Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Warranty/insurance question?

My dad bought me my camaro in June for a graduation gift, and since then I have been eager to start making some modifications. I have a warranty for about 2 years, and if I was to make a change to my car that violated my warranty my dad would be so mad at me. So I was wondering which mods will violate warranty? I know you can't list them all, but like would adding HUD, ZL1 Bumper, Painting dash trim..etc Also, will cosmetic mods cause the insurance to go up? Thanks for the help!
Aubrey64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
Tayap79

Drives: 2013 Victorty Red Camaro 2SS
Mods that will void the warranty are headers, new cats, a tune, etc. Cosmetic should not affect the warranty. Though if you put on a new grill and then go tear it up, don't expect the warranty to cover it.

Call your dealer and talk to them, some are more leniant than others.
Tayap79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Cosmetic mods won't affect your insurance (unless you go in and ask for additional coverage for aftermarket parts). But, after an accident your insurance will probably only pay for OEM replacement parts.

If you still have B2B coverage, be careful with electrical mods like adding HUD. They could refuse to cover a lot of electrical related repairs if they see HUD or stereo mods. And these cars have a ton of complex electronics

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, mods, violoations, warranty