Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb525 View Post
Thanks guys! Thanks for all the feedback! I've had it on for 3 months now and no issues.

The wires that I tapped into are the wires coming from the reverse light plug. There are 2 wires coming from it. I just took some of the electrical tape that they are wrapped in off, and spliced into them.
Do you remember which color is ground vs positive?

I just ordered the lights in the link above, coming in on August 3rd, so hopefully have it on my car soon!

How did you attach the lights to your car? Ziptie, or just glue or something?

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #27
djb525

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Do you remember which color is ground vs positive?

I just ordered the lights in the link above, coming in on August 3rd, so hopefully have it on my car soon!

How did you attach the lights to your car? Ziptie, or just glue or something?
I'm pretty sure green was positive. The tough part is figuring out which wire is which on the led strip, or at least it was with the ones I got. To test it just tap the ends to the exposed wires real quick and see if the strip lights up. I had mine backwards the first time I tried it. The strip that I bought has an adhesive backing, you just peel the wax paper off and it sticks. I filled the hole with silicone.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #28
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Damn that's kind of cool. I want green running lights back there now for when I'm rolling at night. :P
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #29
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb525 View Post
I'm pretty sure green was positive. The tough part is figuring out which wire is which on the led strip, or at least it was with the ones I got. To test it just tap the ends to the exposed wires real quick and see if the strip lights up. I had mine backwards the first time I tried it. The strip that I bought has an adhesive backing, you just peel the wax paper off and it sticks. I filled the hole with silicone.
Ok cool I'll have to do this soon. My LED strips (same as yours) should be here on the 3rd. The only thing is I've never had good experience with adhesive backing as it always fails within 6 months. I might see if there is a more permanent fix, maybe hot glue or something.

Either way, thanks for the info and I'll be sure to update you on my progress! Thanks for posting the great idea!

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #30
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
It been awhile so I am going to ask this. Have your led reverse still holding up ok. How much father and brighter do they go then the oem lights. I put on a different back up camera and It not to good at night.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #31
djb525

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS M6 Black
They are holding up well. One of the corners has started to peel a little because I only used the adhesive backing that came with the lights. I'll probably use something to glue it in place a little better at some point. But no issues or lights out yet!
They are much brighter than the oem lights. They do not have a huge throw, but enough to make sure I don't hit anything. If you are looking for a huge throw then the AAC reverse lights would probably be a better solution if you have the $$$.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #32
KrazyGraphics
Account Suspended

Drives: camaro
Nice work !
KrazyGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom, led, lights, reverse