Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 297
Does the duel exhaust add 6hp like it does on the vette?

Im wondering if the duel exhaust adds 6hp and 4ft pounds of tourqe as it does on the corvette. And if it does why areent they advertizing it?
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark
 
LSxJunkie's Avatar
 
Drives: RX350
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3L Hell
Posts: 556
It doesn't. And who cares? You'll never feel 6hp.
__________________
What is this, CorvetteForum Lite?
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
It doesn't. And who cares? You'll never feel 6hp.
2013 camaro brochoure specs for 0-60 for the 1le is listed as 4.7 sec same as 2ss ls3, and anyone with a half of a brain knows with higher rear end ratio of 3.91 , 0-60 has to be quicker than 4.7 as listed by chevy. In fact motortrend test of the 1le 0-60 time was 4.3. So just because chevy says theres no difference in hp between the duel exhaust and stock exhaust they might be wrong.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark
 
LSxJunkie's Avatar
 
Drives: RX350
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3L Hell
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
2013 camaro brochoure specs for 0-60 for the 1le is listed as 4.7 sec same as 2ss ls3, and anyone with a half of a brain knows with higher rear end ratio of 3.91 , 0-60 has to be quicker than 4.7 as listed by chevy. In fact motortrend test of the 1le 0-60 time was 4.3. So just because chevy says theres no difference in hp between the duel exhaust and stock exhaust they might be wrong.
Anyone with half a brain knows that 0-60 times are meaningless. There is no standard by which those tests are run.

And again, it doesn't matter. 6hp doesn't make a lick of goddamned difference. A race between equal drivers between an NPP Vette and a non-NPP Vette will come down to conditions.
__________________
What is this, CorvetteForum Lite?
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06
 
Drives: 2013 GXH 1SS/1LE 2014 SS sedan
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,283
Are the exhaust tips fighting each other?

its DUAL exhaust.
__________________
2014 SS Sedan-daily driver
2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20. "CAM ONLY" 475 RWHP/460 RWTQ 510 Race Engineering built/tuned/maintained
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Jim968
 
Jim968's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
It doesn't. And who cares? You'll never feel 6hp.
I agree that its not enough to feel in the seat of the pants, but why wouldn't it make additional horsepower over the regular exhaust? I suspect that Chevy isn't claiming it because they haven't gotten around to certifying it.

I'll be interested to see what happens when somone puts an NPP on a dyno.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Dtrimpi87
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Are the exhaust tips fighting each other?

its DUAL exhaust.


Lol that made my morning
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
I agree that its not enough to feel in the seat of the pants, but why wouldn't it make additional horsepower over the regular exhaust? I suspect that Chevy isn't claiming it because they haven't gotten around to certifying it.

I'll be interested to see what happens when somone puts an NPP on a dyno.
Thanks at least someone is thinking like me.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
Im wondering if the duel exhaust adds 6hp and 4ft pounds of tourqe as it does on the corvette. And if it does why arent they advertizing it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
I agree that its not enough to feel in the seat of the pants, but why wouldn't it make additional horsepower over the regular exhaust? I suspect that Chevy isn't claiming it because they haven't gotten around to certifying it.

I'll be interested to see what happens when someone puts an NPP on a dyno.
No it does not add hp or torque to the Camaro.

It has been shown on numerous dynos by different shops that any changes from the cats back on the Camaro will result in zero gains. The Camaros exhaust is already free flowing which explains why this is so.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
DRKS1D3

 
DRKS1D3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,747
Geez, the guy asks a simple question and he gets lambasted. "Anyone with half a brain...". It was a legitimate question.
__________________
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (LS3)--K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,026
Some (you know who you are) just can't help themselves. They just have to act like my ex wife. Good riddance.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
2008yellow
 
Drives: 2013 blue
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: pa.
Posts: 96
Well you might have 3.91 gears but you have a different trans in the car. the close ratio trans is different than in the SS. Meant to keep your engine in the sweet spot through the gears. It might be interesting. Maybe another drivers race type of thing
2008yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
jameslk55

 
jameslk55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
No it does not add hp or torque to the Camaro.

It has been shown on numerous dynos by different shops that any changes from the cats back on the Camaro will result in zero gains. The Camaros exhaust is already free flowing which explains why this is so.
Are you saying that aftermarket catback exhausts also result in zero gains or just the NPP exhaust?
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
Dtrimpi87
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
Are you saying that aftermarket catback exhausts also result in zero gains or just the NPP exhaust?
Yes after market catback systems offer 0 gains. Purely enhanced sound.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Jim968
 
Jim968's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Yes after market catback systems offer 0 gains. Purely enhanced sound.
Then how does the NPP add 6 hp on the Corvette? Are you saying that the regular exhaust on the Camaro is more efficient than the regular exhaust on the Corvette?
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Bad70supreme


 
Bad70supreme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: plainfield, IL
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Yes after market catback systems offer 0 gains. Purely enhanced sound.
This is completely false! No gains if your car is bone stock, and in the case of the 1le probably no gain. But add some mods and the exhaust will come into play! The stock exhaust is NOT perfect, it has some ruff bends but on a stock car it works. Once you mod the idea that the stock exhaust will make the same power as aftermarket or custom setup is no longer true!
__________________
217/228 .565 lift, XS headers, 3" exhaust, th400 swap FTI 3600 stall. 11.75@117
Bad70supreme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
Kent2010
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
Are you saying that the regular exhaust on the Camaro is more efficient than the regular exhaust on the Corvette?
Might be.

I've owned both -- from my experience, the stock C6 exhaust is more quiet than the stock C5 Camaro exhaust. Visit the C6 (Corvette) forum and read all the complaints about how dead quiet the C6 exhaust is.
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
Dtrimpi87
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
This is completely false! No gains if your car is bone stock, and in the case of the 1le probably no gain. But add some mods and the exhaust will come into play! The stock exhaust is NOT perfect, it has some ruff bends but on a stock car it works. Once you mod the idea that the stock exhaust will make the same power as aftermarket or custom setup is no longer true!
You just contradicted yourself buddy.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
This is completely false! No gains if your car is bone stock, and in the case of the 1le probably no gain. But add some mods and the exhaust will come into play! The stock exhaust is NOT perfect, it has some ruff bends but on a stock car it works. Once you mod the idea that the stock exhaust will make the same power as aftermarket or custom setup is no longer true!
On a pure bolt on car (intake, TB, lt headers, tune) it has been shown and proved that replacing the stock catback with an aftermarket catback on the Camaro gives no gains.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #20
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,665
Tose bad bends dont seem as importantant because the exhaust is moving differently n the large diameter pipe co pared to the narrow diameter of the header primaries. The mufflers on the LS3 are designed like most typical absorption style mufflers with perforated tube. I have not seen a cut away of the corvette muffler to compare to the SS.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #21
jameslk55

 
jameslk55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
On a pure bolt on car (intake, TB, lt headers, tune) it has been shown and proved that replacing the stock catback with an aftermarket catback on the Camaro gives no gains.
This is new to me. Where has this has been shown? If an exhaust company claims that their system for the Camaro gains an average increase of up to 6HP and 7ft-lbs. of torque, are you saying that they are making false claims? Not sure if I'm understanding correctly.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #22
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,386
The stock exhaust does not restrict flow or performance until you get up to around 680rwhp. This was documented by Ted of JRE about 3 years ago if you care to search back that far.

SOooo... if you buy an aftermarker catback, axleback or get the optional NPP exhuast, do it for the sound. That's all that is going to change.

Aftermarket manufacturers have reported BS gains ever since the first aftermarket was released.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #23
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 WRX STi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 4,600
This thread is awesome!! lol
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #24
Bad70supreme


 
Bad70supreme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: plainfield, IL
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
The stock exhaust does not restrict flow or performance until you get up to around 680rwhp. This was documented by Ted of JRE about 3 years ago if you care to search back that far.

SOooo... if you buy an aftermarker catback, axleback or get the optional NPP exhuast, do it for the sound. That's all that is going to change.

Aftermarket manufacturers have reported BS gains ever since the first aftermarket was released.

This is total bullcrap! A 3" X pipe exhuast will make power over the stock exhaust in propbably even a mild bolton car. Explain why my car picked up 2mph with nothing but swaping 1 chamber flowmasters to 3" glasspacks! Dont bother saying weather, because it was in simular conditions and I noticed an increas in performance right away! Plain and simple, they flow better... the stock exhaust is not going to match a good aftermarket systeme, I dont care what test say.
__________________
217/228 .565 lift, XS headers, 3" exhaust, th400 swap FTI 3600 stall. 11.75@117
Bad70supreme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #25
Dtrimpi87
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
This is total bullcrap! A 3" X pipe exhuast will make power over the stock exhaust in propbably even a mild bolton car. Explain why my car picked up 2mph with nothing but swaping 1 chamber flowmasters to 3" glasspacks! Dont bother saying weather, because it was in simular conditions and I noticed an increas in performance right away! Plain and simple, they flow better... the stock exhaust is not going to match a good aftermarket systeme, I dont care what test say.
Lol
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.