Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #601
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
I'm gonna need to get that 3rd job...

great stuff Pete.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #602
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Are they for XA's only?

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #603
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Are they for XA's only?
I don't think so. Bruce Raymonds car and the L28 both run supercars.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #604
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates will fit any Camaro coilover with a standard 62mm ID coilover coil.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #605
JusticePete

The Sonic headed to the OUSCI is Ljubica Basica’s ride to High School. LJ is an honor student and cheerleader at Our Lady of the Hills High School in Kerrville, Texas. Her father (Peter Basica, President of Pedders USA, LLC) couldn’t leave his daughter’s car stock. LJ’s is a bit worried about her Sonic and has asked John Buttermore (Lead Development Engineer for the Chevrolet Sonic) tobe careful with her car.

The Sonic headed to the OUSCI is almost stock. A bone stock Sonic turns 1:47 at Gingerman. When the Motor State OPTIMA ran at Gingerman this summer the fastest drivers were Danny Popp 1:28, Todd Rumpke 1:30and Mark Stielow 1:30. Those drivers and cars aside, a stock Sonic would have been competitive: with the right driver behind the wheel. Engineers who also work on the Corvette tuned the Sonics' ride and handling, giving it a more direct feel, while balancing the vehicle for the broad range of driving conditions in North America. We have lowered and corner weighted her on Pedders GMPP Xa coilovers. Reducing the factory under steer is important for an event that includes road course and autocross. Using rear coils that are much higher in rate than our street Xa kit does just that. The engine cradle and the overall structural integrity of the Sonic create a great platform so it is no surprise that the Sonic responded exceptionally well to the suspension upgrades. We are running SRF brake fluid with Carbotech front XP 8 pads with stock rotors, rear drums and shoes.

The Ecotec 1.4L turbo’s power ratings are 138 horsepower (103 kW) and 148 lb.-ft. of torque (200 Nm) between 1,850 rpm and 4,900 rpm. The wide rpm range for the maximum torque - a specific trait of turbocharged engines - helps the engine deliver a better driving experience and performance. The 1.4L’s turbocharger is integrated within the exhaust manifold, for reduced weight and greater packaging flexibility. A reinforced crankshaft and stronger connecting rods deliver additional strength to support the engine’s pressurized power and torque over a wide rpm band. LJ’s Sonic was with an Advanced Racing Dynamics tune with 150 FWHP and 170 TQ. Track ready with driver and fuel we are just under 3,000 pounds. Boerne Stage Kustoms did the Corvette Grand Sport stripes and Victory red accents. Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position tires give the Sonic better grip.

John Buttermore is GM Engineer by profession and a racecar driver by passion. Pete and John met years ago through SCCA racing. John and I became friends. John and Pete work together well. Having John behind the wheel of a Pedderised car makes for a great day at the track every time we go to the track. John is a tremendous asset behind the wheel. His consistency lap after is remarkable. When I suggested to John we take a Sonic to the OUSCI, he did not think we had the slightest chance of going. I do not think he believed we had an invitation until I sent him a copy.

John is the reigning Back-to-Back T1 SCCA Champion in his Corvette. He knows that it takes to o fast and be fast. When Pete suggested we take the Sonic to the OPTIMA I knew we could open some eyes if we could get an invitation. The Sonic is not a traditional candidate for the event. It will be fun to run a car you can buy and build for about $20,000, and get 40 MPG during the road rally against these very different types of cars. The Sonic is the only car in its segment to achieve an overall five-star safety rating by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It is a great small economical car that is fun to drive.

Our best modification is our driver John Buttermore. John is listed as our builder of record, which he deserves as the Lead Development Engineer for the Sonic. Pedders coilovers are a GMPP part so the Sonic is 100% Chevrolet. The level of competition is higher than last year, according to Pete. At the OUSCI, we will be up against the best and fastest streetcars in North America and outstanding drivers. Mark Stielow and his new 850 HP ultra lightweight custom built Camaro, Danny Popp (last year's OUSCI Champion,) in the Lingenfelter L/28 and Raymond's Performance Camaro are going to be very strong. Pete worked with Bruce and Mike on their Camaros all year. He knows exactly how good they are. So John and Pete had a conversation and decided to bring a sling shot to a battle of giants.

http://www.peddersusa.com/articles/C...t/default.aspx
Old 10-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #606
JusticePete

Official Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational SONIC Feature Page

Last edited by JusticePete; 10-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #607
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Kudos............................. Just curious, who has the bigger PERMA GRIN driving you, or your daughter
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #608
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Kudos............................. Just curious, who has the bigger PERMA GRIN driving you, or your daughter
My daughter claims to be embarrassed by the whole thing, but that is because she is 16 and dad can't be right all the time All in all it is a really cool experience for both of us. I wanted her to come out to the event, but she has a commitment to her cheer squad. She is a TEAM player and will be with her TEAM the day we run. I am very proud of her and her decision.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #609
thespymaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
My daughter claims to be embarrassed by the whole thing, but that is because she is 16 and dad can't be right all the time All in all it is a really cool experience for both of us. I wanted her to come out to the event, but she has a commitment to her cheer squad. She is a TEAM player and will be with her TEAM the day we run. I am very proud of her and her decision.
Pete , check your EMAIL......................
Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #610
JusticePete

Quote:
Pete , check your EMAIL......................
On it!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #611
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
My car is the turniest.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #612
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Nope. Mine is now. Muahahahha
Old 10-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #613
JusticePete

Brandi is corner weighted and aligned for the mile. Less than 10 pounds side to side and cross weight difference. That girl is damn near perfect. She even let me play with her knobs
Old 10-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #614
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
She even let me play with her knobs

Old 10-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #615
JusticePete

To put the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitation in perspective, my daughter's Sonic will be competing with this.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #616
thespymaster

The Pedders Beast has arrived at SEMA
Old 11-01-2012, 02:48 AM   #617
JusticePete

Quote:

The Pedders Beast has arrived at SEMA
Thank you very much Kelly!

BIG NEWS for the Pedders Nation to be released tomorrow 9:00 Pacific Time. The only thing that could make today and tomorrow better would be to have Deb and my kids here with me in the morning.

As my good friend would say, it is good to be among the blessed.

I'll explain tomorrow, but there is a passing of the torch that will occur. My very good friend that has been so good to me is retiring. He
'll leave a hole that no one will ever fill. No one. Another friend is taking his place and will make his own mark, do things his own way and be incredibly successful. Both will be there when when Pedders USA moves to a new level within the industry.

All I can say is THANK YOU to the people closest to me that believed in me and my vision for Pedders USA. WOW! Really? I am very lucky man.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #618
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Congratulations to you Pete !!!

I am sure that it is well deserved. You are truly a mover and a shaker. Good things come to those who...KICK BUTT !!!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #619
armysig
Catch me if you can

Good luck this weekend!! I can't wait to see the results of your racing.

You are truly blessed to have people that care about you so much. Even with the limited time i had visiting you I could honestly say I'm honored to meet and spend time with you.

Keep up the good work, I cant wait to see you next cool product.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #620
JusticePete

Old 11-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #621
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Congrats Pete and team Pedders!! Much deserved.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #622
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Amazing Pete...it's always good to see someone recognized for their hard work and dedication.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #623
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: RED DEMON!
Congratulations Pete, i have watched in the wings and you guys deserve this award for all your hard work and dedication!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #624
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Sweet!

Congrat's Pete

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #625
armysig
Catch me if you can

Dude!!!! That's awesome, I can't wait to hear about the final results of the event.