Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #351
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I wonder at what point a vendor will be banned? Lets see we lost BmoreCam now Sixjak who is next. Ever notice its the same people talking about the same product being annoying and rude though never being banned. Sorry Six I am sure you can read this just not respond. It really is to bad the community of V6'ers has come to this. I guess if you ban the people who dont like your product you will sell more product.
You don't know the whole story behind it all so you can't judge it off someone who you think plays nice over the forum.

But sorry to Jump in the thread. Had to say something since y'all think its not all a particular person
Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #352
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I wonder at what point a vendor will be banned? Lets see we lost BmoreCam now Sixjak who is next.
To be fair BmoreCam is still here, just under the MACE ENG name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #353
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Quote:
I wonder at what point a vendor will be banned? Lets see we lost BmoreCam now Sixjak who is next. Ever notice its the same people talking about the same product being annoying and rude though never being banned. Sorry Six I am sure you can read this just not respond. It really is to bad the community of V6'ers has come to this. I guess if you ban the people who dont like your product you will sell more product.
I been quit lately but have to say this. WHat has been going on with SixJak has gone on behind the curtains. Out of nowhere my YouTube uploads was attacked by this person and I know because the person did hide their info good enough. If y'all only knew what some of us know and seen. And since when has BmoreCam and this company that you think got Six banned have anything in common? BmoreCam and Mace have been working closely with the supposed company for alittle now. His banned was related to sponsorship! His ban was along the same lines as why Vince got ban. Get it right people!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #354
Ir0nM4n

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
You don't know the whole story behind it all so you can't judge it off someone who you think plays nice over the forum.

But sorry to Jump in the thread. Had to say something since y'all think its not all a particular person
Look calling out another manufacture in my book is rude. You fully know the situation between RX and IPF. Enough already with this garbage. How about enjoying your purchase and moving on like most have. The conduct of ((SOME)) RX owners has certainly at times been way over the top. I just cant believe the bans have been so one sided.

Ok, enough about how I feel. Now moving on to something a little more positive. Like enjoying my car.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #355
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
I can understand why someone would think what MiniHlk thinks... Many different people get agressive on here and only some get their behaviors redirected... Since I've been on this forum it has been Old vs. Young, V8 vs. V6, this vendor vs. that vendor, V6 FI vs. V6 FI, now this... whatever this is...

I'm just here for the tech knowledge.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #356
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
I called out ipf cuz they are the only other SC's out there. Nothing to due with what is going on between companies.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #357
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Out of nowhere my YouTube uploads was attacked by this personhip!

Unfortunately the same thing happened to me too. The person's account info said they were in Branson Missouri, so I can only put two and two together..

Honestly IMO I think this thread should be locked, the OP is banned so I do not think anything really useful or constructive can/will come out of this
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #358
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post

Unfortunately the same thing happened to me too. The person's account info said they were in Branson Missouri, so I can only put two and two together..

Honestly IMO I think this thread should be locked, the OP is banned so I do not think anything really useful or constructive can/will come out of this
No this thread should not be locked.....just maybe cleaned up a little.

Once SIXJAKs car is finished, it will be interesting because he is using some new components, as well as running the new tune offered by IPF (which does N/A cars and I'm seriously considering switching from Trifecta to IPF down the road).

His build would be done if it wasn't for the custom job he is going for.

As for other information I won't go into detail, but don't assume that it is Jak doing all the attacking....even if it says the user is from Branson Mo.

The RX kit is progressing, and I'm sorry but you guys were all R&D testers and still are in many ways...thats just the way it is. I'm sorry if that offends anyone but it is the truth. The IPF kit is ready to go as is.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #359
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Wow, certainly didn't expect my response to a question would get this reaction. This is the kind of stuff that's going to keep anybody from buying any SC kit.
I'm just happy I had a choice in the kit that I bought and installed in my camaro !
Old 10-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #360
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
No this thread should not be locked.....just maybe cleaned up a little.

Once SIXJAKs car is finished, it will be interesting because he is using some new components, as well as running the new tune offered by IPF (which does N/A cars and I'm seriously considering switching from Trifecta to IPF down the road).

His build would be done if it wasn't for the custom job he is going for.

As for other information I won't go into detail, but don't assume that it is Jak doing all the attacking....even if it says the user is from Branson Mo.

The RX kit is progressing, and I'm sorry but you guys were all R&D testers and still are in many ways...thats just the way it is. I'm sorry if that offends anyone but it is the truth. The IPF kit is ready to go as is.
I don't know about others, but I knew I was a test mule from day one. Ok back to the FI talks.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #361
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I don't know about others, but I knew I was a test mule from day one. Ok back to the FI talks.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
As long as it was something the buyer knew going in, then I have no problem with that.

Yep....back to the build.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #362
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Six got suspend where have I been. You Sc guy need to learn from us Turbo guys. As long as there a need a product proven or not is still testing. I personally don't have a problem with either company. In my eyes every FI v6 add more to help with the v8 haters regardless to llt or lfx. Just my two cent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #363
Nutbutt

Just trying to answer questions based on info from my build. We all benefit from more FI builds and systems.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #364
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Holy Crappola! I don't know what happened and I'm not asking what happened. But these things sure get annoying to the members who just want a free exchange of information and experience.

Hey, SixJack! I tried to PM you, and found out about the BAN. I had a non-forum question for you about your show. I'm set to receive visitor PMs, so can you try to PM me your email or contact info?

Hope the suspension/ban/whatever gets lifted soon so we can hear about the finished install.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #365
IPF-Tuning

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX - IPF Supercharged
IPF Thanks you!

Thanks for the kind words Nut! We really strive hard to support our customers in a timely manner and always try to be available whenever possible.

I hope you having fun with your car!

Thanks,

Jesse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Since Sixjak probably can't respond, let me say that the IPF kit is backed by EDS and has the ability to tune your camaro with any type of bolt ons. I have found that the guys at IPF and EDS are great at turning your tune around as quickly as possible. I have even gotten a tune worked on a Sunday when I was installing. I can't tell you how happy I am with the maturity of the kit and the service after the install to get your tune just right.
I am not after a track car but I wanted a reliable kit that could be tracked once in awhile. I have experience with other supercharged car, V8, but this kit was by far the easiest install.
Don't get caught up in the call outs by others. This is usually an indication of someone trying to prove out something. There seems to be many changes to these kits lately which leads me to believe these are not mature enough yet.

Last edited by IPF-Tuning; 11-01-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #366
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Finally took my car out tonight and spent some real driving time.

It's seems like a different car. Power comes on linear and at 24 degrees the torque increase is way too much for my worn clutch to handle.

In 1st gear the back end kicks out pretty hard and redline comes up super quick.

2nd gear I have to feather because the clutch starts slipping.

3rd gear requires even more care because the condition of my clutch really is exposed. Could not do WOT in 3rd gear until up past 80 and even then I had to slowly push the throttle down. At 43k miles, my front rotors are a bit warped. I just took nyrfan's Brembo's off his hands. So I'll be getting those installed shortly along with a new clutch.

I was thinking that I had the luxury of waiting to see what else comes out but the more I drive it, the more I realize how worn the clutch is. Spec, here I come. Should I do the Stage 3+? Sycraft, I'm serious about exploring this Tremec transmission route. Whatever I can do to help the cause, let me know.

It is simply amazing just how powerful the car is with this mod. I'm going to look into getting a new clutch ASAP so I can go Mustang/Challenger/SS hunting lol.

The sound this kit makes is a megawatt permagrin and full of win. Screamin I now get what you were referring to when you were talking about the V3 sound. The whine under boost sounds awesome too. I have a Greddy atmospheric BOV vs. the recirculating system that the standard IPF kit comes with. The standard IPF kit's BOV is designed to be quiet like factory FI kits are designed to be. As far as I know, there is no performance advantage either way. Atmospheric to me just sounds a little more mean.

Under normal driving with the windows rolled up, you'd be hard pressed to know the car is SC'd. It's smooth and linear. You do hear a little bit of pssshhhhhhh in the 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd gear changes. Under hard acceleration, the closest thing I can compare it to is my friend's M5 V10. Even then it's just totally different. I like it better than any V8 I've ever heard. The sound of the LT header/ARK exhaust, the forced air, the V3 mechanical sound and whine combine to make spine tingling sounds.

I was not comfortable filming with my iPhone while driving a manual as well as where i was driving( tight winding roads) and besides, I just wanted to focus on the driving experience.

I know I need a GoPro or 2 or 3. Christmas should remedy this problem.

To me this mod is a no brainer. Up until this mod, my ARK DT-S by far had brought me the most joy.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #367
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
I am glad you like the IPF System as much as me, it really is a joy to drive and blast around. I constantly find myself walking the back end a little sideways with the traction control trying to keep up, but the power overrides it. Yes, the Spec 3+ is the way to go for now, There may be a couple of more choices in the next month or 2 though with monster and a possible street slayer. The trans thing would be cool but I do not have the ability or money to down my vehicle for a conversion design, so that will have to wait. My money is going towards TIRES and suspension next. You will love the Brembos, they work great. Keep the hammer down and let me know if you need anything..

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #368
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Ahhhh it was you who got those brembos! If you didn't go through with it I was going to try and get the rears. Just the front brembos are a dramatic improvement over the stock brakes. Good investment for sure.

Good to hear everything is good in your neck of the woods.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #369
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I have a Greddy atmospheric BOV vs. the recirculating system that the standard IPF kit comes with. The standard IPF kit's BOV is designed to be quiet like factory FI kits are designed to be. As far as I know, there is no performance advantage either way. Atmospheric to me just sounds a little more mean.
Where are the ??
Got any of the Greddy atmospheric BOV installed? :-)
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #370
Nutbutt

Sounds great ! Same with me, the IPF SC has been the highlight mod in my book. I am going with a pedders suspension as soon as I get by the holidays. The vert needs a little different spring in the rear.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #371
Dyk-NO

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6
It makes me cry out of jealousy! well at least my ARK DTS will be on this spring so that makes me feel better I guess or maybe not.. .

Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #372
IPF-Tuning

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX - IPF Supercharged
CONGRATS JAK!~!! We at IPF are all stoked for you! Have fun! And, no we do not pay speeding tickets. HAHA!

Thanks,

Happy Holidays!

Jesse!

P.S. if you want the same "megawatt permagrin" hit me up with a PM!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #373
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I am glad you like the IPF System as much as me, it really is a joy to drive and blast around. I constantly find myself walking the back end a little sideways with the traction control trying to keep up, but the power overrides it. Yes, the Spec 3+ is the way to go for now, There may be a couple of more choices in the next month or 2 though with monster and a possible street slayer. The trans thing would be cool but I do not have the ability or money to down my vehicle for a conversion design, so that will have to wait. My money is going towards TIRES and suspension next. You will love the Brembos, they work great. Keep the hammer down and let me know if you need anything..
W

Alright I'm going to look into getting the Spec stage 3+ clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Ahhhh it was you who got those brembos! If you didn't go through with it I was going to try and get the rears. Just the front brembos are a dramatic improvement over the stock brakes. Good investment for sure.

Good to hear everything is good in your neck of the woods.

Yes that was me. Should be here in a few days. And thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Where are the ??
Got any of the Greddy atmospheric BOV installed? :-)
The BOV is down underneath by the left front tire. Very hard to see or photograph without a lift. Going to put the Evolution Motorsports recirculating BOV on today to hear the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Sounds great ! Same with me, the IPF SC has been the highlight mod in my book. I am going with a pedders suspension as soon as I get by the holidays. The vert needs a little different spring in the rear.
Keep us posted with your suspension mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
It makes me cry out of jealousy! well at least my ARK DTS will be on this spring so that makes me feel better I guess or maybe not.. .
The ARK DT-S is a no brainer mod. Worth every penny. You will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
CONGRATS JAK!~!! We at IPF are all stoked for you! Have fun! And, no we do not pay speeding tickets. HAHA!

Thanks,

Happy Holidays!

Jesse!

P.S. if you want the same "megawatt permagrin" hit me up with a PM!
Going to have to invest in an Escort or Passport or maybe install one of those Radar/Laser jammer/scramblers.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #374
Emeries

Drives: 2010 LT Camaro
Congrats Six. You got a unique Camaro.

I am Wondering, if every person with M6 and FI system need to upgrade their clutch, does that apply to A6 too? is a better flywheel needed?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #375
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
W

Alright I'm going to look into getting the Spec stage 3+ clutch.

Yes that was me. Should be here in a few days. And thanks.

The BOV is down underneath by the left front tire. Very hard to see or photograph without a lift. Going to put the Evolution Motorsports recirculating BOV on today to hear the difference.

Keep us posted with your suspension mods.

The ARK DT-S is a no brainer mod. Worth every penny. You will love it.

Going to have to invest in an Escort or Passport or maybe install one of those Radar/Laser jammer/scramblers.
Just a heads up, the radar/laser jammers, like the ones you see from Rocky Mountain research don't really work. And don't get caught w/ anything that actively jams radar, because those are illegal. Just can't have any fun anymore...

Closed Thread

Tags
lol