Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #2041
rmyers

 
rmyers's Avatar
 
Drives: Both American Made
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Say GM does build a Z28 for the last hurrah of the 5th gen to pave the way for the 6th gen. Say it does get the LS7 and the other described upgrades in this thread.

Where does it fit in the current camaro lineup. Inbetween 1LE and ZL1?
I would say the 1LE is the precursor to the Z/28.

The Z/28 would fit in the lineup in the same way the Z06 fits for the Corvette lineup.

ZL1=ZR1
Z/28=Z06
SS=Grand Sport

I for one think the current SS moniker is applicable to the performance of the cars.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #2042
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I would say the 1LE is the precursor to the Z/28.

The Z/28 would fit in the lineup in the same way the Z06 fits for the Corvette lineup.

ZL1=ZR1
Z/28=Z06
SS=Grand Sport

I for one think the current SS moniker is applicable to the performance of the cars.
It's more appropriate to say

ZL1 = ZR1
Z/28 = Z06
1LE = Grand Sport
SS = Base Vette
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #2043
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I would say the 1LE is the precursor to the Z/28.

The Z/28 would fit in the lineup in the same way the Z06 fits for the Corvette lineup.

ZL1=ZR1
Z/28=Z06
SS=Grand Sport

I for one think the current SS moniker is applicable to the performance of the cars.
That makes sense
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #2044
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It's more appropriate to say

ZL1 = ZR1
Z/28 = Z06
1LE = Grand Sport
SS = Base Vette
I agree.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #2045
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I agree.
...as well as I. Good analogy there Bhobbs...
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #2046
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,079
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It's more appropriate to say

ZL1 = ZR1
Z/28 = Z06
1LE = Grand Sport
SS = Base Vette
thats more or less how I equate things
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #2047
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I would say the 1LE is the precursor to the Z/28.
I have felt the same way for sometime now. It's a tweener, heading towards....? All roads lead somewhere, where is the 1LE heading? Z/28 land...perhaps. Check it's "ingredients" per se. It's a carefully blended performance hybrid SS with just the right blend of all off the shelf ingredients and a pinch of customized spice specifically designed for track consumption. Just read Joe's write up on it. It's stout and light <as compared to it's big brother ZL1>, square on the right wheels and rubber, enhanced in damper, sway bay, and suspension. It's as light as it's gonna get in the 5th gen trim. And that 3.91 with the gearbox ratio makes it quicker in acceleration. LS3 426 HP is nice, but a LS7 505 HP would make the car a true Z/28....no doubt about it. If they build it tomorrow, in the current 1LE platform as is, with a LS7, I will sell my ZL1. There are no majic bullets, no new LS motors coming. Precursor, forerunner? I can certainly see that happening. The price could come in under 50K. Lowdown has presented many times before it possibly could be done the 47K range I believe. And I think it would be suitable for any of us, even the most diehard of the 6 OG Z guys this would be what we could live with, and want to buy.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #2048
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I have felt the same way for sometime now. It's a tweener, heading towards....? All roads lead somewhere, where is the 1LE heading? Z/28 land...perhaps. Check it's "ingredients" per se. It's a carefully blended performance hybrid SS with just the right blend of all off the shelf ingredients and a pinch of customized spice specifically designed for track consumption. Just read Joe's write up on it. It's stout and light <as compared to it's big brother ZL1>, square on the right wheels and rubber, enhanced in damper, sway bay, and suspension. It's as light as it's gonna get in the 5th gen trim. And that 3.91 with the gearbox ratio makes it quicker in acceleration. LS3 426 HP is nice, but a LS7 505 HP would make the car a true Z/28....no doubt about it. If they build it tomorrow, in the current 1LE platform as is, with a LS7, I will sell my ZL1. There are no majic bullets, no new LS motors coming. Precursor, forerunner? I can certainly see that happening. The price could come in under 50K. Lowdown has presented many times before it possibly could be done the 47K range I believe. And I think it would be suitable for any of us, even the most diehard of the 6 OG Z guys this would be what we could live with, and want to buy.
1LE with an LS7? Yep, I could go for that in a heartbeat!!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #2049
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,598
I agree.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #2050
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,857
...GM..we got three orders....can we start now.....please?
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #2051
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,442
Make that 4...

If the 1LE runs as good as it does with 426 the suspension must work pretty damn good. Add 80 HP and it should run pretty damn close to ZL1 territory.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #2052
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,079
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
and thats 5
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #2053
68vert
 
68vert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 745
Still hoping we get a 5th gen Z28....assuming we do, whats your prediction on when we get the announcement?
__________________
2010 SIM SS/RS see garage for mods
68vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #2054
DanSS24

 
DanSS24's Avatar
 
Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 808
Posts: 1,197
Let's see...the change in platform is coming in 2015 for 2016 MY, so i'm gonna take a wild guess and say 2015 MY.
__________________

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #2055
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,642
I guess I'm 6th in line.
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #2056
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
Still hoping we get a 5th gen Z28....assuming we do, whats your prediction on when we get the announcement?
This Winter.
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #2057
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
I'm 28th in line....
__________________
3 months to go!
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BREAKING: 2012 CAMARO ZL1 - 6.2L LSA Supercharged - 6MT Revealed! Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 756 05-01-2013 07:22 AM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 01:45 AM
Installation Camaro Needed for Manual for a Justice Install Package in SF Bay Area Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - California 6 04-30-2010 09:02 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 07:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.