Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 09-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #26
ModBargains.com

Drives: Camaro, 996TT, 335i, Etc.
Lots of great suggestions. I think first thing I'd do is add in some new power, maybe replace the seats as well to loose some weight. Some nice comfortable Recaro seats, maybe an exhaust would do the trick.

We Specialize In: Camaro Wheels |Camaro Suspension | Camaro Performance | Camaro Exhaust | Camaro Intakes | Forgestar Wheels
Modification Expert - Jurrian Terpstra
| Jurrian@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8002 Subscribe to our BLOG to get updates and bargains of the week!
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #27
Lgndryhr
Camaro for Life

Drives: Awaiting... & 2013 1LT A6 VR
Send a message via AIM to Lgndryhr
How could I forget about Recaro seats! I want some! What's best place to get them? I was thinking of replacing the seats' material with ZL1 "suede", but this is even better.
2013 VR 1LT A6 #147344 (hers) currently searching for a replacement for hers. Thread
Exterior: no clue
Nickname: Odin
Best run: not until after break-in

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Lgndryhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #28
DanSS24

Drives: myself crazy
I was on the Recaro website and noticed that they don't make seats for Camaro. I think the closest you would have to go with is the Cadillac CTS-V Recaros.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #29
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I love the CTS-V seats also, but I don't like the price to make them work. Unless the price has come down.

Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #30
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The 1LE is no different than any other 5th Gen. Improved 1LE performance start with a solid foundation and on a 5th Gen that means we are talking about sub-frame and radius bushes. The coil rates and monotubes are an upgrade over the SS as are the sway bars, but you like your 1LE better when you replace the factory rear bar with a Pedders 32mm Z style bar. These foundational elements will allow you to get the most out of the mods already discussed in this thread.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #31
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Is there any word on springs that work with a lighter car yet dont require damper changes? Loosing lots of weight will increase the ride height with stock springs, so going shorter is a must. However, because the sprung mass is lower too now, is there a softer spring available?
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #32
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Is there any word on springs that work with a lighter car yet dont require damper changes? Loosing lots of weight will increase the ride height with stock springs, so going shorter is a must. However, because the sprung mass is lower too now, is there a softer spring available?
Let's say we got lucky and found a way to pull 600 pounds out of a 5th Gen and still have a street legal car. The difference per wheel is only 150 pounds. There would be a change in ride height with the loss of weight. That would be mostly offset by the change in vehicle weight to spring rate. One of the issues we have in controlling a 5th Gen is the amount of mass and the limited space in the wheel wells for larger rubber. Drop the weight, add 305/30/19s all around and we would have a much better performing car. If a 5th Gen owner were really serious about weight reduction and performance they would have ditched the 1LE monotubes and gone to coilovers as part of the process.