Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,448
Gunny, nice job on the car and the thread!...You're right, it's a good thing to share ideas for these cars....congrats!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
Its about time you started a journal.
Looks great bro!
I know bro! Heard it one too many times and broke down. I don't think I'll ever be at the COTW level like you guys. But at least I can track the progress...or lack there of. LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
Car looks awesome Gunny...u might have a long way to go (as u say) but ur definitely off to a good start...keep it up
Thanks Tee, you and Rob are truly doing it Big Time. I cant wait to see your COTW finished. Hint, Rob spilled the beans a lil about the front. I'm jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Oh boy here we go love it brother, you have done a kick ass job with your WHIP and i love it, i see COTW in the future even if some voters are haters, lol! Glad you finally took the plunge to this part of the forum!
Tim, you got on me enough. Just now getting around to it. So, here goes nothing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Gunny, nice job on the car and the thread!...You're right, it's a good thing to share ideas for these cars....congrats!
Thanks Tom! I tell ya, your retro 5th Gen is looking great. SoCal ers for life! LoL
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #20
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,430
Definitely not here goes nothing! My brother Aaron your ride is one sick ass WHIP and i love what you have done to it, you have definitely made it yours brother!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #21
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Definitely not here goes nothing! My brother Aaron your ride is one sick ass WHIP and i love what you have done to it, you have definitely made it yours brother!
Thanks Tim. Man, that means a lot coming from you. It'll take me a lot longer, and probably not as nice as yours...but it's definitely shaping up to what I want it to be. Thanks for everything you've helped me with my friend.
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #22
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Just a few days after I joined, went to a meet up/cruise for Marine1991's deployment to Afghanistan. There I met some SoCal Mayhem, SoCal HT, IECC, SoCal Race Team members. A few pics!






In one way or another, each of these cars gave me some kind of inspiration. That was the first time I realized how unique each member makes their Camaro. From the all stocks, to the wildest custom jobs...I like them all.
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #23
Dizzy

 
Dizzy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2ss
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: reseda, Ca
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
In one way or another, each of these cars gave me some kind of inspiration. That was the first time I realized how unique each member makes their Camaro. From the all stocks, to the wildest custom jobs...I like them all.
damn brotha thats deep
__________________
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #24
moises
 
moises's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newark/fremont CA
Posts: 68
i like the wheels
moises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #25
Sickwitit
 
Sickwitit's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, Faster, and O My God...!
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 321
Hey AJ,
My dude I need not comment on this beast...great looking ride that belongs to a great guy.
Sorry bro I've been MIA for a minute, so I was slow to get at you.

I will subscribe to this thread...cause I know how you get down, LIKE A BOSS...keep it coming my friend..

Last edited by Sickwitit; 09-02-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #26
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Thanks Tim. Man, that means a lot coming from you. It'll take me a lot longer, and probably not as nice as yours...but it's definitely shaping up to what I want it to be. Thanks for everything you've helped me with my friend.
Next time your in my neck of the woods let me know we will go out and have a good time! We might be driving down in November after i get back from the Bahamas with the wife i am thinking Disneyland before all the kids grow up and move out!
Check out my build thread of what i went out and did today with my boys, lol! Cliff diving brother!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,430
Gunny i wished i had the group of guys you have assembled on the BS thread all are so willing to help out and go the extra mile for another person who shares the same passion! That my friend is what we call close friendships!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #28
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
Woohoo!! You made a build thread!

Congrats my friend. Your car looks absolutely amazing and it's clear you have great taste. I love everything you've done to the car so far, and I am eager to see what mods are in your future. Let me know if you ever need any help with installing stuff and I'll do the best I can. We should all have a mod day.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #29
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Woohoo!! You made a build thread!

Congrats my friend. Your car looks absolutely amazing and it's clear you have great taste. I love everything you've done to the car so far, and I am eager to see what mods are in your future. Let me know if you ever need any help with installing stuff and I'll do the best I can. We should all have a mod day.

Tony Robbins is back
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #30
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Next time your in my neck of the woods let me know we will go out and have a good time! We might be driving down in November after i get back from the Bahamas with the wife i am thinking Disneyland before all the kids grow up and move out!
Check out my build thread of what i went out and did today with my boys, lol! Cliff diving brother!
I've got some family in Seattle (didn't know that when I was up there), so I might go visit my cousin Marcus next summer. I hope you and the fam makes it down here. Let us know bro! We're always looking fr a reason to and hang out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Gunny i wished i had the group of guys you have assembled on the BS thread all are so willing to help out and go the extra mile for another person who shares the same passion! That my friend is what we call close friendships!
Yeah, the crew kinda adopted me by default. I tried to join all the local crews...and got rejected. I was a noob at the time, and got the "this seat's taken" treatment. LoL A bunch of great guys...Steve, Rick, Tom, Robert, David, and myself are regulars, but you know you're welcome anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Woohoo!! You made a build thread!

Congrats my friend. Your car looks absolutely amazing and it's clear you have great taste. I love everything you've done to the car so far, and I am eager to see what mods are in your future. Let me know if you ever need any help with installing stuff and I'll do the best I can. We should all have a mod day.
Thanks Tommy! Bro, you got my favorite turbo build modern muscle car. I started late in the game. I wasn't gonna mod anything, just leave it stock. Then every search I did brought up this site. I'd read your thread probably 100 times before I even joined. Thanks for the compliments. It's turning out great for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Tony Robbins is back
Can't hate on a positive guy. That's what makes him AWESOME. His car is top notch...and he's a super nice guy!
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway

Last edited by GunnyG; 09-03-2012 at 04:29 PM.
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 AM   #31
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by moises View Post
i like the wheels
Thank you! They are unique and caught my eye. I get a lot of different reactions. 22's and 24's staggered...not exactly drag material, but they grab your attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
damn brotha thats deep
Yeah bro! From then on, I was an addict about this car. I was hooked on making mine stand out. That baby blue vert just knocked me out. Plus it's turbo'd. Then the black/blue 2-toned was a MONSTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickwitit View Post
Hey AJ,
My dude I need not comment on this beast...great looking ride that belongs to a great guy.
Sorry bro I've been MIA for a minute, so I was slow to get at you.

I will subscribe to this thread...cause I know how you get down, LIKE A BOSS...keep it coming my friend..
Aww man! Thanks for checking my build thread out Rob. Just a way for me to keep up with changes I'm gonna make. I did'nt even take pics of the day I brought Da Whale home. This will be sorta a with me through my experience. I can't wait to see more of what you and Ladi do to your rides.
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #32
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post

Yeah, the crew kinda adopted me by default. I tried to join all the local crews...and got rejected. I was a noob at the time, and got the "this seat's taken" treatment. LoL A bunch of great guys...Steve, Rick, Robert, David, and myself are regulars, but you know you're welcome anytime!
Yeah, I've always been pretty forgettable over the years...just not a "regular" I guess...oh, well...lol.....(Tom)
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yeah, I've always been pretty forgettable over the years...just not a "regular" I guess...oh, well...lol.....(Tom)
Be like me, man of the world, I bs on the BS thread, do my serious stuff with my friends in the SoCal Race team(halveto buy a shirt yet) as been with them since for 2.5 years and I hang and criuse with everyone
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #34
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Tony Robbins is back
Hey, watch it Mr. Burns .
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.