Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #151
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Does it really matter? Whatever was or was not done, it is still not a Z/28, nor will it ever be, and I'll leave it at that.
Clyde
Just curious. I know it's not and will never be a Z/28.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #152
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,263
Clones are fine when the "real" car is too expensive or too rare, however in this case what is it a clone of? It's more of a tribute, but to what degree? Each beholder has to answer that.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #153
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Clones are fine when the "real" car is too expensive or too rare, however in this case what is it a clone of? It's more of a tribute, but to what degree? Each beholder has to answer that.
Well a 5th gen Z/28 is pretty rare haha.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #154
ToolFan66

 
ToolFan66's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,189
I doubt this is the only 5th gen Camaro badged with Z28. I don't mind guys mixing and matching other parts from other models but the fake badging drives me crazy.

My car is a 2SS/RS and I'm proud to strut it as such. Now the bowties are another story, let's just say I hate them on these cars..
ToolFan66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #155
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,652
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Well a 5th gen Z/28 is pretty rare haha.
I bet he tells people it's a Z/28?

__________________
1 year, 5 months to go!
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #156
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,652
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I doubt this is the only 5th gen Camaro badged with Z28. I don't mind guys mixing and matching other parts from other models but the fake badging drives me crazy.

My car is a 2SS/RS and I'm proud to strut it as such. Now the bowties are another story, let's just say I hate them on these cars..
True I hope the new Z/28 doesn't have them.
__________________
1 year, 5 months to go!
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:29 AM   #157
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by LENN2010Z28 View Post
I THINK GM SHOULD HAVE BUILT A Z28 ON PRICE POINT THE ZL1 IS A GREAT CAR BUT THE PRICE IS OUT OF THIS WORLD FOR THE AVERAGE GUY IN SCRANTON PA I WORKED FOR GM AN I REMEBER THE SS/R AND THE PRICE WE WENT TO A RIDE AND DRIVE AND TOLD THE GM REP HOW THAT CAR/TRUCK WOULD BE A FLOP BECAUSE OF PRICE AND USE ABILITY ???
Nothing on this car represents a Z, I don't get how you just slap badges on and parade it as a Z. I think it's an insult. C'mon Len, what were you thinking? I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're doing it all wrong. And in your next post, check to make sure your caps lock is off....if you can find it.
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #158
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter
 
Norm Peterson's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 2,609
LENN, a Z/28 is so not about the badges it wears . . . I suspect you're about to find out how the guys on the Ford side of the street end up feeling when they post up about putting fake Shelby and fake Cobra badging on their non-Shelby Mustangs.

This forum is one of the polite ones.

Hint: compliments from people who don't know the difference between the real thing and a wanna-be aren't worth chasing.


Edit - this is one of those times where it would have been useful for forum public profiles to display a little more information.


Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 09-04-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #159
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,858
Let's get back to center guys. We get the whole clone, tribute idea. What's fine for one may not be for all, and that's all part of custom car creativity. Our premise is that GM does not haphazardly place badges onto cars anymore that has no real meaning, as in decades behind us. fbodfather assured us this will not be the case with Z/28 again. When it returns, the real McCoy will be amongst us no doubdt. Until then, it's cool if someone want's to create their own. Let individuals be themselves.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #160
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Let's get back to center guys. We get the whole clone, tribute idea. What's fine for one may not be for all, and that's all part of custom car creativity. Our premise is that GM does not haphazardly place badges onto cars anymore that has no real meaning, as in decades behind us. fbodfather assured us this will not be the case with Z/28 again. When it returns, the real McCoy will be amongst us no doubdt. Until then, it's cool if someone want's to create their own. Let individuals be themselves.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #161
LOWDOWN
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,162
Re: badging...

Personally (and I've stated it here many times - "Black-on-Black, hold the stripes"), I'm a "sleeper" fan...we don't need no stinkin' badges, or stripes, or differentiators. Just gimme the meat 'n potatoes and hold the gravy...

But in the Real World, those Model doo-dads are mandatory. Just make 'em easily removable, or deletable...

But that's just me. If you wanna add/delete stuff to mod/personalize yours, be my guest.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #162
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Re: badging...

Personally (and I've stated it here many times - "Black-on-Black, hold the stripes"), I'm a "sleeper" fan...we don't need no stinkin' badges, or stripes, or differentiators. Just gimme the meat 'n potatoes and hold the gravy...

But in the Real World, those Model doo-dads are mandatory. Just make 'em easily removable, or deletable...

But that's just me. If you wanna add/delete stuff to mod/personalize yours, be my guest.
I'd prefer just the Z/28 badges, black paint, black wheels and red ralley stripes to match my Chevelle.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.