Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

View our official forum sponsors list.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #57
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*
 
SlyJester7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
its friday... what the heck guys , dying to see these

Yea ditto. That monday-tuesday to see them powdercoated has came and gone. . . :(
__________________
SlyJester7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #58
cota0429
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniverary
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tracy
Posts: 84
If they are being made local, how are there no pics?
cota0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #59
IBMcamaroIBM
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 54
i think the prices of these things may need to be reduced if you want to keep costumers.
I agree that these are defintley better quality than the other replica wheel that are being produced by Factory reproductions , and also you guys are having them powdercoated which is anpther strong point for you guys.But at the end of the day, most people are going to go for the one that is $700 cheaper. I believe that its smarter to get the quality rims from you guys and pay extra but not ABOUT $700 plus extra. your price: 1695+ shipping(about 160)= 1885 AND that price DOES NOT include sensors OR lugnuts. And than get tires that are ridiculously priced. which is probably another 1100 for tires. which comes to about $2995 not included lugnuts and sensors. Im not saying you need to match FactoryRep in price for the wheels but maybe reduce that 1695 price tag, you will get more costumers because than paying the extra 2/300 doesnt seem to bad , instead of 700extra.. Also, for the price of there wheels, you can get 2 sets(8 wheels) for the price of 1600. which is still cheaper. And than people can have them powdercoated and still be cheaper plus theres more options so that means more tire options. that are cheaper or re use the pirellis. Just trying to help out..
IBMcamaroIBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #60
cota0429
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniverary
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tracy
Posts: 84
Good point ^ but besides powder coating... What makes the "quality" better? Not trying to be an Butthead here but what proof is there that the actual "build" is better? I must have missed something. The other "wheel" is from a company that specializes in building wheels, that's all they do. We still have not heard 100% from the OP where these are being built. If there were being built locally or in the USA... We should have a pic by now.
cota0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #61
BiGDaWgZ
 
BiGDaWgZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East Central Indiana
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroIBM View Post
"
I agree that these are defintley better quality than the other replica wheel that are being produced by Factory reproductions"

How can anyone determine the quality of these wheels versus the ones being made by factory reproductions.......neither one has been made yet??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________


2010 2SS/RS-6spd Manual-12k Miles-Blown-Injected-Fueled-Dropped & more
BiGDaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #62
IBMcamaroIBM
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 54
^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
There are a few distinct differences that I can help shed some light on right off the bat as to why LG's are a bit more $ and why they are a better quality wheel:

1.) The LG ZR28's are a pressure cast wheel so they are made of a denser material.

2.) Because of this this they will be Lighter and Stronger than a normal casting like the other replica wheels seen on ebay and the likes.

3.) The ZR28s are crash tested. That in itself speaks volumes. You want your wheels to be able to hold the brakes when and if needed in situations where safety is paramount. LG Motorsports RACES what they sell. Period.

4.) Built by a company that does GM OEM wheels. So you know it's not just a wheel that "replicates" a GM wheel for looks.

5.) OEM like finish. It will last and perform just like the original.

While there are certainly cheaper options out there, it's known that those wheels will be sold to a certain demographic of customer.


Hope this helps clear the air about some of the differences out there....

Ivan
hope this explains you guys thinking the other vendor has better quality.. Factory reproductions stuff is made in china btw. Also, just look at the pictures between the two right now and its pretty obvious i mean come on.
IBMcamaroIBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #63
BiGDaWgZ
 
BiGDaWgZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East Central Indiana
Posts: 118
True...but early reports are that the other wheel weighs within 1 pound or so...of the original FORGED GM wheel...so I'm guessing they're either pressure cast or rotary forged to be that light.

If this wheel can beat that weight...then I'd understand that as a point..but if not....

As to people commenting on where the wheels are made...alot..if not MOST..... FACTORY wheels are being made in CHINA now...


Quote:
While there are certainly cheaper options out there, it's known that those wheels will be sold to a certain demographic of customer.
I guess I might be a "Certain Demographic" type of customer (sounds almost condecending)...because I want a wheel that looks like the ZL1 wheel...for the best price??
__________________


2010 2SS/RS-6spd Manual-12k Miles-Blown-Injected-Fueled-Dropped & more

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ; 12-08-2012 at 11:16 AM.
BiGDaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #64
cota0429
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniverary
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tracy
Posts: 84
Thanks for posting that ^ I missed that post somewhere down the line. Gives a better explanation why the price difference is much more. Still there isn't 100% clarification as to where the LG is being made. Is it worth the extra money still? Thats a question we all need to answer for ourselves.
cota0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #65
BiGDaWgZ
 
BiGDaWgZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East Central Indiana
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroIBM View Post
^^^

Also, just look at the pictures between the two right now and its pretty obvious i mean come on.

I've looked at the pics of both versions of these wheels quite a bit... and I can't see where this "quality" difference is that you're talking about ?



Please be specific and let me know what quality feature it is that you're actually referring to.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here...I'm just curious as to how people can make these types of claims when neither one of these wheels are out on the market yet???
__________________


2010 2SS/RS-6spd Manual-12k Miles-Blown-Injected-Fueled-Dropped & more

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ; 12-08-2012 at 11:17 AM.
BiGDaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #66
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 17,910
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #67
IBMcamaroIBM
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGDaWgZ View Post
True...but early reports are that the other wheel weighs within 1 pound or so...of the original FORGED GM wheel...so I'm guessing they're either pressure cast or rotary forged to be that light.

If this wheel can beat that weight...then I'd understand that as a point..but if not....

As to people commenting on where the wheels are made...alot..if not MOST..... FACTORY wheels are being made in CHINA now...

I guess I might be a "Certain Demographic" type of customer (sounds almost condecending)...because I want a wheel that looks like the ZL1 wheel...for the best price??
Factory reproductions are not rotary forged. The price would not be that good, look up some reviews on factory reproductions and youll see some very odd things happen to them, chrome flake off , black paint fades, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cota0429 View Post
Thanks for posting that ^ I missed that post somewhere down the line. Gives a better explanation why the price difference is much more. Still there isn't 100% clarification as to where the LG is being made. Is it worth the extra money still? Thats a question we all need to answer for ourselves.
Exactly my thoughts, do it hink its worth the 1695, no, maybe theyll reduce it a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGDaWgZ View Post
I've looked at the pics of both versions of these wheels quite a bit... and I can't see where this "quality" difference is that you're referring to???



Please be specific and let me know what quality feature it is that you're actually referring to.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here...I'm just curious as to how people can make these types of claims when neither one of the wheels are out on the market yet???
DUDE look at both wheels, no that hard. you dont think its fishy at all thats there priced at 799?! not saying there bad wheels but not the greatest quality, it may do the job but you may be spending more down the road to repair finishes, ETC.
IBMcamaroIBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #68
BiGDaWgZ
 
BiGDaWgZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East Central Indiana
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroIBM View Post
DUDE look at both wheels, no that hard. you dont think its fishy at all thats there priced at 799?! not saying there bad wheels but not the greatest quality, it may do the job but you may be spending more down the road to repair finishes, ETC.


Dude...I've LOOKED at all of the available pictures of BOTH WHEELS.....I'm not seeing some glaring quality difference...so please fill me in on what you're seeing...(not what we've been told by one mfr' or the other)

To top it off......now....any other company that's closer to a realistic price ($1000 seems realistic to me)....is all of a sudden "FISHY"??????
__________________


2010 2SS/RS-6spd Manual-12k Miles-Blown-Injected-Fueled-Dropped & more
BiGDaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #69
IBMcamaroIBM
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGDaWgZ View Post
Dude...I've LOOKED at all of the available pictures of BOTH WHEELS.....I'm not seeing some glaring quality difference...so please fill me in on what you're seeing...(not what we've been told by one mfr' or the other)

To top it off......now....any other company that's closer to a realistic price ($1000 seems realistic to me)....is all of a sudden "FISHY"??????
goodluck with whatever wheels you get.
IBMcamaroIBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #70
mgaspari

 
mgaspari's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroIBM View Post
i think the prices of these things may need to be reduced if you want to keep costumers.
I agree that these are defintley better quality than the other replica wheel that are being produced by Factory reproductions , and also you guys are having them powdercoated which is anpther strong point for you guys.But at the end of the day, most people are going to go for the one that is $700 cheaper. I believe that its smarter to get the quality rims from you guys and pay extra but not ABOUT $700 plus extra. your price: 1695+ shipping(about 160)= 1885 AND that price DOES NOT include sensors OR lugnuts. And than get tires that are ridiculously priced. which is probably another 1100 for tires. which comes to about $2995 not included lugnuts and sensors. Im not saying you need to match FactoryRep in price for the wheels but maybe reduce that 1695 price tag, you will get more costumers because than paying the extra 2/300 doesnt seem to bad , instead of 700extra.. Also, for the price of there wheels, you can get 2 sets(8 wheels) for the price of 1600. which is still cheaper. And than people can have them powdercoated and still be cheaper plus theres more options so that means more tire options. that are cheaper or re use the pirellis. Just trying to help out..
intresting, maybe they will decrease price a bit
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.