Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
vtelvr
 
vtelvr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodstock Georgia
Posts: 146
Awesome set of videos. I actually took notes like a good student would, as I have never even held a machine polisher...much less used one. I am going to acquire the items and products shown, and will try to get my car polished out by the winter time. Unfortunately, I have to daily drive it, but will avoid anything that will harm it at all costs! Thanks!
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
Gixxer 1000
Gixxer 1000
 
Gixxer 1000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 162
Hey Junkman can I bring you my car Its a 2012 black Camaro and its has swirls all over It. :(
Gixxer 1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #20
ChadG

 
ChadG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,679
Since I'm a subscriber I saw these pop up when you posted them and immediately started watching. As a veteran from watching your first series of videos multiple times, I'm still learning and am thankful you've taken the time to post these for us - much appreciated AJ.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #21
2010abmss
 
2010abmss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer 1000 View Post
Hey Junkman can I bring you my car Its a 2012 black Camaro and its has swirls all over It. :(
You have to provide him with a nice STEAK dinner!!
__________________
Sold 2010 ABM 2SS RS. Kooks, Corsa CB
2010abmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #22
WiSSDiver

 
WiSSDiver's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WIsconsin
Posts: 1,252
I owe AJ at least 2 steak dinners!
__________________
WiSSDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #23
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
Thanks Aj your a prince hope to come see ya sometime when i go see my sis in owensboro
Just give me a holler. Everyone is welcome at 'a brutha' in his garage productions'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtelvr View Post
Awesome set of videos. I actually took notes like a good student would, as I have never even held a machine polisher...much less used one. I am going to acquire the items and products shown, and will try to get my car polished out by the winter time. Unfortunately, I have to daily drive it, but will avoid anything that will harm it at all costs! Thanks!
I wish more people would take notes! You would be surprised how much stuff you have missed when you watch any of my videos a second, third or forth time. There's a ton of information in them and there is no way for a novice to retain it all after only watching them 1 time.

Kudos to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer 1000 View Post
Hey Junkman can I bring you my car Its a 2012 black Camaro and its has swirls all over It. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010abmss View Post
You have to provide him with a nice STEAK dinner!!
... or Halle Barry! Hell, I ain't picky. I'll accept any woman who's cute in the face, thin in the waist and has her own place.

Hey Gixxer, you can bring it but my prices might make you run back to Tennessee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Since I'm a subscriber I saw these pop up when you posted them and immediately started watching. As a veteran from watching your first series of videos multiple times, I'm still learning and am thankful you've taken the time to post these for us - much appreciated AJ.
Yep Chad, we go back a bit. Glad you are finding them useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpomeroy View Post
I owe AJ at least 2 steak dinners!
That's right, you've seen me eat...
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #24
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
Is it really worth it to go through all of this on a daily driven car that gets driven through snow in the winter? I feel like unless its a garaged car, I'd be wasting my time as slowly the swirls will keep coming back. Please do correct me if I'm wrong!
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #25
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Is it really worth it to go through all of this on a daily driven car that gets driven through snow in the winter? I feel like unless its a garaged car, I'd be wasting my time as slowly the swirls will keep coming back. Please do correct me if I'm wrong!
That is strictly a call the owner has to make, as is a lot of things. Pride has everything to do with my choice and has pretty much been the major factor in all the major decisions in my life. I mean, I could have joined the Navy, the Air Force or the Army but I didn't. I went the hard azz route and joined the Marines. All because of them dress blues. Man, I love my dress blues.

__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #26
xcaliber72
 
Drives: 2012 ls1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 1
sweet
xcaliber72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #27
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2011 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 21,976
Junkman, great write up my friend!
__________________
Dznts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #28
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,759
Thanks fellas!
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,949
You have a gift for writing and communicating, thank you. Being a complete novice these kinds of videos
are very helpfull.
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36987&dateline=1334886195 border=0 alt= />

Last edited by Z4me; 09-25-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #30
FRANK121
 
FRANK121's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 498
Thank you for these videos but most of all thank you for your service

I think my biggest problem is I don't have a garage to do this? By the time I finish one part of the car, the rest of it has dust or dirt on it
I would gladly pay someone to make my cars shine like Junkmans .... I just haven't found that person yet and Junkman your a long ways away from Missouri
__________________
2011 Victory Red 2SS/RS
630hp. and 550ft. lbs.
Black Rally Stripes
6 Speed Automatic
Whipple 2.9L
LS3 Conversion
ARH LT Headers and X-Pipe
GMMP Axle Backs
Yank 2800 Stall
RotoFab CAI
RX Performance Catch Can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
Built by C.B.I. Streetcars
Tuned By DSX Tuning
GM Quarter Flares
Camaro Floor Mats
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,620


Great information! I need to take a few minutes out of my work day to watch these. Thanks AJ!!!
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #32
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK121 View Post
Thank you for these videos but most of all thank you for your service

I think my biggest problem is I don't have a garage to do this? By the time I finish one part of the car, the rest of it has dust or dirt on it
I would gladly pay someone to make my cars shine like Junkmans .... I just haven't found that person yet and Junkman your a long ways away from Missouri
Remember, it is NOT a race. If all you can do is one panel at a time, make it so. There is no law that says it has to be done in one sitting. Take your time and do it right.

Or bring it to me. Just don't show up without a car full of hotties for me.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #33
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post


Great information! I need to take a few minutes out of my work day to watch these. Thanks AJ!!!
You're really going to enjoy these.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #34
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
You have a gift for writing and communicating, thank you. Being a complete novice these kinds of videos
are very helpfull.
Thanks man. These kind of videos help me too. That's why I always make them this way.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.