AM
Build from Scratch The_Blur Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 18 04-23-2010 09:39 PM
Missing "Ladies of Camaro 5" thread comment.... Silverado Off-topic Discussions 2 10-08-2009 12:23 PM
Why An april build is just as good as a March build Sean_W Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 10 02-07-2009 02:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.