Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 07-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
I used CARID.com also but when i bought a car cover in 2010 for my 2010 1lt which is sold now, it took them 4 months to finally ship it out... and i called couple times to see within where it was at why it is taking so long... 4 months, and turns out they just processed my order??? never again will i buy anything from them.

And when you call and or wait on the item, it feels like their office / warehouse is located in india or china or something, bad service and long wait for simple product to arrive...
Old 07-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
DVader
DVader

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
UPDATE:
Since my initial post about the poor customer service, I have had no less than three phone calls, and three emails from CarID appologizing for their poor service. They have provided me with return shipping lables, at no cost to me.

This however, does not negate the fact that the customer service agent was asking way too much (probably just following protocol), and the fact that I was unable to call CarID because the numbers listed on thier website were not in service.

I will not recommend CarID to fellow car enthusiasts. I can't. I won't.

Thank you CarID for contacting me and making this less painful.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #28
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
I dealt with CARiD many times with no probelms at all.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #29
DVader
DVader

They seem nice enough when you finally get someone to talk to. I don't like feeling duped. I refuse to pay for crap, moreover, when trying to contact them through the provided telephone numbers, you get cut off. This didnt' make me have a warm and fuzzy. I was starting to believe that CarID was a fly-by-night company, and I was out over $300.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
2Carats
bock-bock-doodle-atta-dee

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Location: Way down younder near the hico-uh hico-uh, the cottonwo-uh, the eucalyptus tree, crambone...
Wow... I was referred to CARiD by a co-worker just today. Amazing how I stumbled across this thread.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #31
shooters

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer Package
Gotta give the guy props for taking responsibility and admitting their customer service has been less than exemplary. Although I didn't purchase my new wheels from them because they were much, much higher than my local wheel shop, I can appreciate the man saying we F-d up and I'll make it right.
shooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #32
MistyBlu10
CARBON FLASH

Drives: 2012 45TH LT2 LFX M6 born 9/24/11
i bought a few items from them and never had an issue, even got some painted by them with perfect service i have no problem using CARID again

2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11
2007 Z71 Avalanche
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #33
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
I too heard nothing about negative things about that site. But I was trying to make as much savings as possible and got my hood through them. However I had a overall positive experience. It came fine and the slight flaws were manufacturer defects, very minor though. If I had to be picky it was the late shipment, they took about a week to actually ship out. I think they're a middle man-type site and don't actually have their own warehouse with stock. They seem to just buy from other places and sell them to you.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #34
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Was just thinking about ordering some stuff form CarId for my car and the wife's Porsche. Think I'll hold off. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #35
DVader
DVader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooters View Post
Gotta give the guy props for taking responsibility and admitting their customer service has been less than exemplary. Although I didn't purchase my new wheels from them because they were much, much higher than my local wheel shop, I can appreciate the man saying we F-d up and I'll make it right.
I do give the sales manager props. It was big of him to recognize the shortcomings of the company. I do hope they get things squared away. Maybe one day in the future I'll give them another shot, but there are a ton of other places to get accessories. Who knows, maybe they'll give me a gift certificate for my troubles in order to persuade me to spend money with them.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #36
DVader
DVader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Was just thinking about ordering some stuff form CarId for my car and the wife's Porsche. Think I'll hold off. Thanks for the heads up.
A Porsche and a Camaro..would hate to have your insunrance bill! They must be paying you Marines a lot better than they paid me when I was in!

See you on the Borrego Cruise.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
nightshift

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Too bad. I ordered my intake from them with no problems. I did find it odd I ordered an Airaid intake from them, but it came directly from Airaid.
nightshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #38
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Sorry to hear about your issues. I have ordered a few things from them and never had any problems. I was actually given quite good customer service each time. Never any problems with the products. I guess sometimes we get lucky or unlucky with purchases. I've had problems with purchases made elsewhere when others had no problems or issues and highly recommended the company.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #39
rangomr

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT V6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVader View Post

I've never posted about bad service before. Because of the level of poor product description, and even worse poor customer service, I feel it is important to let my fellow Camaro friends have the "Buyer Beware" light flash before making any purchase from CARiD.com.

I ordered a set of neoprene seat covers (red and black with the bowtie emblem on the headrest) for my 2011 'vert. I placed the order on 27 June. On 11 July, after still not recieving a tracking number, I contaced CARid.com. The customer service agent, Vincent Colin, responded immediately, and told me there was a glitch. Two days later I recieved the seat covers. So far, so good; however, this is when it got bad. I opened the box to discover that the covers were not red/black, rather they were burgandy/wine and black. I thought it was just the lighting, so I took them outside. Nope, they were not red. I thought to myself, eh, let's see how they look. I followed directions exactly, and tucked and pulled, and pulled and tucked. No matter how much I did this, the covers fit like a universal fit from K-Mart. Absolutely terrible. On top of that, there were dark spots on the wine colored sections of the seat! I immediately contacted, through email, Vincent. I told him I wanted to return the covers because they were the wrong color, they didn't fit properly, and there were spots on the covers. He wanted me to put them back on (after I allready spend way to much time putting them on and taking them off) and take pictures. I told him no. I want to return the seat covers for a full credit. He didn't respond. I send another email to him letting him know that I attend a lot of local area car shows and that I will make sure that people see the quality of product his company produces. No comment back from him. I called the number listed on the website, "24 Hours a day, 7 days a week customer representatives are standing by". The number is disconnected. The second number listed, a corporate number, starts off by telling you a joke, then promts you to wait for a rep...then you get disconnected.

Luckily, I made this purchase with a credit card and Chase Bank has credited my account for the whole amount.

I just want to make sure that my fellow Camaro enthusiasts don't have to go through the mess I just went through. There are way too many other places to get our dress up kits, and performance mods. Don't waste you time or money at CARiD.com.

Sent you a PM asking about Neoprene seat covers, Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carid.com, do not use this company