Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 10-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
All-American ZL1
Chevy Power

Drives: 13 ZL1 M6 #123, '98 Jeep Wrangler
Awesome track day at Sebring

Today was my first tack day ever, and I had a blast! I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't done one yet. I got up at 5AM and drove from Sarasota to Sebring. I decided to take the scenic route, against the advice of google maps, and it was well worth it. I hit a few dirt roads but they were as smooth as a baby's butt, and it was totally a blast letting the rear end loose. I felt like Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrane was right behind me!

The event was sponsored by Chin Motorsports. They did a great job of keeping the track safe and educating new drivers like myself. I felt comfortable and in control the whole time. It's kind of intimidating strolling into a place with porsches that are totally modified, and indy cars everywhere, but everyone was very friendly, and many people were very curious about the ZL1.

I did not change the brake fluid before going because i thought I would be taking it slow and learning the track this time. I did have some issues with brake fade towards the end of the day. It was pretty hot, about 85 degrees, and I definitely wasn't pushing this car to the limits. So just a heads up to anyone else who was thinking about doing the same thing, don't do it. You'll feel much more in control, with better brake fluid. This car is heavy, not like the miatas that were passing me!

This track day has give me a whole new respect for this car. You really get a sense of the power that it has when you're coming out of a turn. I guess hitting 125 on the back straight away helps with that too! I had a blast, and hopefully all of you will too. The only real downside of today, was that the mobil station was out of gas, so I couldn't put it on the company card.

I'll post some track pics later after I upload them
Attached Images

All-American ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I took mine to Homestead Race Track for a day with Hooked on Driving. It was a great day and I highly recommend that everyone with a ZL1 take a day at track near home and let the car show you what she can really do. Glad you had a safe, fun day.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
SUNSET

Drives: black ZL1
Awesome!
SUNSET is offline   Reply With Quote