Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 12-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Kodis16

Drives: Red 2010 camaro 2ss
Question Turbonetics question?

On the turbonetics kit would an aftermarket cat back exhaust work and if so does any catback work of only specific ones also i have LT headers would these still fot pr would i have to get shorties or even stock exhaist manifold? Looking into getting the turbonetics kit but have a 3" cat nack and long tubes with no cats so reasearching on everything ill need. Thanks!
Kodis16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Juiced1
JUICED MOTORSPORTS

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
They should connect to your factory or any aftermarket exhaust system. They will not work with long tube headers though. You'll need the factory manifolds but shorty headers in theory should work assuming they are a direct bolt in.
Get more Power per Dollar!!!! We carry all the hot new products for your 5th gen! CAI, Roto-Fab, Solo, Corsa, MBRP, ARH, Stainless Works, MRT, SLP, Procharger, Whipple, BMR, Diablosport, Superchips, Street Scene, VFN Fiberglass and much more. Contact us for your Camaro5 discount today!
Call us at 224-63-JUICE - 224-400-5793
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
jordan 572

Drives: none
I had a catback atak system still have it but had to cut off the whole front section. I would call it a driver back system now.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
TurboCamaro
Turbonetics turbocharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS - Turbocharged
The system was designed for stock manifolds with CATs in place, the system terminates back into the stock exhaust. We have a CAT back system on our development car.

If you contact our sales dept 805-581-0333 they can email you a copy of the installations instruction if it would help answer any questions.

Brad
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Kodis16

Drives: Red 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCamaro View Post
The system was designed for stock manifolds with CATs in place, the system terminates back into the stock exhaust. We have a CAT back system on our development car.

If you contact our sales dept 805-581-0333 they can email you a copy of the installations instruction if it would help answer any questions.

Brad
I also have a question once i get this kit will i need to dyno tune or only hand tune and which will see better numbers and how much
Kodis16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
jp63vette

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS
This is the exhaust I used. Sounds great and super easy. Ended up having it welded at my local shop because i didn't like the clamps.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...Store_Code=LPE
Old 12-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #7
TurboCamaro
Turbonetics turbocharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS - Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodis16 View Post
I also have a question once i get this kit will i need to dyno tune or only hand tune and which will see better numbers and how much
The system come complete with a hand held programmer, just plug in the Turbonetics tune and go have fun. There is no further tuning or Dyno time required unless you get board with 520rwhp and want more then that's a diff story.

Tags
catback, exhaust, forcedinduction, turbo, turbonetics