Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #51
cota0429

Drives: 2012 45th Anniverary
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2010ss View Post
I think ivan said it was California some posts ago.
He said he "thought"
cota0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #52
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Still awaiting them to arrive. I was hoping to see them here Monday/Tuesday. I'll have to get with Lou today and see if he can get on them to give me an update on them.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #53
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
remember post pics if you do!!!
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #54
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
Will you be price matching with the competitor that recently showed up in this sub forum??
If it were anything close to the same product.......

For now....

Quote:
He said he "thought"
That's where some of the other LG Wheels were made as well.

Enjoy and ...as a customer...do your due diligence whenever you buy anything from anybody online or in person.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #55
IBMcamaroIBM

Drives: IBM
Whats going on with these.
anyday now.. getting restless.
IBMcamaroIBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #56
mgaspari

its friday... what the heck guys , dying to see these
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #57
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
its friday... what the heck guys , dying to see these

Yea ditto. That monday-tuesday to see them powdercoated has came and gone. . . :(
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #58
cota0429

If they are being made local, how are there no pics?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #59
IBMcamaroIBM

i think the prices of these things may need to be reduced if you want to keep costumers.
I agree that these are defintley better quality than the other replica wheel that are being produced by Factory reproductions , and also you guys are having them powdercoated which is anpther strong point for you guys.But at the end of the day, most people are going to go for the one that is $700 cheaper. I believe that its smarter to get the quality rims from you guys and pay extra but not ABOUT $700 plus extra. your price: 1695+ shipping(about 160)= 1885 AND that price DOES NOT include sensors OR lugnuts. And than get tires that are ridiculously priced. which is probably another 1100 for tires. which comes to about $2995 not included lugnuts and sensors. Im not saying you need to match FactoryRep in price for the wheels but maybe reduce that 1695 price tag, you will get more costumers because than paying the extra 2/300 doesnt seem to bad , instead of 700extra.. Also, for the price of there wheels, you can get 2 sets(8 wheels) for the price of 1600. which is still cheaper. And than people can have them powdercoated and still be cheaper plus theres more options so that means more tire options. that are cheaper or re use the pirellis. Just trying to help out..
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #60
cota0429

Good point ^ but besides powder coating... What makes the "quality" better? Not trying to be an Butthead here but what proof is there that the actual "build" is better? I must have missed something. The other "wheel" is from a company that specializes in building wheels, that's all they do. We still have not heard 100% from the OP where these are being built. If there were being built locally or in the USA... We should have a pic by now.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #61
BiGDaWgZ

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroIBM View Post
"
I agree that these are defintley better quality than the other replica wheel that are being produced by Factory reproductions"

How can anyone determine the quality of these wheels versus the ones being made by factory reproductions.......neither one has been made yet??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2010 2SS/RS-6spd Manual-12k Miles-Blown-Injected-Fueled-Dropped & more
BiGDaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #62
IBMcamaroIBM

^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
There are a few distinct differences that I can help shed some light on right off the bat as to why LG's are a bit more $ and why they are a better quality wheel:

1.) The LG ZR28's are a pressure cast wheel so they are made of a denser material.

2.) Because of this this they will be Lighter and Stronger than a normal casting like the other replica wheels seen on ebay and the likes.

3.) The ZR28s are crash tested. That in itself speaks volumes. You want your wheels to be able to hold the brakes when and if needed in situations where safety is paramount. LG Motorsports RACES what they sell. Period.

4.) Built by a company that does GM OEM wheels. So you know it's not just a wheel that "replicates" a GM wheel for looks.

5.) OEM like finish. It will last and perform just like the original.

While there are certainly cheaper options out there, it's known that those wheels will be sold to a certain demographic of customer.

Hope this helps clear the air about some of the differences out there....

Ivan
hope this explains you guys thinking the other vendor has better quality.. Factory reproductions stuff is made in china btw. Also, just look at the pictures between the two right now and its pretty obvious i mean come on.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #63
BiGDaWgZ

True...but early reports are that the other wheel weighs within 1 pound or so...of the original FORGED GM wheel...so I'm guessing they're either pressure cast or rotary forged to be that light.

If this wheel can beat that weight...then I'd understand that as a point..but if not....

As to people commenting on where the wheels are made...alot..if not MOST..... FACTORY wheels are being made in CHINA now...

Quote:
While there are certainly cheaper options out there, it's known that those wheels will be sold to a certain demographic of customer.
I guess I might be a "Certain Demographic" type of customer (sounds almost condecending)...because I want a wheel that looks like the ZL1 wheel...for the best price??

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ; 12-08-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #64
cota0429

Thanks for posting that ^ I missed that post somewhere down the line. Gives a better explanation why the price difference is much more. Still there isn't 100% clarification as to where the LG is being made. Is it worth the extra money still? Thats a question we all need to answer for ourselves.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #65
BiGDaWgZ

Quote:
^^^

Also, just look at the pictures between the two right now and its pretty obvious i mean come on.

I've looked at the pics of both versions of these wheels quite a bit... and I can't see where this "quality" difference is that you're talking about ?

Please be specific and let me know what quality feature it is that you're actually referring to.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here...I'm just curious as to how people can make these types of claims when neither one of these wheels are out on the market yet???

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ; 12-08-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #66
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #67
IBMcamaroIBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGDaWgZ View Post
True...but early reports are that the other wheel weighs within 1 pound or so...of the original FORGED GM wheel...so I'm guessing they're either pressure cast or rotary forged to be that light.

If this wheel can beat that weight...then I'd understand that as a point..but if not....

As to people commenting on where the wheels are made...alot..if not MOST..... FACTORY wheels are being made in CHINA now...

I guess I might be a "Certain Demographic" type of customer (sounds almost condecending)...because I want a wheel that looks like the ZL1 wheel...for the best price??
Factory reproductions are not rotary forged. The price would not be that good, look up some reviews on factory reproductions and youll see some very odd things happen to them, chrome flake off , black paint fades, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cota0429 View Post
Thanks for posting that ^ I missed that post somewhere down the line. Gives a better explanation why the price difference is much more. Still there isn't 100% clarification as to where the LG is being made. Is it worth the extra money still? Thats a question we all need to answer for ourselves.
Exactly my thoughts, do it hink its worth the 1695, no, maybe theyll reduce it a little.
Quote:
I've looked at the pics of both versions of these wheels quite a bit... and I can't see where this "quality" difference is that you're referring to???

Please be specific and let me know what quality feature it is that you're actually referring to.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here...I'm just curious as to how people can make these types of claims when neither one of the wheels are out on the market yet???
DUDE look at both wheels, no that hard. you dont think its fishy at all thats there priced at 799?! not saying there bad wheels but not the greatest quality, it may do the job but you may be spending more down the road to repair finishes, ETC.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #68
BiGDaWgZ

Quote:
DUDE look at both wheels, no that hard. you dont think its fishy at all thats there priced at 799?! not saying there bad wheels but not the greatest quality, it may do the job but you may be spending more down the road to repair finishes, ETC.

Dude...I've LOOKED at all of the available pictures of BOTH WHEELS.....I'm not seeing some glaring quality difference...so please fill me in on what you're seeing...(not what we've been told by one mfr' or the other)

To top it off......now....any other company that's closer to a realistic price ($1000 seems realistic to me)....is all of a sudden "FISHY"??????

Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #69
IBMcamaroIBM

Quote:
Dude...I've LOOKED at all of the available pictures of BOTH WHEELS.....I'm not seeing some glaring quality difference...so please fill me in on what you're seeing...(not what we've been told by one mfr' or the other)

To top it off......now....any other company that's closer to a realistic price ($1000 seems realistic to me)....is all of a sudden "FISHY"??????
goodluck with whatever wheels you get.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #70
mgaspari

Quote:
i think the prices of these things may need to be reduced if you want to keep costumers.
I agree that these are defintley better quality than the other replica wheel that are being produced by Factory reproductions , and also you guys are having them powdercoated which is anpther strong point for you guys.But at the end of the day, most people are going to go for the one that is $700 cheaper. I believe that its smarter to get the quality rims from you guys and pay extra but not ABOUT $700 plus extra. your price: 1695+ shipping(about 160)= 1885 AND that price DOES NOT include sensors OR lugnuts. And than get tires that are ridiculously priced. which is probably another 1100 for tires. which comes to about $2995 not included lugnuts and sensors. Im not saying you need to match FactoryRep in price for the wheels but maybe reduce that 1695 price tag, you will get more costumers because than paying the extra 2/300 doesnt seem to bad , instead of 700extra.. Also, for the price of there wheels, you can get 2 sets(8 wheels) for the price of 1600. which is still cheaper. And than people can have them powdercoated and still be cheaper plus theres more options so that means more tire options. that are cheaper or re use the pirellis. Just trying to help out..
intresting, maybe they will decrease price a bit
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #71
rare991

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. if you want the cheaper wheels then go for it...... put dont get mad when the quality isn't what you expected.
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #72
mgaspari

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare991 View Post
I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. if you want the cheaper wheels then go for it...... put dont get mad when the quality isn't what you expected.
+1000
Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #73
BiGDaWgZ

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
+1000

I believe in that same motto...to a certain degree.

BUT...to better explain my point of view...I'll use something as simple as clothing....as an example.

There are ALOT of price differences in clothing.

Some of the cheapest are just that...cheap jeans, shirts, shoes..etc.....and you can spot that by looking at the way that they're made, stitched and the materials used.

But..there are quality shirts, shoes and jeans at a much lower price point than what some of these other "Designer" brands cost....too.

You won't find me buying $250+ blue jeans or $200+ T Shirts or $500+ tennis shoes...because there are very high quality examples of all of these items at a fraction of the cost of some of the high dollar "Brand" named items.

So I'm going to buy the ones that are quality made and sold at a reasonable price point.

If there are true quality differences that can be stated and shown WITH EVIDENCE to back those claims up.....well then I'd be open to such a large price difference..

When I think of ACTUAL quality differences, I think of things like one wheel is Forged while the other is Cast.....or one wheel has poor machining/casting marks on it...balance issues, fitment issues, finish issues......etc.

I don't see any of these types of differences in the posted pictures of both examples.

I'd like to see more facts...with actual proof...substantiating the reasons why these wheels costs nearly double what the others are going to be priced at....not just a blind statement about quality.

I know that nobody owes me an explanation for anything...but if statements are going to be made about inferior build quality or material quality or finishes...I'd like to see them backed up with something other than words.

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ; 12-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #74
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
^^^^ This *AND* what you stated BiGDaWgZ. I'm by no means an rim expert first and formost. I bought a set of American Racing Torq Thrust M rims for my Camaro in the spring. I looked at a lot of rims before I decided on what ones I wanted. It seemed that the range of $1200-$1600 was where you would get a well made set of rims for a decent price. Price and quality met, so to speak. The GM ZL1 rims can be bought "as new take offs" for $2500-$2700.....awesome rims, but more than I want to pay. LG & Ivan teamed up to offer a set for $1695 (or $1595 if you were smart and got in early ). These are in the good quality/good price range and about half the price of "real" ZL1 rims.

I was excited, VERY EXCITED when I read Factory Repo offering a line of ZL1 rims, especially the machined/black rim (I think that would be over the top on my IOM Camaro ). But as bizarre as it sounds, when I saw the price, red flags went up big time. How could these be offered for "so cheap" when soooo many other rim manufacturers wares start at $1200+. Trust me, I am one cheap SOB and I don't EVER throw my money around, but there's this weird feeling that cheaper rims won't be cheaper in the long run.

Ivan....since you seem to be the PR person for the LG ZL1 rims.....is it a possible future offering to have the rims in a machined/black face? Like the 2011 Sema Hot Wheels Camaro? I would sleep in the garage for 6 months to have a set .

Whew....I'm getting another coffee
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #75
IBMcamaroIBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I was excited, VERY EXCITED when I read Factory Repo offering a line of ZL1 rims, especially the machined/black rim (I think that would be over the top on my IOM Camaro ). But as bizarre as it sounds, when I saw the price, red flags went up big time. How could these be offered for "so cheap" when soooo many other rim manufacturers wares start at $1200+. Trust me, I am one cheap SOB and I don't EVER throw my money around, but there's this weird feeling that cheaper rims won't be cheaper in the long run.
Thank you! THIS RIGHT HERE.