Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
driarene

Drives: 2LS Summit White
looking for Headlights/ Foglights

so I have a 2LS and Im trying to find a good set of new headlights to replace the stock ones that came with it- preferably with the HID look to it- like the halo/angel eye look, of course ^.^
Im also trying to find a fog light kit so i can replace the black plastic inserts with them with the matching quality of the headlights.

I was looking on the xenon site as well as ACC for the foglight kits for the LS and was wondering if anyone recommends either one or something different (ones that look like halos or can fit halos)

also another thought: do you think its necessary for me to buy new headlights or should i just replace the bulbs with what I want (i think they're H13, yeah?)
BUT im not sure if the oracle halos would fit the stock...but im pretty sure they dont.

overall im trying to get the halo look if anything
driarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I was in the exact same position as you. Here's what my car looked like stock and what it looks like now. Is this that the look your looking for?
Attached Images

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
driarene

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I was in the exact same position as you. Here's what my car looked like stock and what it looks like now. Is this that the look your looking for?
Yeah this is exactly what I wanna do to mine!
what exactly did u buy??
Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
FL1CK
MOVE!

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Looks like the RS headlights/harness and added fogs... but can't verify they're RS lights or aftermarket. Good job though! Looks good!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I think LS did a retrofit using Theretrofitsource.com and some AAC halo's?
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
driarene

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
So I could buy them offa there and install them and be ready to go? Well minus the halos tho I could buy those seperately
Old 09-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner!

I have an hid retrofit from the retrofit source that I did and bought aac colorshift halos. I bought an extra set of headlights and that gave me a chance to learn how to bake the headlights to open them. A lot of people are too scared to do this (trust me I know, I've done many for people that didn't want to do it themselves) but I went ahead and did it and I'm glad i did.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
driarene

Quote:
Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner!

I have an hid retrofit from the retrofit source that I did and bought aac colorshift halos. I bought an extra set of headlights and that gave me a chance to learn how to bake the headlights to open them. A lot of people are too scared to do this (trust me I know, I've done many for people that didn't want to do it themselves) but I went ahead and did it and I'm glad i did.
What kit did u get from there or would recommend, lol their site is a bit confusing idk which ones to choose from which list. It should be under retrofit right
Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
lscamaro

I've had both the mini d2s and mini h1 kit. I definitely say get the mini h1 kit. It's easier to install than the d2s because the d2s requires some grinding down of the lamp to make them fit. The mini h1 fits in perfectly without having to modify anything. Get the whole kit, mini h1 projectors, the shroud you prefer, the h13 wiring harness and the color bulb you want.

Just keep in mind that you will have to open your headlights to do this so I would either get a backup set so you can do it at your pace or be careful. I would also buy halos now so you can do it all at once

Old 09-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
driarene

Quote:
I've had both the mini d2s and mini h1 kit. I definitely say get the mini h1 kit. It's easier to install than the d2s because the d2s requires some grinding down of the lamp to make them fit. The mini h1 fits in perfectly without having to modify anything. Get the whole kit, mini h1 projectors, the shroud you prefer, the h13 wiring harness and the color bulb you want.

Just keep in mind that you will have to open your headlights to do this so I would either get a backup set so you can do it at your pace or be careful. I would also buy halos now so you can do it all at once
but im still kinda paranoid about opening the casing for the headlights since I dont know a whole bunch about the wiring and how to put the lights in, although there are DIY videos. with my luck, id probably end up doing more damage to $300 merchandise than more good.

although i think its inevitable if i wanna put in the AAC halos...

but im still having a hard time trying to find it on the website, the whole kit cuz I'm finding the d2s but im not finding the other one.

btw do they come w the foglights or did you get them on the same site or did u get them elsewhere?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
lscamaro

I bought my fogs at Wal-Mart haha
I bought the rs bezels so I wouldn't have to cut mine and just bought a 4" fog to fit. I then replaced the bulb with an led one off of eBay and I now have matching fogs.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
driarene

do u mind posting the links to the exact products u purchased?
after searching for a few days for the whole headlights and not finding ones i like at all im probably just gunna do whut u did if ne thing

and u used your stock lights and installed the kit into those?
Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Don't know your price limit but ck with Ofer. http://www.gen5diy.com/index.php?rou...ory&path=18_77
He can get all the stuff u need for a great price.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
I have a stock set of non-RS lights for $150 if you wanna give it a go on those. Driver's light is missing the "L" bracket which you could take from your other light.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
I got these but haven't installed them yet. Nice quality and look similar to GM Halo housing. Check these out too>>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/190697434318...84.m1423.l2649
Fire Extinguisher, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, Custom painted engine bay, RJT Front splitter, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, XS Power 2" Headers with full 3" exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads, BMR lowering Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, Custom HP Tune by Mark Romans
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #16
driarene

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
Don't know your price limit but ck with Ofer. http://www.gen5diy.com/index.php?rou...ory&path=18_77
He can get all the stuff u need for a great price.
well i was sort of looking @ 300-500 on price but im kinda debating on whether to save up and buy the RS headlights (the local dealership said they were selling them for $1200 EACH so 750 is a bargain)
would these be compatible with my LS or do i need the the different harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
I have a stock set of non-RS lights for $150 if you wanna give it a go on those. Driver's light is missing the "L" bracket which you could take from your other light.
no thanx, its not like i have $150 to spend right now n e ways, but thanx for the offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelSS View Post
I got these but haven't installed them yet. Nice quality and look similar to GM Halo housing. Check these out too>>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/190697434318...84.m1423.l2649
are those similar to the SPYDER headlights? btw they say teyre not compatible w 2012?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Yes u would need a harness also but he sells them also.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #18
lscamaro

You need a harness to get the lights to fit. It's going to be about 850 when it's all said and done.

Everything I bought is from the retrofitsource.com

Pm me and I would have gotten back to you faster

Tags
bulbs, halo, headlights