Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
ZL1 Brian
 
ZL1 Brian's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 84
Mild to Wild problem!

I installed the mild to wild exhaust tuner on my ZL1 and I believe I installed it correctly, but the baffles are open all the time, they wont close when it's turned off. Any suggestions?
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
DangerZL1

 
Drives: Accord
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis, TN Area
Posts: 1,910
Are you saying the Mild to Wild controller won't open and close the baffles while you are driving below 50% throttle?
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
ZL1 Brian
 
ZL1 Brian's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 84
No. The baffles stay open at all times. When turned off the baffles should be closed at idle. I'm not sure if it is the controller or perhaps my install?
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
DangerZL1

 
Drives: Accord
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis, TN Area
Posts: 1,910
The baffles should be open when the car is off and at idle. This is why it sounds good when you start up the car. If you pull the fuse the baffles will stay open all the time. If the switch works while you are driving, then it sounds like everything is ok. The controller doesn't close the baffles at idle. It either leaves them open all the time or allows the car to function as it did stock. The Vette system closes the baffles at idle from the factory, so the mild to wild controller makes a bigger difference. There is no difference at idle with the ZL1 controller on or off.

I have the exhaust commander on my car which operates the same as the mild to wild controller.

Last edited by DangerZL1; 06-26-2012 at 08:57 PM.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 3,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
The baffles should be open when the car is off and at idle. This is why it sounds good when you start up the car. If you pull the fuse the baffles will stay open all the time. If the switch works while you are driving, then it sounds like everything is ok. The controller doesn't close the baffles at idle. It either leaves them open all the time or allows the car to function as it did stock. The Vette system closes the baffles at idle from the factory, so the mild to wild controller makes a bigger difference. There is no difference at idle with the ZL1 controller on or off.

I have the exhaust commander on my car which operates the same as the mild to wild controller.
This is why I think it is #1 stupid mod you can do to this car!

BTW-It would be nice to close them at idle ....Hmmmmm

Gm did a great job at making it perfect right out of the box
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
DangerZL1

 
Drives: Accord
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis, TN Area
Posts: 1,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
BTW-It would be nice to close them at idle ....Hmmmmm
A stealth mode would be nice for those early morning departures or late night arrivals.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
oortcloud
 
oortcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 ordered
Join Date: May 2012
Location: retired
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
A stealth mode would be nice for those early morning departures or late night arrivals.
Thats what I'm thinking. I sometimes want steath mode.

There's one type of exhaust commander that allows you to set the rpm. I wonder if that would also close it at idle?
oortcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #8
DangerZL1

 
Drives: Accord
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis, TN Area
Posts: 1,910
Which one?
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
oortcloud
 
oortcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 ordered
Join Date: May 2012
Location: retired
Posts: 153
http://www.sunsetorangecreations.com...nder_Elite.php

I just noticed its made for the vette, so maybe it does not work on the zl1. But it looks like you can set the rpm where it opens, and then set the rpm where it closes.
oortcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
DangerZL1

 
Drives: Accord
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis, TN Area
Posts: 1,910
I purchased my Exhaust Commander from them. It works as advertised, but I didn't see where the Elite model was available for the ZL1. Maybe its possible or in the works
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
rmyers
 
rmyers's Avatar
 
Drives: Both American Made
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
This is why I think it is #1 stupid mod you can do to this car!

BTW-It would be nice to close them at idle ....Hmmmmm

Gm did a great job at making it perfect right out of the box


Tell us how you really feel Andy!!!!!

PS...My wife just smiles at me every time I crank my car in the garage!!!
__________________

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #12
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 3,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post


Tell us how you really feel Andy!!!!!

PS...My wife just smiles at me every time I crank my car in the garage!!!

As of yesterday we now have stealth mode
Systems designed.

TUSCONZL1 got the first one
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
jsd
 
jsd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL 1 #370
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 186
Hi guys

Works the exhaust commander on the zl1 or just on the corvette.

I think about to order some mild to wild system, but the exhaust commander is more interesting
jsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #14
Drew P
 
Drew P's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 233
I noticed the npp exhaust on our cars uses a vacuum reservoir on the passenger side of the vehicle. If you could wire a 12v switch to the hot wire leading back to the vacuum solenoid, i think you could effectively have a switch to close the baffles, even at idle. Has anyone tried anything like this?
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #15
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 3,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
I noticed the npp exhaust on our cars uses a vacuum reservoir on the passenger side of the vehicle. If you could wire a 12v switch to the hot wire leading back to the vacuum solenoid, i think you could effectively have a switch to close the baffles, even at idle. Has anyone tried anything like this?
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #16
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
As of yesterday we now have stealth mode
Systems designed.

TUSCONZL1 got the first one

Hi I am interested in a stealth mode system if your selling them. Please PM me the info so I can order one from you. Thx.
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36987&dateline=1334886195 border=0 alt= />
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #17
Trackman

 
Trackman's Avatar
 
Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
As of yesterday we now have stealth mode
Systems designed.

TUSCONZL1 got the first one
I followed in TUSCONZL1's footsteps.
I'm in stealth mode more than not.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.