Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #99
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
Well, I have great news.... My dealership and good friend called and told me GM will be replacing my dash too and it's on order! GM is doing what they can to replace them, so report it, so it can be documented and please be patient with the dealers... Have them email their contact at GM customerservice if yours is cracked and I advise you or the dealership to include photos. They will get back to them and take care of the issue... And thanks to the customer service rep on here encouraging everyone to take it in or offering to help us!

Thank you very much for your support! It is excellent that your dealership stepped up and was able to address the concern you were having. Please let us know how service goes!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #100
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
Well, I have great news.... My dealership and good friend called and told me GM will be replacing my dash too and it's on order! GM is doing what they can to replace them, so report it, so it can be documented and please be patient with the dealers... Have them email their contact at GM customerservice if yours is cracked and I advise you or the dealership to include photos. They will get back to them and take care of the issue... And thanks to the customer service rep on here encouraging everyone to take it in or offering to help us!
+1, thanks for the help! My car is in right now for dash replacement. I hope it will be done today but the guy did say it will take at least all day. Which I can understand, thats alot of work! Maybe they will hook me up and fill up the tank again for me!
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #101
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
The dealer replaced mine too
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #102
esputnik

Drives: 2010 Rs and 1969 ss
Great news to report to all. Robbins Chevrolet in Humble Texas took care of my cracked dash. The service writer and manger were great help and fixed the problem in a two day turn around. I'm very please with the service and the car doesn't have any rattle problems . I hope GM can learn from this problem and make better cars for years to come. THANKS GM FOR A GREAT CAR DESIGN!!!!
esputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #103
Rickey
IOM4EVR

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT1/RS
Noticed mine was cracked on the way to Camaro5fest. Talking to other 2010 owners we found quite a few with the same problem. Still on vacation away from home but will be headed to the dealer upon return home.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #104
tainoxl

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Dammit, another cracked dash trip to dealer ship it is. I've had cars with over 200,000 miles and over 10 years old and not one with a crack on the dash. Lil over 2yrs garage kept. Check your cars folks before your warranty is up.
tainoxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #105
rburton1224

Drives: 2010 RS
I have the exact same crack. I am already outside of my warranty. Damn the luck! I have found many cars with this problem. I hope Chevrolet is taking note and correcting this. My other car is 11 years old and spent most of its life in the dessert southwest and no dash crack. My Camaro is 2 1/2 years and has this unsightly crack. Damn the luck!
rburton1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #106
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburton1224 View Post
I have the exact same crack. I am already outside of my warranty. Damn the luck! I have found many cars with this problem. I hope Chevrolet is taking note and correcting this. My other car is 11 years old and spent most of its life in the dessert southwest and no dash crack. My Camaro is 2 1/2 years and has this unsightly crack. Damn the luck!
Isn't the bumper to bumper comprehensive a 100,000 mile warranty? The drive train is only 50,00, but I thought everything else was under a 100,000 mile warranty
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #107
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburton1224 View Post
Have you been to a dealership to see if they can address this concern for you? I can also double check your warranty parameters if you want to send me your VIN in a PM.

Brandon
Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #108
tainoxl

Sitting at the Dealer ship right now waiting to see if they will warrant the replacement. Let's see how it goes.:(
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #109
tainoxl

Brandon Customer Service You have a PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #110
jol13

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Sorry to hear this information. Are you taking it to your dealership for diagnosis and repair? Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to check your VIN for any applicable warranties. Please update us on your service.

Brandon
Finally went to dealership to have them look at my cracked dash. They told me that GM is redesigning the dash as it appears others have had the same problem, and the dash would not be available for a couple of months. However, once available, replacement will be covered under warranty.
jol13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #111
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol13 View Post
Finally went to dealership to have them look at my cracked dash. They told me that GM is redesigning the dash as it appears others have had the same problem, and the dash would not be available for a couple of months. However, once available, replacement will be covered under warranty.

That's great that they found that it was being redesigned. Please let us knoo how everything goes once you get it replaced.

Brandon
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #112
ricardopk
DOJO

Drives: 2010 BLACK/CAMARO LS COUPE
Dash Crack

The dash of my 2010 LS with under 16,000 miles at 36 months and two weeks has started cracking also.
This is my first new car and I've been taking care of it so it would last me a good while.
Very disappointing to have a new car that looks and runs so great but already has a cracked dash.
Taking it to the dealer tomorrow hoping for the best.
Except for this issue I love my Camaro and hope to have reason to continue doing so.
ricardopk is offline   Reply With Quote