Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 08-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
boozeitup

Drives: 2011 2ss Vert
Solo Performance

I don't post often but I do and have been monitoring this site for over two years learning and enjoying other camaro and non camaro owners experiences. I wanted to tell my tale of getting my Solo j pipe axle back sysytem for my 2011 camaro vert 2ss/rs in Kenmore New York at Mufflerman.

I live in southern Pennsylvania by the Maryland border and have been waiting and researching systems for my vert that would not be obnoxious to my neighbors but would give my car that muscle car sound. I settled on Solo Performance after doing tons of research compliments of this awsome web site. I also noticed their free install policy at their four locations and lo and behold one was in Buffalo New York my home town.

I had to go back last weekend to get together with old friends so I contacted Bob at Mufflerman and explained my situation and what I wanted. He said come on in we have everything here and you do not need an appointment. I told him I really want this system and would pay now. He said no need to we will have it and get you up and running within an hour and I could pay then. I said ok.

So I shuffle off to Buffalo and arrive Saturday morning at 11am. They put the car on the lift and three or four guys start looking underneath my car while my cousin and I are sitting in the waiting room. They call me out and explain a little about the sysytem getting my ideas on what I want, what I was looking for and so on. That decided the manger of the shop Bob says you want to take a look around at our setup. I said sure so we tour the warehouse and he shows me what they do and all the vehicles they supply exhaust systems for. Pretty cool and fairly extensive and Bob is incredibily knowledgeable.

Within an hour my system is done and they fire it up. I look at Jason the man who was working on my system and he knows it just is not what I was looking for. He explained why and said it needed one modification that would give me what I want. I said do it!! He throws it up on the lift and they do it and bam that sound I was looking for emerged. Not obnoxious but a good blend of rumble and roar.

I just want to say thank you to all the guys at the shop and Solo Performance for a great system and a free t-shirt. From start to finish the experience was well worth a six hour drive. The six hour drive home in my vert had no drone (my wife slept like a baby for half of it). Thanks again Solo Performance and Mufflerman of Kenmore NY!!
boozeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by boozeitup View Post
Within an hour my system is done and they fire it up. I look at Jason the man who was working on my system and he knows it just is not what I was looking for. He explained why and said it needed one modification that would give me what I want. I said do it!! He throws it up on the lift and they do it and bam that sound I was looking for emerged. Not obnoxious but a good blend of rumble and roar.
What were you not looking for and what was the modification needed to give you what you wanted?
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
boozeitup

Drives: 2011 2ss Vert
It was to restrictive on the exhaust note and they opened up the valve on the pipe to give it a throaty roar. Nice rumble not overly loud!
boozeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
I bought my Solo high flow cats from the Solo shop in Canada and they did an amazing job. I had a slight header leak and stopped into the Kenmore shop in the off chance they could look at it, 10 minutes later it was fixed (for free) and I was on my way.

I highly recommend Solo to everyone who asks about my exhaust.